Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
BlueFeather

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#3211 Post by BlueFeather »

it really been a while since i drew.. about 2 years and i just started again..

this is my sketch of Tsuraga Ren <3

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and this i drew and colored it it in Photoshop that's why it's a bit shaky, sadly i am not really good at the coloring either -_-''
any way people say it looks like Captain Tsubasa?does it really?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
btw this is amazing Niki *thumbs up* :lol:

Last edited by BlueFeather on Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anthy
Regular

#3212 Post by Anthy »

WIP section of a WIP cover page.
The rest of the page (and this too somewhat) needs perspective-tweaking. I'm probably trying to draw beyond my ability... :P

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#3213 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Background. Needs critique please ^_^
Example 1.jpg

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3214 Post by OtomeWeekend »

@Auro: not really a critique but i suddenly have a deja vu about our classroom xD
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#3215 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

OtomeWeekend wrote:@Auro: not really a critique but i suddenly have a deja vu about our classroom xD
Well. I'm going to take that as a good sign :D

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#3216 Post by Watercolorheart »

I always feel weird when someone does that kind of classroom background that looks like every other classroom background in every other VN, ever, and the character sprites are impaled on the desks in order to stand at the wrong perspective. >_<

I would render it purely from the side or from the front of the classroom, or draw the sprites specifically to fit that background by sitting on the desks or leaning against them.

Anthy: The perspective looks fine from here.
I'm not even the same person anymore

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#3217 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

BCS wrote:I always feel weird when someone does that kind of classroom background that looks like every other classroom background in every other VN, ever, and the character sprites are impaled on the desks in order to stand at the wrong perspective. >_<

I would render it purely from the side or from the front of the classroom, or draw the sprites specifically to fit that background by sitting on the desks or leaning against them.

Anthy: The perspective looks fine from here.
Well, most Japanese classrooms do look exactly the same, no matter where you are in the country ^^' Pretty much every photo I looked at was like that. Since the rooms are quite small and the sprites generally stay the same size, it can be a little awkward. Not enough of a worry for me to redo it or draw more sprites though.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#3218 Post by HigurashiKira »

Dropping a little something here.
A long time ago I wrote a story featuring 2 detectives: 1 a PI, the other worked for the PD. Well, one of the endings had the PD Detectve rush off somewhere even after all the warnings from his fellow detectives. He dies after getting shot in the chest. The person who finds him? The PI, who by then had gotten close to him. So, here's that scene. (albeit, rather crappily)
&quot;Why couldn't you have waited for me to back you up? Why did you come alone, damnit?!&quot;
"Why couldn't you have waited for me to back you up? Why did you come alone, damnit?!"
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Niki
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

#3219 Post by Niki »

@BlueFeather Haha thanks x3

This place makes me so envious >< Everyone has such good coloring and drawing skills orz
I (tried to) do a background; it's just a simple corridor though ^^;
Attachments
gakkou_rouka.png
Image (devblog) || tumblr

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3220 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:
Well, most Japanese classrooms do look exactly the same, no matter where you are in the country ^^' Pretty much every photo I looked at was like that. Since the rooms are quite small and the sprites generally stay the same size, it can be a little awkward. Not enough of a worry for me to redo it or draw more sprites though.

Well, that goes for the public schools x3 I dunno about private schools... the all girls school near our place here has gorgeous facility as the rumors goes *drools*
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#3221 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

OtomeWeekend wrote:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:

Well, that goes for the public schools x3 I dunno about private schools... the all girls school near our place here has gorgeous facility as the rumors goes *drools*
True, and I can only base that on the photos I have seen. It's not like I've recently taken a tour of Japan looking at schools XD Though classroom don't vary much here. I went to a very prestigious all boy school for exam revision once and their classrooms were pretty much the same. Hell, even my university classrooms looked pretty similar. Nothing much changed.

Celestie
Veteran

#3222 Post by Celestie »

Hm, yeah, outlined something yesterday as per request of a friend of mine. It's....a fanart, sorts of. The girl is my friend's OC, but the gyus are from her favorite manga Aphorism (which I love, too), so, yeah, credits there as well. And I forever fail at tuxedos and males. OTL.
Attachments
...*dead*
...*dead*
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

thekobester11
Regular
Completed: none >.<
Projects: experimenting renpy as of this moment

#3223 Post by thekobester11 »

Please comment about my artwork, I've been trying to make my own style. This is a prototype of my main protag whose gonna appear in my visual novel... Critique please
Attachments
Please don't hesitate to comment about it...
Please don't hesitate to comment about it...

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#3224 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@thekobester11 I don't know what's going on with the right eye, but it looks a little, ah, complicated. There are too many lines.

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#3225 Post by Tag- »

@Celestie
I really like this picture, you've done a really nice job~ The expressions and clothes look great, especially the folds. (And may I say that I particularly love that rose and that girl's gorgeous dress :D )

However, I can still see a few anatomical mistakes, particularly in their hands and the sizes of the heads (the guy on the right's head looks a little small, for example).
Also, with the girl's face, you have her body facing the right, and her face facing the front, yet her nose is implied to be facing the left.

That's all I've got to say though, great job :D
PM me if needed