Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward [999 Sequel!]

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Re: Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die [999 Sequel!]

#31 Post by teacup »

CheeryMoya wrote:A quick Google search has brought up nothing on a bonus item if you do order it early, but who cares? The game by itself is enough of a bonus for me :lol:
The bonus item has been confirmed by Aksys. It will be another replica of the in-game bracelets. Now I'm really excited, since I missed out on the watch last time! 8)
Here's your proof. BTW, the watch in that pic may not be the actual watch that comes with the game.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward [999 Sequel!]

#32 Post by CheeryMoya »

teacup wrote:
CheeryMoya wrote:A quick Google search has brought up nothing on a bonus item if you do order it early, but who cares? The game by itself is enough of a bonus for me :lol:
The bonus item has been confirmed by Aksys. It will be another replica of the in-game bracelets. Now I'm really excited, since I missed out on the watch last time! 8)
Here's your proof. BTW, the watch in that pic may not be the actual watch that comes with the game.
(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
Another reason to scream silently as my dad buys yet another Nintendo game that we'll never get around to playing anytime soon. We have so many games that we haven't even opened... and the ones I want to play I don't have ;A;

And my sister didn't say anything when I showed her the bracelet, just said they had them the first time around. Excuse me as I cry some more.

nottiebutt
Regular

#33 Post by nottiebutt »

I,,, I'm just going to hide in a corner.
All you Americans can tell me how fun it is until they maybe maybe release a european version,,
(c'mon I'm a poor ass kid and I just brought a psp and a 3ds I ca't afford an imported 3ds or psvite as well)
(ninty you suck)
(yet I still love you,,,)

TenshiEffect

#34 Post by TenshiEffect »

You can get the preorder watch by ordering from Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Zero-Escape-Virtu ... B009APQ9QU
nottiebutt wrote:I,,, I'm just going to hide in a corner.
All you Americans can tell me how fun it is until they maybe maybe release a european version
Actually, Rising Star Games is releasing it in Europe. :D
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward Headed To Europe Courtesy Of Rising Star

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#35 Post by teacup »

With the game being out now, does anyone have it yet?
Mine is scheduled to arrive from Amazon on Monday. Of course I get jealous when I see other people who have it already, and I'm forcing myself to avoid Gamestop so that I won't be tempted to buy it again, lol. Well, I managed to nab one of the watches so hopefully it will be worth the wait~
I'm planning to show you guys the watch and stuff when it arrives.
Until then, I'm interested in hearing what you guys think if you've played it yet! My friends who have played the Japanese version already say it's an excellent game, but I've avoided spoilers like the plague so that's all I know!

DeeKay
Veteran

#36 Post by DeeKay »

Urgh ! Gotta resist the urge ! I really want to get it !
I will ignore this impulse of mine for now ! Well... mainly because I have no 3DS or Vita (yet) so... yeah...
teacup wrote:Well, I managed to nab one of the watches so hopefully it will be worth the wait~
I'm planning to show you guys the watch and stuff when it arrives.
Oh, awesome !
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

Stripe
Regular
Projects: secret!

#37 Post by Stripe »

Ahhhhh it's not out for another three weeks here! ; v ; I can't waiiiit, I really want to play it *__*

Amorphous
Regular
Completed: Recording the Predestined Time
Tumblr: beastamorphous
Github: dmliao
Soundcloud: a_morphous
itch: amorphous

#38 Post by Amorphous »

Wait, is this game out in America? I thought it was released earlier, but I haven't found it at any of the GameStops I've been to, and they keep saying that the release date is undetermined. :/

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#39 Post by teacup »

@Amorphous
It came out in North America last Wednesday. Unfortunately though, it's a very rare game already. Some of my friends said their local Gamestop only received one copy!
I would recommend you ask the people at your Gamestop if they have it, because I've also heard that the games are being kept in a box and not actually put out on display... or if they don't have it there, you might have to order it online. OR alternatively use Gamestop's handy game-locator online to see if any Gamestops in your area are carrying it.
Anyway, my game came early :D I have a lot of tests to study for so I didn't get to play it much yet, though...
Oh, and here's a picture of the watch. Mine has red LED display, just what I wanted ^_^

DeeKay
Veteran

#40 Post by DeeKay »

teacup wrote:Oh, and here's a picture of the watch. Mine has red LED display, just what I wanted ^_^

Sweetness ! :)

Dang, makes me wish I'd gone through the trouble of getting it but oh well... ^^'
-- No longer active --
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#41 Post by DaFool »

I've been playing this for research purposes (and also because, well, it's actually good -- considering I started multiple games on my new 3DS and this game was the one I ended up concentrating on).

The 3D models don't look too bad on the small 3D screen - the little animations help you forget you're playing a VN. I'm thinking even during the puzzle sequences with some fake 3D filmstrips it is entirely possible to recreate the core logic of this game with renpy and filmstrip animations.

For a game, it's very wordy, but for a VN, it's textcount is surprisingly short. I haven't finished all the endings yet (I've been trying to ace the puzzles in HARD mode without strategy guide), but AFAIK Adrift seems to have longer textcount than this. I was pleasantly surprised how short the scenes were. Most of the gametime has been consumed during the puzzle sequences.

Oh, and NEVER save during the puzzle sequences or your one and only save file will get corrupted. Especially in the annoyingly long 2-story PEC room. Only save during novel sequences, preferably when the conversation takes place outside of a puzzle room.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#42 Post by teacup »

The save bug occurs on Vita as well, but from what I heard it doesn't cause save corruption there.
My game actually did crash in the PEC room. Thank goodness I saved just before it.
Anyway, this game was clearly made with a sequel in mind. On one hand, it's great to know there will be a third in the series. On the other, it makes the ambiguous ending of this one very unsatisfying :/
All in all I think 999 is the better game. Better story, better graphics (those 3D models look incredibly bland, especially in the stills), better tense atmosphere. But VLR is still worth playing. It's more of a 'game' than 999 was, in that you get to interact with it a lot more. And I loved the puzzles. Many of them were challenging :)

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#43 Post by 15385bic »

my game hasnt crashed yet but there does seem to be some need for grammar and proofreading?!

this game is super hard - the passwords were a pain in the rear, although i did like the block puzzels

also agree with the fact that 2d sprites are so much better looking
999 was much better

still quite an interesting game though

DeeKay
Veteran

#44 Post by DeeKay »

Alright, finished it at last ! I didn't have any save issue on the Vita version. For some reason, the European version has no English voices, not that I mind though.

Anyway, it's pretty nice but I'll have to agree with Teacup-chan and 15385bic, 999 was better in that I had a better feeling of fulfillment than VLR. Don't get me wrong, it's still a very good story and the puzzles were great but I don't get same kind of feeling as its predecessor. It probably has to do with the fact that it paves the way to the third installment in the series.
-- No longer active --