[SciFi|Adventure]Adrift

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

[SciFi|Adventure]Adrift

#1 Post by Taleweaver »

After a long time of waiting, it is complete!
screenshot0001.png
screenshot0002.png
screenshot0003.png
Multi-platform zip-file here.

FACTS:
100,000+ words
Four attainable girls
Four robits - though you probably don't want to attain them.
Engaging sci-fi story - Over 15 endings
Original theme song from Mihel
All-original art
Lots and lots of extras!

From the WIP blurb:
In a distant future, man has colonized the bottom of the ocean and built huge underwater cities to provide a home for the billions of people the surface of the Earth can no longer nourish. Millions of people are sent there as pioneers, living in self-dependent communities without any contact to the world above, or Dryland, as they call it. To provide for them and to serve as the administration of the underwater cities, a series of clones was designed as human supercomputers – the Supervisors – and placed in sensory deprivation tanks inside these cities, their minds connected to the life support systems of the communities they oversaw. The Supervisors were designed to sleep in a half-lucid state while their subconscious controlled everything in their cities, and if they died of old age, a new Supervisor would stand ready, cloned from the DNA of the first.

But now, in the city of Bluetide, something has gone wrong and the connection between the Supervisor in his sensory deprivation tank and the rest of the community has collapsed for some unknown reason. The Supervisor thus awakes for the first time in three generations and finds himself blind, deaf and mute. The only connection to Bluetide consists of four poorly maintained service robots he can still control – robots with very limited capabilities.
What happened in Bluetide? This is what the Supervisor needs to find out.

You are the Supervisor.

A few words in closing: This has been a LONG nine months, and had everything gone smoothly, four months would have been a feasible timeline for a project of this scope. Alas, sometimes real life comes first, which is why this game took so FRICKING LONG to make. I hope it will still find a few players. Consider this my Christmas gift to the LSF, with my deepest thanks to DaFool and mangakaluna, without whom this wouldn't have been possible.

Oh - and before I forget... I'm hereby announcing the beginning of the secret Hinami Karaoke Contest! What is the secret Hinami Karaoke Contest? If I told you straight up, it wouldn't be secret, would it? Suffice to say that while playing Hinami's path, you may notice a bit of peculiar behavior on her side. Draw your own conclusions, and if you think you know what the Hinami Karaoke Contest is, drop me a PM to enter. First one to get everything right wins a prize, and everybody who enters is sure to have fun!
Last edited by Taleweaver on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

Re: [SciFi|Adventure]Adrift

#2 Post by Zatch »

Congrats on the release! Thanks for the present. :D I'm going to play it right now!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by monele »

Woop! Downloading and gonna play it this Xmas weekend ^.^. Thanks to all the team!

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#4 Post by Sapphi »

YESSSSSSSSS!

Downloading, can't wait to play it ^___^
Congratulations to you and everyone else for finally being able to release it!
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

rinrin
Veteran
Completed: Several.
Projects: Several.

#5 Post by rinrin »

Megaupload? :cry:
"Your download attempt from IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx did not go through. Please try again." :x

I don't usually even bother trying downloading anything from Megaupload, but I really wanted to play this game.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer

#6 Post by Taleweaver »

rinrin wrote:I don't usually even bother trying downloading anything from Megaupload, but I really wanted to play this game.
I would have provided a Mediafire link, but Mediafire didn't like me on my first attempt. It's currently working, though, so I'm re-upping this and will provide an alternate link in a few hours.
More about me in my blog

rinrin
Veteran
Completed: Several.
Projects: Several.

#7 Post by rinrin »

Taleweaver wrote:I would have provided a Mediafire link, but Mediafire didn't like me on my first attempt. It's currently working, though, so I'm re-upping this and will provide an alternate link in a few hours.
Downloading it now. Thank you!

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#8 Post by Anna »

Holy crap that must have been a lot of work :o! Congratulations on finishing it! I'll play it and tell you what I think later~

IchigoNeko

#9 Post by IchigoNeko »

Hello! I am currently playing your game and think it's very interesting--I especially like Minako.
Is there any way to avoid Erika telling on you when Minako volunteers to go diving? I keep hitting a dead end in Chapter 3.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#10 Post by Sapphi »

Aw man, I really like it so far, but I'm not sure if I can play any new Ren'Py games now... both this and The Thirteenth Year got extremely glitchy graphics after a while of playing. I assume it has something to do with not having the latest DirectX. I only have 9, but AFAIK it's the last version Win XP can use... :(
Anyway, maybe I'll get around to making a Linux-based partition sometime and play it there...

I can't decide which of the robots is my favorite, by the way. They're all so cute in their own way. I love the medic robot, and I think it's hilarious that you can
weld unsuspecting people with ECU!
:lol:
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#11 Post by PyTom »

Sapphi wrote:Aw man, I really like it so far, but I'm not sure if I can play any new Ren'Py games now... both this and The Thirteenth Year got extremely glitchy graphics after a while of playing. I assume it has something to do with not having the latest DirectX. I only have 9, but AFAIK it's the last version Win XP can use... :(
DirectX 9, 10, and 11 are three different products with the same name. Each has its own version number. You don't need to update to DX 10 or 11, you need to update DX 9 to the latest version of DX 9. (The provided tool will do this.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

moxie
Regular

#12 Post by moxie »

Awesome! I've been looking forward to this.
What a wonderful christmas present!
I've unlocked two endings, bot of them Minako's. Thanks so much! I'll edit more when I've completed more of the game. XD

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#13 Post by Taleweaver »

IchigoNeko wrote:
Is there any way to avoid Erika telling on you when Minako volunteers to go diving? I keep hitting a dead end in Chapter 3.
No, but there is a way to make sure that Minako is able to protect herself.
A few words of caution: The four paths in this game have three different "levels of difficulty". Hinami's and Erika's paths are relatively easy, Sachiko's path is moderately hard, Minako's path is HARD and relies on you to do something unintuitive during the first act. If you get stuck on finding any better ending for Minako than her Sad Ending, think of the scene you just mentioned and play around with the robots in the first act before meeting Minako.
More about me in my blog

Stargirl18
Regular

#14 Post by Stargirl18 »

Hello Taleweaver. Can you please try to make a Walkthroughs for this game? Im stuck in the game and i dont know how i can go Futher. I really like your game the game is somerwath smilar to planet stronghold. Is this your first game? You is doing good work whit your game.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#15 Post by Taleweaver »

Stargirl18 wrote:Hello Taleweaver. Can you please try to make a Walkthroughs for this game? Im stuck in the game and i dont know how i can go Futher. I really like your game the game is somerwath smilar to planet stronghold. Is this your first game? You is doing good work whit your game.
Sorry, I won't post any walkthroughs on the first day after release. If you need any specific hints, I'll gladly give them via PM, or if it's very basic stuff, also here in this thread. But I won't release a full walkthrough until the end of January - unless, of course, one of my players beats me to it :)
More about me in my blog