Fruit ☆ Amulet (Fantasy) EDIT

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
tuna_sushi
Veteran
Projects: BloomingBlossoms

Fruit ☆ Amulet (Fantasy) EDIT

#1 Post by tuna_sushi »

It looks dumb. I know.

this might be a BxG for girls.... I changed the story, and it's more.... shounen.....

Story:
Kyousike Kogano, a 16 year-old-guy that hates most people in the world.(Emo???) He found a girl in her school that was his sister's friend, and he used to like Kyousuke. But the girl,Ringo, doesn't remember anything at all! Now it's Kyousuke's time to get closer. Or...should he give up??? It got him more confused when he knows the real ringo.... which makes him realize his real self!

Charas:
Name: Kyousuke Kogano
School: Konami High (?)
Decription: Hates people
Quote: "Who are you and get out of my sight... I mean... Nice to meet you..."

Should I continue making this?? Or is it too dumb to exist????

Image (Ringo)
Name: Ringo Hatsurai
School: Konami High
Description: Used to be in the same school as Kyousuke, but she can't remember anything about him!
Quote: "Carrot Cake..."
WHO IS SHE?!

Name: Umeka (Ume) Hiyotari
School : Jiyotaro Private School
Description: Has a lot of part-time jobs. Hates boys(Matbe just Kyosuke?).
Quote: "Where's my money?!"

Name: Nashiko (Nashi-tan) Tsukimiya
School: Insushi Private School
Description: Loves Books.Childish, but she already has a boyfriend.
Quote: "Can I borrow what you're holding?"

Name: Ichigo Chiyotari
Description: Stupid, but smart. Smart at achademics. Has a fanclub. (Rumors that Ken started it.)
Quote: "You like me?really?"

Name:Ken (no last name noted)
Decsription: Kyosuke's Idiotic (Best) Friend.
Quote: "No need to tell me. I know you like me. Wait.... she's gone....."

Name :

Kyosuke Kogano
& Ringo Hatsurai
(look at the attachments...)
Attachments
Ringo's true form (?)
Ringo's true form (?)
real ringo.png (22.27 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
His true self
His true self
real kyousuke.png (17.34 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
Last edited by tuna_sushi on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Funnyguts
Veteran

Re: Fruit ☆ Amulet (Friendship, Comedy, Slice of Life, Schoo

#2 Post by Funnyguts »

Sounds okay. Kyousuke seems a bit too much of a jerk to be taken seriously. It might be fun to play as a male tsundere though....

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

This project has potential. I noticed it was described as "BxG for girls." That got me thinking. I've heard discussion on why men sat through the late 90s movie Titanic -- because the film was directed by James Cameron, best known for his special effect action movies. And I've heard discussion on why women gave Tron Legacy a chance -- because it was about a father and his estranged son.

In the anime-manga world, there's some instances of series that cross audience gender boundaries. For instance, consider Honey and Clover, a show about a boy x girl x boy love triangle... from the guys' point of view. Likewise, it's easy to forget that some series with quite a range of appeal were were serialized in magazines aimed at one demographic (for instance, Azumanga Daioh was in a boys' comics anthology).

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#4 Post by PyTom »

The setup of this game seems quite acceptable - I'd claim that quite similar cast lists underpin a bunch of manga, anime, and visual novels. You've got the mysterious girl, the tsundere, the library girl, and the academic girl. There's also a wingman character, which actually makes sense, as it gives the main character someone to talk to before he meets the girls. At the same time, this is massively underspecified - while it's possible to make this game, you need to decide what happens to these characters, and what will make this game unique. What's each girl's arc through the story, and so on.

I think, with minor adjustments, your cast list could be mapped onto the characters of The World God Only Knows and Edelweiss. Don't let that discourage you - there's nothing wrong with making a traditional game. Just realize that's what you're doing.

The art could use some work - it would be tough to play through a game with that style.

gekiganwing wrote:I've heard discussion on why men sat through the late 90s movie Titanic -- because the film was directed by James Cameron, best known for his special effect action movies.
There's also the fact that Titanic was a really good film. I mean, Cameron made movie about an event everyone knew the ending of. Even if you didn't know what happened to Titanic going in, a character pretty much walks you through the precise sequence of events that was going to happen - IIRC, there was even a computer graphic explaining what would happen. And despite that, it still remained compelling. (Sorry, but I saw it in theaters before it became fashionable to dislike it.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#5 Post by HikkiPanda »

The concept of BxG for girls is definitely not dumb I think :D

But at this point, I think it will be hard to decide if you should continue this or not ... I need more info about the game to make such decision ( more stories, more atwork, etc. Ideally I will need a working demo to make such an important decision ^^;)

Dharma Fish
Regular
Projects: West Falls
Organization: Dharma Fish Studio

#6 Post by Dharma Fish »

PyTom wrote: There's also the fact that Titanic was a really good film. I mean, Cameron made movie about an event everyone knew the ending of. Even if you didn't know what happened to Titanic going in, a character pretty much walks you through the precise sequence of events that was going to happen - IIRC, there was even a computer graphic explaining what would happen. And despite that, it still remained compelling. (Sorry, but I saw it in theaters before it became fashionable to dislike it.)
Yeah, I saw Titanic in the theater also. Still think it was a fantastic movie, just suffered a bit from being over-hyped. Also the soundtrack is terrible. The special effects were amazing and Leo is faboo.

Oh wait, we're supposed to be talking about this game right? Yeah, it looks sort of generic at the moment. maybe some of the ideas could be expanded upon to make it more interesting. I don't think the art is exactly terrible. Simple is good sometimes but you need to work on shading. That sort of soft shading doesn't work with simple drawings like this, plus it's just sort of glopped randomly all over the sprite. Find a reference and maybe work out a simpler way to shade and highlight.
---------------------------------------------------
http://tkfanclub.blogspot.com/

tuna_sushi
Veteran

Re: Fruit ☆ Amulet (Fantasy) EDIT

#7 Post by tuna_sushi »

I kinda changed it... okay, maybe a lot... but it still looks dumb

tuna_sushi
Veteran

#8 Post by tuna_sushi »

preview is this cg... fit for an action VN?
Attachments
preview.png

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#9 Post by Snow Blossom »

tuna_sushi wrote:preview is this cg... fit for an action VN?
I'd say it needs a bit more work. At first I just thought it was a girl with a butterfly on her eye looking at the player - I didn't really register the guns (those are guns right?). I'd suggest some dash lines or blur to imply action, and maybe a tenser body (I mean, she's shooting someone!) Also, I think she should be looking at the player - I can't really imagine a person shooting someone while turning her face away. Also, the chest area is a bit... squished? :? Sorry if that sounded harsh, I can quite nitpicky when it comes to these things... D:

Himekinori
Regular

#10 Post by Himekinori »

Creative title :D