Does anyone miss Final Fantasy?

For the rest of your otaku life.
dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

Re: Does anyone miss Final Fantasy?

#61 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

well, for me the best overall from the graphics standpoint remains the VIII; (yes, I take into account the hardware in assessing tech merits) and also I consider VIII having the second-best plot (the best being, sorry for the differing opinion, XIII-2)

and, I personally suspect that XIII versus actually is the "public codename" for the XV; but overall, the current major RPG franchise scene is influenced by the uncertaines about the next-gen (XIII being botched mainly because of the gen passage, and the console war around) and after the mess caused mainly by the $ony, the publishers are starting to look around for viable (and profitable) alternatives (c'mon, the main issue is that the market model of console gaming is really obsolescent; the publisher and devs are compressed between the royalties and dev costs....)

But I digress, Square-enix is one of the main dev and publisher and their dev costs are rather high, and this is reflected in the overall quality of their works.

HTH the debate, and
Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Pencey
Regular

Re: Does anyone miss Final Fantasy?

#62 Post by Pencey »

Loved the stories, but not the battle system (for the PS1 ones anyway). Gets a bit boring after a while to be honest... I loved XII, but I didn't bother with XIII :/