Hierofanía

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

Hierofanía

#1 Post by ludeshka »

A stranger arrives at Utrecht's Dusk, a remote and almost deserted outpost of the once powerful and wise Knights of Utrecht.

He says he has been accused of a crime he did not commit, and requests their help.

But the Knights are not what they once were. Utrecht, god of Justice and their patron deity, has been missing for ten years, and can no longer lend them magic or guidance.

Crocket, an unexperienced young squire, steps forward...
Hierofanía

This is my first game.
I hope to make many more. :)

Genre: Fantasy
Endings: 7
Art, Writing and Programming by Ludeshka
Original Soundtrack composed by A. Rothaus.

Have some screenshots!

And of course, have a download link :)
http://hierofania.weebly.com/downloads.html

Like I said, this is my first game. It took me a long time to complete it, and I worked very hard!
Even now I'm very afraid of posting it.
I really, really look forward to your opinions on it. Please, tell me what you thought of the story!!.

If you're going to get technical, keep in mind I'm a newbie, and I have never programmed anything before.
This doesn't mean "Don't critique me." It means, "Critique me in a way that I can understand!"
If you get too technical, I might have no idea of what you said, and your advice will go to waste. XD

Thank you so much for giving my game a chance. :)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Hierofanía

#2 Post by azureXtwilight »

I've beta-test this before! 8D I wonder if there's some major changes... In which I am downloading now!

Congrats for the release!

ludeshka
Veteran

#3 Post by ludeshka »

Yes you did, and I remain absolutely thankful to you for it :)
It looks a bit nicer, I hope, but the endings are the endings you've already seen.
Thank you so much again, Azure. :)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by DaFool »

Just would like to say this is the kind of project I hope to achieve one day, and you already did it with your first game. A singular artistic vision.

Congrats on the release!

ludeshka
Veteran

#5 Post by ludeshka »

Oh my gosh, that's such a huge compliment.
Um, still, I'll wait for your opinion on the game itself!
I mean, imagine if you play it and hate it! That would be so awkward, wouldn't it?
What I really want to say is thank you so much for encouraging me. :)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by DaFool »

I played the beta, not much changed since then, right? (I mean the writing)

What I meant to say was very few people attempt to build entire worlds for their game. You were able to almost achieve that 'singular vision'. The only things which were pushing it were
zombies and vampire

Yonowaaru

#7 Post by Yonowaaru »

The province I live in became a god? Now this I have to check out!

nefferinthia
Regular

#8 Post by nefferinthia »

Yonowaaru wrote:The province I live in became a god? Now this I have to check out!
This. Well, I don't live there but this sounds really funny seeing as Utrecht's a province/city in Holland. Nonetheless, this seems interesting. Will check it out.

ludeshka
Veteran

#9 Post by ludeshka »

DaFool wrote:I played the beta, not much changed since then, right? (I mean the writing)
If you played the Beta, then no, the writing is mostly the same. Hopefully some spelling errors were fixed. The most "new" work is on the "visual" aspect of it. Like fixing the dialogue boxes and stuff. I've really tried my best with this.
Thank you for giving it a chance! (again! :D)
Yonowaaru wrote:The province I live in became a god? Now this I have to check out!
Heehehe, now isn't it fun? I live in Argentina, so your cities sound so epic to my ears. I wonder, are people in your province particularly just? :D
Please tell me if you liked the game, will you :)
Harumi Fujyoshi wrote: This. Well, I don't live there but this sounds really funny seeing as Utrecht's a province/city in Holland. Nonetheless, this seems interesting. Will check it out.
After being raised on rpgs that used Domremy and Alexandria (also real cities) as fantastic places, I can't say I feel very guilty about using Utrecht's name. To my ear it sounds so awesome. Besides, it can't be said I insulted people living on that part of Holland! Utrecht is a God of Justice, and the main characters in the game care about him very much :D

I hope that if you try this game, you'll like it! Please tell me if you enjoyed the story! :)

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#10 Post by KomiTsuku »

I remember playing the beta during the visual novel festival as a judge. This game is still, without a doubt, my personal favorite from the contest. This most definitely is making it into my busy schedule. ^_^

KimmyBlue

#11 Post by KimmyBlue »

oohhh this is interesting, *downloads*

VagueZ

#12 Post by VagueZ »

Been playing this a bit. Just finished my first playthrough (ending 6--whoops!), and I'm very much enjoying it. The whole look of the world really sells it; your art and especially backgrounds really set the feel of the world. This is pretty awesome. I'll probably have some more impressions when I have time to play a few more routes and see a bit more of the game.

thedarkdefender
Regular
Projects: TBTR
Organization: Clockwork Cafe

#13 Post by thedarkdefender »

Downloaded.....will play after the exams -_-

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#14 Post by silenteve »

Wow, this is like a game of art :0 Will play soon :))))
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

ludeshka
Veteran

#15 Post by ludeshka »

KomiTsuku wrote:I remember playing the beta during the visual novel festival as a judge. This game is still, without a doubt, my personal favorite from the contest. This most definitely is making it into my busy schedule. ^_^
So YOU were the one who liked it! XDDDDD

No, no, just kidding. :D
Thank you so much for supporting me then and now! :)
KimmyBlue wrote:oohhh this is interesting, *downloads*
Thank you!
*waits with fingers crossed*
VagueZ wrote:Been playing this a bit. Just finished my first playthrough (ending 6--whoops!), and I'm very much enjoying it. The whole look of the world really sells it; your art and especially backgrounds really set the feel of the world. This is pretty awesome. I'll probably have some more impressions when I have time to play a few more routes and see a bit more of the game.
What you say about the backgrounds is very much appreciated. Although I still think I'm quite terrible at them, you should have seen what bgs I drew BEFORE hierofanìa. I have hopes to improve quite a bit in time for Hierofanìa 2!! :D
I hope you continue to enjoy the next playthroughs! Thank you so much for playing! :)
thedarkdefender wrote:Downloaded.....will play after the exams -_-

Best of luck with the exams, then :D

silenteve wrote:Wow, this is like a game of art :0 Will play soon :))))

Wow, no, it's just a fantasy story, it's not meant to be taken like that at all! I hope you like it once you try it! :)