A Storyteller's Theatre of Visions [Scrapped, check OP]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

A Storyteller's Theatre of Visions [Scrapped, check OP]

#1 Post by CheeryMoya »

Our new project thread is here. Thank you for taking interest!
Last edited by CheeryMoya on Wed May 30, 2012 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dollywitch
Veteran
Projects: Celestial Knight Iris, Thread

Re: A Storyteller's Theatre of Visions [Collab|Crossover]

#2 Post by Dollywitch »

We're really looking for artists at the moment especially. We have quite a few writers, but we're trying to design characters at the moment and need to have enough artists to match up with the writers or someone will get overextended.

As a bit of incentive, artists will have an opportunity to design some of the "main" characters.

We could really do with a graphic artist too to come up with a logo and general visual theme. We want something a little old timey but with an element of the new, maybe a little steam punky. Though that can be pretty overdone too. A more unique visual style would be great.

Read our recruitment thread for more -

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=15014

Lennonhead
Regular
Projects: "Hinomaru", "I'm Not His Friend"

#3 Post by Lennonhead »

Sounds like an interesting idea. Just really worried that I'd join up and not do anything...

Iarumas
Regular
Completed: Death Rule: Fear Complex -Standalone Edition- | Death Rule: lost code
Projects: Death Rule Series (MESI Games)
Organization: MESI Games

#4 Post by Iarumas »

This looks like a challanging, original project. Intresting story basis as well. A good challenge for a new writer. I'm going to give it a shot.

Mnemosymnal
Projects: Sophronia
Organization: Team S.H.O.T.S.

#5 Post by Mnemosymnal »

Seems interesting, if you're willing to take a newbie.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#6 Post by PyTom »

Administrator Mode: This thread has been reported multiple times. I'm busy with work at the moment, so I've temp-locked it until I get a chance to read all the posts above and figure out what we want to do about them.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#7 Post by PyTom »

Okay, so we had a series of posts here in which this project (a fork of the LTV project) had a falling-out. Members of the LTV project accused one member of causing the falling-out of both projects. I've moved all of the posts in question to a hidden portion of this forum, since I don't think any of them are particularly suitable for posting here.

I'm in a bit of a quandry here. On one hand, I think that knowing about people who are unreliable collaborators is something that's important. On the other hand, when people make things up without any substantiation, then I don't think it's much different than a personal attack. Sure, people quoted what other people said on the forums, but there's a famous quotation:
Abraham Lincoln wrote: The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity.

So I've decided to move the original posts out of the way, and then unlock this thread. If you wish to resume the thread, you may, under one condition:

All negative comments about another user's behavior must be backed by a link to publicly accessible information that allows me and any other user to see that behavior.

Allowing the forum to turn into she-said/he-said/she-said/he-said doesn't benefit anyone - so I'm not going to allow this.

If another admin or myself decides we don't think what you're saying meets sourcing standards, we'll elide your post, or deem it a personal attack and take action. Remember - you don't _have_ to post here. If you can't back up what you're saying in a manner that lets everyone know what's going on, it might be better to just go your separate ways.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Dollywitch
Veteran
Projects: Celestial Knight Iris, Thread

#8 Post by Dollywitch »

Do private messages count, OOI? Since they're viewable by the mods.

The forum associated with this isn't publicly viewable either, so that kind of makes it a no go. Timestamped Skype quotes and whatnot should be reasonable though.

I don't know if there's ever a fully objective way to demonstrate someone as unreliable though, in this regard anyway. If they have a clear track record of not finishing projects for example, you can do it. But abuse can often be relative to the viewer's sensitivities.