Ristorante Amore [2012] - COMPLETE

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Ristorante Amore [2012]

#46 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Thank you everyone for the kind remarks! It brightens my day :D

Another background, of a certain someone's apartment. Only two left to go and then I have to do the light versions and animations before I can start on the CGs!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#47 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Another background done, one more to go!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#48 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

... I'm loving this photo filtering thing o.o

Also, apparently this game takes place somewhere in America judging by the yellow taxi :D (The photo is actually from my sister's trip to New York).

And with that, all my backgrounds are done. I need to do the light versions tomorrow, but I'm waaaaaay ahead so far. Should be able to do the CGs justice this way!

Takanashi
Regular

#49 Post by Takanashi »

Woah, those backgrounds do really mesh well with the characters :o great job!
Do you have any kind of tutorial on how to make them? The indoors one look great.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#50 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Takanashi wrote:Woah, those backgrounds do really mesh well with the characters :o great job!
Do you have any kind of tutorial on how to make them? The indoors one look great.
No, not at the moment. I'm using techniques I picked up from Fox-Orian on DA and OokamiKasumi here, as well as my personal thing I have previously done with backgrounds. I'm pretty sure I'll do something to explain this process later when I have time in fairness to OokamiKasumi since she very nicely shared some of her practices. There isn't any great secret though, it's mostly filtered photos, painting, lineart, adjustment layers and textures :) I'm still new to this particular process as well so I'm sure I'll figure out a few more tricks in the meantime.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#51 Post by Blane Doyle »

I thought these were just PHOTOS at first, then I read your comment above Auro-Cyanide. That explains they they look so amazing! :lol:

therealrose
Regular

#52 Post by therealrose »

Oh I just love Ethan! He's the exact stereotype that makes my heart flutter in a series of series of giggle-dom. :) He just got even better when he mentioned Harry Potter. The only thing that could make him better would be if he was younger then the heroine.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#53 Post by Camille »

therealrose wrote:Oh I just love Ethan! He's the exact stereotype that makes my heart flutter in a series of series of giggle-dom. :) He just got even better when he mentioned Harry Potter. The only thing that could make him better would be if he was younger then the heroine.
He is actually younger than the heroine by a year, haha. I mistyped her age in the profiles--she's actually 22. (she says so in the intro of the game)

Plugging the favorite character poll again~ Would love it if everyone could vote. I will do a little bonus scene in the game where they comment on their rankings, so~ :D

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#54 Post by kaleidofish »

My unhelpful response to this game in general: "unf." I showed the intro video to a friend today, and we both spent a good twenty minutes squeeing over it. I can't wait to play. Everything's beautiful - from the plot to the artwork to the GUI design. I'm one of the two people that's voted for Pierre, so far. :D
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#55 Post by CheeryMoya »

Camille wrote:
therealrose wrote:Oh I just love Ethan! He's the exact stereotype that makes my heart flutter in a series of series of giggle-dom. :) He just got even better when he mentioned Harry Potter. The only thing that could make him better would be if he was younger then the heroine.
He is actually younger than the heroine by a year, haha. I mistyped her age in the profiles--she's actually 22. (she says so in the intro of the game)
Oh god, no D: I'm obligated to dislike the youngest/shota character, b-but then Ethan is the megane, and then, and then... Nononononononono- *headasplode*

On a more serious note, YOU GUYS ARE MAKING TOO MUCH PROGRESS wow, look at all the progress! BGs look nice, and the wordcount's still going up. I swear you two are not human @_@

You know who I voted for, don't you? :P And it looks like Liam's in the lead so far. So much for Pierre :lol:

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#56 Post by Anna »

I voted Angelina, the woman needed more votes >:3.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#57 Post by Obscura »

I'm a newbie here, and I haven't played very many visual novels, but I'm really looking forward to playing this game!

The screens look beautiful! And fun.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#58 Post by Camille »

kaleidofish wrote:My unhelpful response to this game in general: "unf." I showed the intro video to a friend today, and we both spent a good twenty minutes squeeing over it. I can't wait to play. Everything's beautiful - from the plot to the artwork to the GUI design. I'm one of the two people that's voted for Pierre, so far. :D
Aww, that's super flattering! >/////< I'm glad you and your friend enjoyed the video. It's a pretty good look at what the prologue is going to be like, haha. And yay for Pierre! Maybe he won't have to sit in a corner sadfacing, after all... Though Liam is clearly dominating right now. XD
CheeryMoya wrote:Oh god, no D: I'm obligated to dislike the youngest/shota character, b-but then Ethan is the megane, and then, and then... Nononononononono- *headasplode*
I don't think him being 21 when the other characters are 22/23 makes him a shota, though. :lol: Age is just a number, really.
CheeryMoya wrote:On a more serious note, YOU GUYS ARE MAKING TOO MUCH PROGRESS wow, look at all the progress! BGs look nice, and the wordcount's still going up. I swear you two are not human @_@
Progress is good, though, yes? :D We're making very good time on our game. I can't wait to share it with everyone. <3
CheeryMoya wrote:You know who I voted for, don't you? :P And it looks like Liam's in the lead so far. So much for Pierre :lol:
Nope! No idea! :'D But yeah I'm glad Ethan's up there now. I was mildly horrified when Lily* was in second place for so long. Pfffft people just can't comprehend how much of a dreamboat Pierre is. He is a dreamboat among dreamboats! ethan is actually my favorite, too /shot
Anna wrote:I voted Angelina, the woman needed more votes >:3.
Yay! /o/ I think she's the prettiest character and she has a really fun personality. I might do a second, shorter teaser video since we didn't get to see Laura or Angelina in the one I made before. :(
Obscura wrote:I'm a newbie here, and I haven't played very many visual novels, but I'm really looking forward to playing this game!

The screens look beautiful! And fun.
Thanks so much! :D I hope you like the game once it's released.

Aaaand on an updatey note, I officially started working on the part two script today. "Took a day off" to work heavily on animations/emotion coding, as well as work on the website. XD Maybe if I work as well as I did last week, I can finish off the script by this weekend. /knocks on wood. It's spring break this week, but Tales of Graces is coming out on Tuesday, hmmmm~~~ Anyway, I took a quick break to respond to comments, but I'll get back to my writing now beep boop--I mean, I'm totally a human! D:

I might need to get an editor to help go through the script since I'm working on it so quickly (so less time to apply my perfectionism to it) but I don't know who'd want to slog through this long script in such a short period of time... Any takers? You'd get a spot in the credits and early access to the uh plot twist. :'D

Patty
Regular
Completed: Letters for You, Museum Adventure: The Ascension of Huks
Projects: Paradox

#59 Post by Patty »

Uwaah, this game looks awesome! *O*

I love how polished it all comes together. The BGs, Sprites, and GUI are all nice, and mesh well together. :)

I'm conflicted between Ethan and Liam, oh no. XD

Best of luck in this project!
Letters for You [KN] [NaNoRenO 2012] : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=14271

Paradox [NaNoReNo 2013] WIP: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=19714

Museum Adventure: The Ascension of Huks http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=28476

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#60 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Example of different light settings... I'm not sure if the outdoor one would be easier or harder than the indoor ones. I guess I won't know until I try an indoor one. And yes, I know the light direction is the same for morning and afternoon. Restriction of using photographs. I may fix it if I have time. I have other things to do first :)