Witch Spell

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ShirakiHime
Regular
Projects: Mermaid Revelation (GxB otome)

Re: Witch Spell

#16 Post by ShirakiHime »

YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY *downloading +_+

EDIT:
LOLOLOLOL SHE MIXED THE RASPBERRY AND STILL GOT CAUGHT LOL XDDDDDDDDD
(btw those O_O , >_< emotes were kinda annoying tho but overall gr8 job :D

llplldll
Regular
Completed: Memento Dears

#17 Post by llplldll »

I just played through this and found it thoroughly enjoyable! ^^
The story was very cute and the graphics were pleasant.
I got the Jin ending, currently working on Hisato now.
Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see what you make next!!!

ShirakiHime
Regular

#18 Post by ShirakiHime »

*trying to get hisato's ending D: no luck x_x

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#19 Post by teacup »

Omg! I really liked playing this game. I only expected to play a little, but I ended up playing until I got both the endings. XD
It's so funny and cute! I laughed so many times at the expressions the characters made and the chibis.
Your art is really cute and the menu and everything was great.
The only things I noticed:
-Annoying harp sound effect D8;;
Easy solution though: sound effects off. So no big deal :D
-The grammar and punctuation spam (too many !'s, lol XD;) But it didn't bother me that much. I wouldn't put emoticons in the text though. The characters expression says enough!
Anyway, really great job! It put me in a happy mood.
Urgh, I just wish it was longer. I-I love Jin.. ;A; <3

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#20 Post by gekiganwing »

Downloaded the game. Once again, Norton Internet Security scanned it, and without any warning, deleted it because of an alleged problem. Apparently there's an "Insight Network Threat" called "WS.Reputation.1". (From my experiences, Norton can be overly cautious with indie games and demos, but it did not notice the many instances over several weeks when my search engine clicks were getting redirected to low quality sites.)

Anyway, I will soon re-download the game with another computer.
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#21 Post by papillon »

there's an "Insight Network Threat" called "WS.Reputation.1".
That just means "This is a new file. We don't recognise it."

Literally, that's it. It has nothing to do with anything. Norton reacts this way to any file that isn't already stored in its network. If it sees millions of people downloading it, it'll update its networks, but indies are generally screwed unless they legitimise Norton's tactics by submitting their programs to them.

I've heard rumors that they also add extra "THIS MIGHT BE DANGEROUS" flags to sites like mediafire and so on, so downloading from there would make them more paranoid, but they flag all kinds of legitimate stuff constantly and make it intentionally difficult for users to override this. It's... not a very helpful program.

ShirakiHime
Regular

#22 Post by ShirakiHime »

papillon wrote:
there's an "Insight Network Threat" called "WS.Reputation.1".
That just means "This is a new file. We don't recognise it."

Literally, that's it. It has nothing to do with anything. Norton reacts this way to any file that isn't already stored in its network. If it sees millions of people downloading it, it'll update its networks, but indies are generally screwed unless they legitimise Norton's tactics by submitting their programs to them.

I've heard rumors that they also add extra "THIS MIGHT BE DANGEROUS" flags to sites like mediafire and so on, so downloading from there would make them more paranoid, but they flag all kinds of legitimate stuff constantly and make it intentionally difficult for users to override this. It's... not a very helpful program.
O.o wow good thing I didnt buy it X_X

ScottySeng
Regular
Completed: May-Chan
Projects: Fairy Tale, What do you see

#23 Post by ScottySeng »

I have Norton 360, and I'm paranoid so I have everything set to Agressive (Which is overkill) on the settings
I've gotten no viruses so far, and I'll admit Norton is like an overprotective parent...there it goes now "This program has high CPU Usage"...

What I do to get around Insight is I created a folder and I added that folder to Norton's "Do not scan list". Insight ignores it, and I'm happy.
Do not add your entire My documents to your do not scan list...otherwise there'd be no point in having an antivirus.

mapletaffy
Regular

#24 Post by mapletaffy »

Waah~ Thanks everyone for the positive feedback~ I didn't expect those. (T.T) *tears of joy.

@Alera: Thank you for the comments~ I'll make the menus clear next time~ Thank you thank you~~~~~

@Salis: Wow~ thank you for the detailed review~~ I will remember all the areas of improvements you told me~

@cosmo: Oh~ I'm sorry~~~ I will learn how to convert it to linux~

@Victoria: Sure~~~ I will be glad to work on a collaboration~~And thank you for the positive feedback~

@teacup: Waah~ I'm sorry about the punctuation spam~ I'm happy that the story puts you to a good mood~Thank you~

tuna_sushi
Veteran
Projects: BloomingBlossoms

#25 Post by tuna_sushi »

I like it :3
the raspberry incident LOL
there's a mistake. If you want want to overwrite, it says: "Are you sure you want to quit"

Arkon
Regular

#26 Post by Arkon »

ShirakiHime wrote:*trying to get hisato's ending D: no luck x_x
http://visual-pl.blogspot.com/2011/11/w ... jscia.html - here, I just make this simple solution.

About the game - this is a little masterpiece. I'm not into otome games at all, but I can see when game is very good. And this one is very good. Just posted full review at my blog, but here I have to say that I hope it won't be your last game.

aya001
Regular

#27 Post by aya001 »

I'm playing it right now and I only have to say that GOOD JOB!!!! Love it ^^

ShirakiHime
Regular

#28 Post by ShirakiHime »

Arkon wrote:
ShirakiHime wrote:*trying to get hisato's ending D: no luck x_x
http://visual-pl.blogspot.com/2011/11/w ... jscia.html - here, I just make this simple solution.

About the game - this is a little masterpiece. I'm not into otome games at all, but I can see when game is very good. And this one is very good. Just posted full review at my blog, but here I have to say that I hope it won't be your last game.
Thank you :'D

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#29 Post by Fawn »

Great first project! It was really cute :> I loved how girly everything was haha. The emotes in the dialogue were a little weird in my opinion, but that's all that I really have to complain about xP Good job on the CGs too.

pleasethinkofme
Regular

#30 Post by pleasethinkofme »

Yay, I finally got it to download! ^.^ Now right off the bat, I'm guessing English is not your first language? :P You might want to have someone else look over the script in the future so that your wording is easier to understand :D Other than that though, it really is an adorable game with fantastic artwork! I look forward to playing more of your games in the future ^.~