Siren's Plea [GxB] [Romance, Tragedy, Fantasy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
erikoillustrations
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie | GILDA
Organization: Pineapple Harem
Tumblr: erikoillustrations

Siren's Plea [GxB] [Romance, Tragedy, Fantasy]

#1 Post by erikoillustrations »

♔ Updates:

The current status of the demo (as of November 22, 2017):
Common Route: 100%
Adonis: 100%
Samuel: 50%
Leon: 0%
Update on April 26, 2017 -
So this project has been on hiatus for 2 years now since the original writer has bowed out of this project due to personal matters and real life commitments. There were many attempts to hire another writer but my heart was not completely committed on working on this project. Not only that, it's been really hectic in my personal life. I have changed jobs 6 times in the past few years and I have been battling with a few personal issues. Not only that, I have moved two times the past few years so that took a toll on my time as well.

Anyway, as of today, I have finally decided to pick up this project once again as I have a more concrete plan on the story and I have more...motivation to finally work on this. I will have to commit writing down the story and then hiring an editor. The art will have to come much later. As my art has improved, all the sprites will have to be redrawn. I'm thinking of changing the GUI again but that will require more expenses for me. Right now, I am still using the GUI Anne has kindly made but I would like to change the game dimensions to 1200 x 720 rather than the 1024x768. I'm already in the process of buying backgrounds from someone. Of course, I am spending my own pocket money so this will go slowly for me as well.

At any rate, I apologize for disappearing. If any of you want to support me, I am open for commissions. I will be using the money to fund the rest of the graphics and art :)
Edited on June 25, 2015 - Project is currently on hiatus due to writer taking a break.
Edited on January 25, 2015 - This project is still alive but progress is going really slow. Here's the progress of the script for the demo:
Prologue - DONE
Act 1 - 75% done
Act 2 - 25% done
Act 3 - 0% done
Edited on November 10, 2014 - Character profiles posted.
Edited on June 26, 2014 - Poster posted and all Love Interests are revealed!
Edited on March 4, 2014 - Main menu finalized.
Edited on February 25, 2014 - WIP CG added! Background by [ Link ]
Edited on October 21, 2013 - Logo added! Done by [ Anne ]
Edited on September, 7 2013 - Characters renamed. Website for Siren's Plea set up here: http://pineappleharem.tumblr.com/sirens_plea
Edited on August 2, 2013 - Plot is finalized. Working on script and drawings now.

♔ Synopsis:
"For many centuries, sirens and humans have been at war with each other. It isn’t until the year Fienne 18:20 that the rulers for both races have agreed for a peace treaty to end the constant wars. To prove this allegiance, the current heir to the Eutropian throne, Prince Samuel Basilicus, is to marry the human princess, Princess Arianna Clarus. However, on the day of the wedding, the prince’s fiancée is found dead. All of a sudden, chaos starts once again as both kingdoms ready each other for another war.

Lila Caelum, a Eutropian noble, is all of a sudden thrown in amidst this chaos as she soon finds out later that her life is in danger. Will she be able to avoid death and find happiness in this accursed life?
"

Siren’s plea is a free non-commercial visual novel game that focuses on the choices the player chooses throughout the whole game. There are three romanceable characters to choose from plus a secret character.
♔ Genre: Otome Game (GxB), Romance, Tragedy, Fantasy, Visual Novel

♔ Rating: T (minor blood and violence; mild adult situations)

♔ DEMO Release Date: 2015
♔ Characters:
► Main Character:

Since photobucket has screwed everyone over...will provide pics at a later time.

► Love Interests:

Since photobucket has screwed everyone over...will provide pics at a later time.

♔ More characters will be added later on ♔
♔ Features:
► 3 love interests + 1 secret character
► 7 endings + 1 unlockable ending

♔ Progress - DEMO:
► Outline 100%
► Story 100%
► Script 50%
► Sprites 10%
► CGs 30%
► Programming 10%
► Music 100%
► GUI 100% (Courtesy of Anne c:)

♔ Synopsis:
♔ Screenshots (WIP):
TBA
Last edited by erikoillustrations on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 66 times in total.

latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

Re: Siren's Plea [GxB] [Otome, Romance, Angst, Fantasy]

#2 Post by latte »

Talk about pretty art! The concept looks really promising too, this is the first mermaid/siren game to hold my interest. Can't wait for pics of the love interests >///<

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by 15385bic »

agrees with latte - the concept sounds interesting and omg - i love the art so far X]

erikoillustrations
Regular

#4 Post by erikoillustrations »

latte wrote:Talk about pretty art! The concept looks really promising too, this is the first mermaid/siren game to hold my interest. Can't wait for pics of the love interests >///<
Concept art will be a breeze. The game sprites and backgrounds would be the worst part. Thanks~! I think my art is so-so but I'm glad someone finds it pleasing to the eyes.

erikoillustrations
Regular

#5 Post by erikoillustrations »

15385bic wrote:agrees with latte - the concept sounds interesting and omg - i love the art so far X]
Thank you! I will definitely post more art soon once I am not too busy with school or work.
Last edited by erikoillustrations on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Apsiring Writer

#6 Post by Apsiring Writer »

Hello,

I loved the art. Also, the plot looks interesting. Looking forward to hear more from you.

paronomasia

#7 Post by paronomasia »

Your art is gorgeous.

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#8 Post by AshenhartKrie »

Oh my, your art is gorgeous.
A siren hunter? Hehehe he may be the first I romance. XD
I like the sound and look of this. If you need a proofreader, hit me up.
needs to stop offering to do that. Has enough schoolwork and VN work of her own.....

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#9 Post by Ran08 »

Love the art. <3 And this looks really good too! I like the concept. ^_^ Will be looking forward to this!

erikoillustrations
Regular

#10 Post by erikoillustrations »

Apsiring Writer wrote:Hello,

I loved the art. Also, the plot looks interesting. Looking forward to hear more from you.
Thank you. I'm glad you're interested with the plot so far. I am, for sure, going to make changes in the future seeing as the plot isn't finalized yet. The outline, however, is finalized as well as the endings (though they are subject to change depending on how the plot goes).
paronomasia wrote:Your art is gorgeous.
Thanks~!
AshenhartKrie wrote:Oh my, your art is gorgeous.
needs to stop offering to do that. Has enough schoolwork and VN work of her own.....
Ahaha! My friend said the same thing, especially when she saw Adonis' character design. I'll take you up for that offer, thank you c:

Ran08 wrote:Love the art. <3 And this looks really good too! I like the concept. ^_^ Will be looking forward to this!
Thank you so much!

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#11 Post by AshenhartKrie »

aRLegOdDesS wrote:
Ahaha! My friend said the same thing, especially when she saw Adonis' character design. I'll take you up for that offer, thank you c:

^_^ Just drop us a PM whenever. Well, me.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

erikoillustrations
Regular

#12 Post by erikoillustrations »

AshenhartKrie wrote:
aRLegOdDesS wrote:

^_^ Just drop us a PM whenever. Well, me.
I will c:

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#13 Post by Ran08 »

Adonis doesn't look cold and aloof. He looks so cute and charming. :3 Teehee. Will there be a demo?

erikoillustrations
Regular

#14 Post by erikoillustrations »

Ran08 wrote:Adonis doesn't look cold and aloof. He looks so cute and charming. :3 Teehee. Will there be a demo?
This was one of the earlier sketches of him and I was experimenting with emotions and this came out. It shows his weak and gullible side.I think it's just the sadistic side of mine that wants to see the helpless look. LMFAO I'm working on his sprite right now anyway, and it sure will show his aloof personality. I'll have to put this project on hold, however, because I got commissioned to draw art for another game. I'm still looking for someone to provide me music, but since I'm not willing to pay cash for it (I'm in college and barely working at my workplace) it'll be a challenge. Since I'm lacking experience with programming Ren'py, a demo will likely take a while. But yes, there will be a demo. c:
Current Project: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie
[Art Commission Status: OPEN]

BroAesthetic
Projects: Culina: Spirit of Cooking (Writer)

#15 Post by BroAesthetic »

I'm the editor for Siren's Plea (recently hopped on-board). It's looking good so far, not going to lie. Stay tuned =)
My Current Roles
Culina: Spirit of Cooking (Writer)