Will work as a quality artist! (Paid only~)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Ryuushiro
Regular
Completed: Artist for "Maid With Perfection", Artist for "Love and Romance: a study of intimacy", art for "Sleepier & Sleepier", Backgrounds for "Panzer Hearts", Sketch backgrounds for "Caramel Mokaccino DEMO
Projects: "Hunting Fable"
Tumblr: wafflemeido
Deviantart: WaffleMeido

Will work as a quality artist! (Paid only~)

#1 Post by Ryuushiro »

Hello everyone! ;u;
First of all, I need to say that I never put myself for hiring as an artist before, and I'm not sure how much I should ask for payment... I would love any input about how much would you pay for my work. I'm doing this because my family is in need of money, and I'm sure I can be a great artist, so I want to help. I'm really sorry about being so new to this, so please bear with me... m( _ _")m
Really, all help about how the hiring works will be very much appreciated ;A;

Here are two drawings of mine, so you can see a bit of my work:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/ ... 3kc9zv.png
Newest: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/ ... 51hkvu.png
I can also do some realistic style, but anime is my favorite and the one I practice the most.
For more drawings, visit my deviantart:
http://ryuushiro-chan.deviantart.com/

Let's see
- Payment would be done by paypal, I guess
- I can do a great job with sprites and CG, but I'm not very good with bg...
- I would prefer to recieve a small amount of my payment at the first stages of the drawings, as a proof that I'm actually going to be paid when I'm finished. But that can be negociated~
- I'm not very good with smut, please keep that in mind XD
- Any style of VN is fine. I can work for horror and shoujo, for example.
- I'm sorry, but I won't accept working with you if your script/programming isn't even planned out yet. I actually really need the money TT ^ TT So I can't work for a game that might not even be made, you know? I give preference to VN's that are almost done.
- If you are interested, please reply here so I can send you my email~

I'm really really nervous, but...I will work hard to make you satisfied with the illustrations!

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

Re: Will work as a quality artist! (Paid only~)

#2 Post by Zatch »

Hey Ryuushiro. :D
I like what you have so far.. x3 I might need artist because the one I'm hiring is kind of expensive. ^^;; How about you name your price? Is $10-$15 okay amount to you?

Oh yeah.. I don't know if you are interested in superhero stuff so yea... :lol:

Ryuushiro
Regular
Completed: Artist for "Maid With Perfection", Artist for "Love and Romance: a study of intimacy", art for "Sleepier & Sleepier", Backgrounds for "Panzer Hearts", Sketch backgrounds for "Caramel Mokaccino DEMO

#3 Post by Ryuushiro »

Hello~

Oh, thank you! C:
I'm thinking about $13 for each sprite, + $5 for addicional pose, +$1 for addicional expression. But that's just a general idea, since it would be my first job, I don't think I'm in the position to charge too much ^^" Maybe $10 for each CG too.

Oh, superhero is fine~ But in anime or comic style? 'u'

Zatch
Regular

#4 Post by Zatch »

Hey~

Your welcome :D

That would do. I like that better way better than paying $20 for a sprite.. ._. I think we have deal on that one. :D

Do you have skype?

Oh good. I was worry there.. :oops: It will be anime style. >:D I know that anime is your favorite.

Ryuushiro
Regular

#5 Post by Ryuushiro »

Oh, that's great > u <

I don't really have skype, but I have msn. But if you prefer, I can create one asap C:

Ah yes, I work better with anime XD I would love to work with you! If you want my msn email, prefer me to make a skype or just send me a PM with some details, I will be really glad 'u'

Thank you very much~

Zatch
Regular

#6 Post by Zatch »

Nah, you don't have to make one. I can go with msn. :D

I sent you the email with my email address. :D

Ryuushiro
Regular

#7 Post by Ryuushiro »

Alright, I just added you~! > u <

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Showsni »

What are your rules regarding copyright? Do you also give permission for a commissioned piece to be copied (eg in a game)? Does it make a difference if it's for a commercial game or not?

Or do you maybe even sell the copyright to your pieces as well?

Ryuushiro
Regular

#9 Post by Ryuushiro »

Hello, Showsni!

If you comission me a piece, you can use it on a free game, yes. But if it's for a commercial game, I would like to be talked to about it first.
If it's a drawing that you didn't commission from me, like something I drew for myself or someone else, then I would not like it to be passed around > u <

So, summing up, it's pretty much 'Talk to me about the piece before putting it somewhere' I guess, haha.

And always credit, of course. ^^

Ziassan
Veteran

#10 Post by Ziassan »

Ryuushiro wrote:[...] like something I drew for myself or someone else, then I would not like it to be passed around > u <
> So you better should add some slight watermark or logo when you post in public the things you did for comission or for yourself. Like that only the chosen people will have the original ones, I guess people who paid you for a draw wouldn't like to see the thing thrown as it on the internet.
(no need to make it too spoiling the picture like too much people do, though)

Amaryne

#11 Post by Amaryne »

Hello! I'm a bit late but I was sifting through the forums and I found your art and I really like it :) Are you still available for hire?