"Disabled Girls" commercial recruitment

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
sno-dove

"Disabled Girls" commercial recruitment

#1 Post by sno-dove »

Once upon a time, there was a witch who fell in love with a human. The witch, however, had a dark side and enjoyed to kill. But when the human broke her heart, she decided to take his heart. when the human woke up, he was felt he was missing a heart. Doctors told him he was imagining things. But why was he always cold.

"The witch stole my heart!"

No one believed him.

Soon after, he transferred to a school for disability. There he might 5 girls who dark secrets that might help him return to normal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone interested in making a commercial game? I'll do the art. So I would need a erotic writer since there will be hentai scenes, an assistant artist to do some sketches, a musician, and a computer programer. Let's make a game and make a profit. I can't promise you that we might make a profit though. You can drop out anytime but you won't receive any profit.

So basically I need 4 people in my team.

I admit, my art is not all that great but I'm willing to give it my all to make the art look good. And I think I might redraw my sprites because they don't look right.
Last edited by sno-dove on Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#2 Post by monele »

Mhh, I remember this tale about the heart-stealing witch :). Interesting way of reusing it. Also like the idea of a paranormally disabled school ^^. I like the art too. I'm sad we'll have to pay for this though ^^; Eh, free is always better :). Good luck with this though ^^

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#3 Post by Enerccio »

If you are looking for programmer, i can do it ;)
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#4 Post by DrakeNavarone »

It sounds like a really interesting project. I'd be willing to do the writing and can do the programming as well, but I'd like to ask you for a few more details before actually committing to anything...

- Are there any hard deadlines or a time frame for the project? Do you already have an idea on when it should be done?
- How demanding is the project? Is it something where the members would need a lot of free time, or can they work in short bursts whenever they get the chance?
- How much work and thought has already been put into the project? It looks like some work has been done already, but how much is just concepts and sketches, and how much will be put in the actual project?
- What's the scope and size of the game? How many different characters and settings? How many endings? How is branching gonna be done? How long should each branch be?
- What engine will you be using? I assume you're leaning towards Ren'Py since you are posting in these forums, but I guess it can't hurt to confirm it...
- How much is the final product gonna cost? And have you thought about means of distribution yet?

And any other details you can think of... You might not have answers for all these questions, after all it's still early in the development stage, but I'd appreciate it if you could answer as many as you can, and I'm sure it'll help others who are interested in deciding on offering their help.

I do wish you good luck on your project, and will eagerly await how it turns out, even if it means paying to do so. It'll definitely be interesting to see how well it sells once it's done.

Keitsu Han'ei
Regular

#5 Post by Keitsu Han'ei »

i wouldn't mind joining as an assistant artist...

and i also would like to know the same as DrakeNavarone

sno-dove

#6 Post by sno-dove »

There's . Every week for updates sounds reasonable. I prefer quality over quantity. Plus, I want a writer who would enjoy writing it rather than rushing it for a deadline.

I don't have an idea when it should be done. Maybe 2-3 years. Depends how fast I can draw. I can't solely rely just on the writer. It takes both.

I take my time when it comes to drawing so you can take your time as well, but we should do as much as we can to finish it.

The game should at least have around 12,000 pages of text.

There's five main characters. The setting takes place in Japan. Every once and a while he revisits his old town because of friends. Think of it as he lives in a town of disability vs his old town of normal people.

There are two endings for each girls. Also, there are lots of bad endings where the character gets killed a lot.

The plot is like you meet a girl only to find out that the witch may be living here and it connects with the girls somehow. Then you replay the game, anc by choosing a different a girl, it retells the story but add some to the missing pieces.

I don't know how to use ay program. I'm just an artist.

The final production should be like $10. The pay wouldn't be good for the people involved but it's something to compensate them for using their free time. I don't want to sound greedy but we all need money to support our bills.I haven't thought of means of distribution. It would help if someone could help and do something like that.

It's going to be a commercial game but it wouldn't be fair to the lemmasoft community since I love you guys.hahahahha
Just don't distribute it is all I ask.

Hopefully, you guys can give this project some suggestion to make it better.

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#7 Post by Counter Arts »

Hey, if you want a writer then I would like to help. Sure, I have my own projects but there are various things that prevent me from really doing stuff. (Like being in Japan for the next 4 months).

And don't worry, I won't write anything about "Soaring" things.

12000 pages of text? Hmm... I've written a fanfic before with about 12K words. Or was is 36K? I can't remember.

Also, I can write to optimize resources too. That means maxing out content and immersive storyline while minimizing actual work.

Also! Tell which story structure are you aiming for! Also! Have you decided the personality of the characters or will I have to do that?

EDIT: Also! (I like the word "also") My qualifications for writing erotica are I am a romantic and my minor... starts with s and rhymes with tex.

Mirielle
Regular
Deviantart: miirne
Soundcloud: mirne-1

#8 Post by Mirielle »

If you ever decide to put in voice acting, just ask.
Available for voice acting - Please listen to my demo reel!

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#9 Post by Counter Arts »

Umm... there are some "scenes". Are you sure?

Keitsu Han'ei
Regular

#10 Post by Keitsu Han'ei »

well! this sounds like a good training and exposure for me and a wee bit of money.

showing some work once a week sounds really good as well.

but a question, what's the payment ratio between us?

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#11 Post by Enerccio »

Keitsu Han'ei wrote:well! this sounds like a good training and exposure for me and a wee bit of money.

this should be argued when we gather team together.
As for selling my opinion is this: http://bmtmicro.com/

you can sell electronicaly or cd with no extra fee (they pay for cd version)
no charges for account
you can set percenatge for all developers so they all get share of money
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

sno-dove

#12 Post by sno-dove »

Keitsu Han'ei wrote:well! this sounds like a good training and exposure for me and a wee bit of money.

Assistant artist meaning just sketches and I use them for references.

How much percentage do you think you should have?

Keitsu Han'ei
Regular

#13 Post by Keitsu Han'ei »

in my humble *bitchslaps self* opinion...

since you need computer programmer, musician, erotic writer and assistant artist... not forgetting you as the initial project manager AND artist AND in charge of the selling...

the ratio should be

you
= based on idea, concept, responsibility to keep everything going, main artist, marketing manager

programmer
= based on time frame/research/knowledge/experience

musician / assistant artist
= based on originality/time frame/research
= doing sketches and seeing if scene works and such but damn lot of work

erotic writer
= only doing the erotic sections... i highly doubt the entire show is going to be thorough boinking each other senseless

so.... out of 100...

30:20:18:18:14

... i dunno... argue with me!!!
DA Page me anytime for job offers *_*

Keitsu Han'ei
Regular

#14 Post by Keitsu Han'ei »

warning to everyone... i think i may be as frank as sno-dove, but i really... meant no harm.

using as references as in? redrawing? colouring over? or just for look? as a storyboard?

plainly out of curiosity.

because based on my understanding, assistant artist assist main artist through sketches and adjustments of details, pretty much work hand in hand.

please tell me your ratio version ^^;
DA Page me anytime for job offers *_*

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#15 Post by DaFool »

Based on the title, I thought I was seeing 4-chan's Zettai Shoujo project, for similar theme of disabled girls.

Anyway, best of luck, since you'll need a lot of planning.

It would be nice to help out, but weekly updates is too much for me.