Anyone good at hands?

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
SyphyChan
Veteran
Projects: Syphethia's Discoveries

Anyone good at hands?

#1 Post by SyphyChan »

Hey anyone wanna try drawing this guys hand pleeeease?
By the way if you can not please do not reply. I only wanna hear from people who can. Thaaaank you ^-^

Fawn
Moe Imouto

Re: Anyone good at hands?

#2 Post by Fawn »

You can easily learn to draw them yourself... Check out this tutorial here: http://alexds1.deviantart.com/art/Hand- ... l-83785318 Notice at the end of tutorial he recommends referencing from photos- that's very helpful when it comes to all kinds of anatomy.
Here's another tutorial on male anatomy by the same artist, should help you out as well: http://alexds1.deviantart.com/art/Fella ... -104865472

justblue
Regular
Projects: The Mask of Joy

#3 Post by justblue »

its not that good, I know :oops:
but I hope it can give you Ideas to make a better hand
-<br />simple hand
-
simple hand
currently working for this project:
Head Space - The Mask of Joy

open commission
Character artist & flash programmer at your service. kid-blue.deviantart.com

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#4 Post by silenteve »

These aren't mine :x But I thought that they'd be useful.
These aren't mine :x But I thought that they'd be useful.
Got it off of deviantart :p
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#5 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

I have to agree with Fawn here. Just draw them yourself. The only way to get good at drawing hands (or anything) is to draw them. Look at reference and draw as many as you can. Don't turn into a "Rob Liefeld artist" by constantly trying to hide the hands and feet on your characters.

Seriously - use reference. Look at your own hands - there is one on your mouse at this very instant!

nyaatrap
Crawling Chaos

#6 Post by nyaatrap »

http://www.posemaniacs.com/tools/handviewer/
I sometimes use this site to get a quick reference.
Caution: the link has a nude body

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#7 Post by LVUER »

Practicing drawing hand is actually easier because you could see your own hand while drawing... well, you could only use one hand but why do you need BOTH hands when drawing? Left or right doesn't matter, you could mirror them afterward (being good at drawing left hand means good at both)

Even after you good at it, drawing hands still takes a lot of time. It's not something you could rush it. Even when sketching it, I take a lot of care when drawing hand. I usually pause for a moment, thinking how I should draw it, zoom it in (I use digital), and drawing it more carefully compared when drawing some other parts. Lineart would take even more time, btw,

Practice, practice, and practice. At first, I also sucks at drawing hand. I already lost count on how many pictures and how many months I draw hands (copying from my own left hand) to create good-to-be-looked-at hands. Even now, I still sometimes look at my hand when drawing some difficult pose.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW