Writer for Hire [Closed]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Iarumas
Regular
Completed: Death Rule: Fear Complex -Standalone Edition- | Death Rule: lost code
Projects: Death Rule Series (MESI Games)
Organization: MESI Games

Writer for Hire [Closed]

#1 Post by Iarumas »

[Edit, August 26th:] I'm closing the thread once again until further notice. I have decided to begin working on my personal visual novel project full time now. Feel free to keep an eye out for updates as they may be appearing very soon (maybe in the next few months/the end of the year). Who knows? Maybe you can get involved, too. If you are still interested in my work, feel free to PM me or leave a comment. See you soon!

Hello reader. I'd like to first off thank you for taking some time to stop by this thread and read into me. Secondly, I'm Iarumas. That is what you can call me for now as it is my “online persona” often times. Anyways, about my writing ability.

I am an enthusiastic and aspiring young writer. I am officially an employee at Winter Wolves as a script writer, but I’m currently not working on a project. I also have done a bit of proofreading for Zevia Inc. in their upcoming game, Area-X. I have recently concluded my writing of a side story to be featured in Infinite Girls and I will be writing a path in Gamelicious by NSEY Studios. I am also writing Death Rule: The Final Rule as an episode in Death Rule:lost code.

The following writing sample is written in a first person point of view. It is an action/suspense piece, but know that while I enjoy writing in this style, I am also capable of writing in third person, mystery and romance styles as well. So, without further ado, a sample of my work.
I ran around the corner hastily, pressing my body against the wall. My breath came out raggedly as I dared to look carefully around the corner. The person who had been following me was nowhere in sight. But I could not allow myself to lower my guard. I had no doubt in my mind that I was not out of danger yet. Allowing myself to quickly regain my breath, I launched myself off the wall and ran down the street. I spotted a nearby alley. I made a split-second decision and ran into the shadowy space between the buildings. Suddenly, I felt my body begin to soar. I must have tripped over something. My face seared with pain as I hit the ground and I heard my jaw crunch. Blood began to flow from the edge of my mouth as I dragged myself into the shadows. Hugging my legs to my chest, I attempted to hush my breathing as I watched for my pursuer. Then I saw the shadow appear. I forced myself to hold my breath. My heart raced, slamming itself into my broken ribs with unmerciful brutality. My eyes widened in fear as I saw a body enter the entrance of the alley… And continue on its way… I sighed with relief as my body finally began to settle down from the effects of my adrenaline. I forced myself to slowly stand up. My legs creaked dangerously under my body’s weight, but I managed to stay standing. I sighed another breath of relief. It was over…. Finally over. But as I took a step forward, I realized how wrong I was. A cold, hard hand was suddenly covering my mouth. I tried to shout for help, but I couldn’t breathe. As the world faded to black, a dreadfully familiar voice spoke…..

“You never had any hope…”
I hoped you enjoyed my writing. If you have any other questions that I have not already answered here, feel free to comment or PM me. If you would like me to write in another style including but not limited to the ones mentioned above, I’d ask that you please PM me. Once again, I thank you for your time and consideration.
Last edited by Iarumas on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 13 times in total.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Writer for Hire

#2 Post by fleet »

What rate do you charge?
What Winter Wolves games have you written?
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Iarumas
Regular
Completed: Death Rule: Fear Complex -Standalone Edition- | Death Rule: lost code

#3 Post by Iarumas »

Well, at this moment in time, I'm just interested in gaining more experience. That means for now I'm free of charge.

I was scheduled to work on an upcoming game by the name of Roommates for Winter Wolves. I received the script to look over but due to complications involving the other writer I was meant to work with, the project was halted. It has started up again very recently. I received an email from the boss asking a few questions in regards to the writing and I have reason to believe I may be working on another project instead very soon. Otherwise, I proofread some script for Zevia Inc.'s upcoming game, Area-X.

I hope this answers your questions and I thank you for being the first person to show intrest in my writing and post on the thread.
Last edited by Iarumas on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

#4 Post by Zatch »

Hey Iarumas

I wondering if you want to write side story about your superhero for my visual novel.. I'm trying to get different people pov in the world and share it with others.

Here is my thread: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=15294

Iarumas
Regular

#5 Post by Iarumas »

First off, thank you for showing interest in my writing style. I read the topic thread. I'm interested, but slightly confused. When you say "side story", you mean an alternative plot to the main story line, right? Or does it happen alongside the main plot line? So other than slight confusion there, you can count me as interested in the very least. I am going to send you a note right now so you and I can keep in contact and get some questions answered. Once again, thank you for being interested in my writing.
Last edited by Iarumas on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

#6 Post by Zatch »

Your welcome. 8) To answer your question it's alternative plot to the main storyline. Pretty much what your character is doing at the time of the main storyline..

Iarumas
Regular

Re: Writer for Hire [One Slot Open]

#7 Post by Iarumas »

Bumping thread for re-opening.

Iarumas
Regular

Re: Writer for Hire [Closed]

#8 Post by Iarumas »

Bumping for the update. Also, keep your eyes open for future updates... Clues are all around. Feel free to PM me if you want a hint.