House 666 (horror, mystery)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
PrivateEyes
Regular
Completed: House 666
Projects: Shattered Eternity

Re: House 666 (horror, mystery)

#16 Post by PrivateEyes »

nightbane123 wrote:Nice KN you made there!:D Great art you have there too. But, I kinda wonder
why that dude burning document in the forest? in the rain? and also he suddenly sort of disappear from the story? Is that his only role in the story?
:? By the Way,
what actually happened to the Rosy in the end? Did the army found anything there ?
Nice of you to make your first post here ^__^
That's one of the things I leave to your imaginations. ;) lol

As for the man in the forest
That was his only role in this story. However, his appearance was important for setting up interest for future stories.
Which will probably be ridiculously long compared to this... ah my fingers are already hurting lol
Why live if in the end, we all die? I guess to suffer? I really have no clue.....

Please visit my Youtube channel! :D http://www.youtube.com/user/YugiohGX913?feature=mhum

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#17 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

So I finally had the time to sit down and play the game in one sitting, and to be honest, I'm a bit disappointed when I think about how much scarier it could have been. Still, very good for a first project (though who am I to talk? I haven't finished anything yet XD) since you kept in within reasonable boundaries.

The music that you selected suited the mood very well and even made me shiver at parts, but the coordination of the visuals was jarring and not at all smooth. The sprites against the backgrounds clashed a lot and looked out of place with each other; I would cite the anime-ness of the sprites as the main culprit. Besides that, the sprites were too static and the different emotions were nearly unnoticeable (but maybe I wasn't looking closely enough :/). Another thing I should mention is that some of the images you used for the objects (the books and such) could have been cleaned more. As others have said, one literally had a white box around it still.

And you already know about how I feel about the story since I was one of your proofreaders. Speaking of which, I think it'd be nice to at least get a "Special Thanks" in the credits for proofreading your script early on. I can't speak for HigurashiKira, but I'd like some recognition or mention.
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

PrivateEyes
Regular
Completed: House 666
Projects: Shattered Eternity

#18 Post by PrivateEyes »

Rewritten Ennui wrote:So I finally had the time to sit down and play the game in one sitting, and to be honest, I'm a bit disappointed when I think about how much scarier it could have been. Still, very good for a first project (though who am I to talk? I haven't finished anything yet XD) since you kept in within reasonable boundaries.

The music that you selected suited the mood very well and even made me shiver at parts, but the coordination of the visuals was jarring and not at all smooth. The sprites against the backgrounds clashed a lot and looked out of place with each other; I would cite the anime-ness of the sprites as the main culprit. Besides that, the sprites were too static and the different emotions were nearly unnoticeable (but maybe I wasn't looking closely enough :/). Another thing I should mention is that some of the images you used for the objects (the books and such) could have been cleaned more. As others have said, one literally had a white box around it still.

And you already know about how I feel about the story since I was one of your proofreaders. Speaking of which, I think it'd be nice to at least get a "Special Thanks" in the credits for proofreading your script early on. I can't speak for HigurashiKira, but I'd like some recognition or mention.
Oh right I apologize about not giving credit! So many things happened in real life (including medical problems) that I forgot about the requests I made to proofread.

I'll be sure to add you two in as Special Thanks as soon as I get the time.

As for your feedback, thanks for taking the time to write one. It is my first KN and so, I had no clue how to use Ren'Py lol
Hopefully my next project will be more polished. Than again, it's pretty difficult with just one person doing everything :D

Ah if you have the time, would you mind sharing story ideas with me? I have some floating around in my head but it's always nice to hear others :)
Last edited by PrivateEyes on Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why live if in the end, we all die? I guess to suffer? I really have no clue.....

Please visit my Youtube channel! :D http://www.youtube.com/user/YugiohGX913?feature=mhum

Mayucchi

#19 Post by Mayucchi »

Can you upload the zip file somewhere else? Somehow it doesn't open up.. ;o
If you read this before it's midnight outta here, I can still see it in the end of the day. :3
This kn interested me because of the storyline, and the art's so pretty!
Thanks for all the effort. ^.^