Offering Writing Services for Free!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Apsiring Writer

Offering Writing Services for Free!

#1 Post by Apsiring Writer »

I'm willing to offer my writing service to anyone who needs it. Writing is probably one of the things that I'm good at. I don't have any objections to the different genres of writing.

Here is an example of my writing:

"Katie, I pay a great deal of respect for Mr. Knight. I'm sure whatever your dad has to talk to you about isn't that bad," James reassured me, a genuine smile on his face. Clicking sounds of the keyboard continued as his attention was focused directly on his laptop.

"James, I'm just nervous. What if he suggests something harsh, like moving again to another country? For once, I thought that maybe, just maybe, my dad wouldn't send me to anywhere like Russia, Japan or France! I was hoping to stay home, spending time with dad and you." A slight smile hovered over my lips at the thought, "It's been ages since we saw each other."

"Your father is a very generous man. Don't worry about it." James responded, noting how I tucked my blouse into my skirt, appearing like a woman straight out of the twentieth century.

"Thanks, I feel better. Spending time with dad has been rubbing off on you." I laughed, elbowing him, "When we were kids, you used to be such a different person! Now you've changed into this responsible young man whom I admire so much. The Diamond family name is all that matters to you, right?" I questioned, continuing once he nodded in agreement,

"I don't understand it. You're the leader and yet the youngest member of the branch! Burdens like these shouldn't be on your shoulders. You're only twenty and should be living life to the fullest instead of cooped up with such responsibility. Most guys your age are jerks who only aim for the best things in life."

"Katie," He chuckled, "I'm not like most guys. I've no time for fun or games whatsoever. Being the leader of the Diamond's family involves time and commitment. I can't let them down." He sounded like an old man. Switching off the laptop, James shifted to my side.

"Seriously, we need to spend more time together! Remember those times we had when we were younger?" I asked, searching his hazel eyes.

"Of course. But that's when we were younger. Everything changes as maturity hits, and responsibility takes over. Come on, let's go."

We traveled down a dimly lit hallway until we reached the office corridor. James slid the door open, entering after he shot me a small smile. At the noise of our intrusion, my father looked up from his chaotic desk, piles of paper stocked behind his leather chair. Despite the hope that computers would limit excess paper, they remained and crowded the study.

Being a wealthy man, financial pressure made our family fall apart. Hardly spending quality time on a casual basis, it was ludicrous to assume that a family vacation lay in my future. The last time we spoke was on my birthday six months ago.

"Katie, come in." My dad rested his pen, not aware that ink now smeared his document, "James, this involves you too. Have a seat." Allowing time for us to situate ourselves on twin lounge chairs, my father knotted his knuckles before heaving,

"The reason why I called you both was to inform you of the current situation we face. I intend to tell you and your future spouse something very important once he is sitting there." A thick finger indicated an empty chair beside me. Continuing, he explained his grand vision,

"As you are the future heiress, this regards the Knight's empire. I have chosen three specific men for you to marry. They are unconscious that I have selected them and I will not tell you who they are either. You will know when you meet them." He suddenly wafted a palm in the air, "They…have a certain aroma about them-"

"I thought that Kendall would become the heir. He is the oldest after all." My interjection was reluctant, nothing revealing my discomfort besides the nervous tapping of my fingers, "What if I disagree with this?"

Arising, my father clasped his hands behind his neck, circling the desk in an almost nonchalant manner,
"Kendall made it clear that he wants nothing to do with the family business. He left, opting to pursue a career in hockey. Your mother and I have planned this course ever since you were a little girl."

"So…you just disowned him?" I cocked my eyebrows, resentment at the injustice brimming to explode, "All because Kendall wanted to live a normal life and fulfill his dreams? "

"I never disowned your brother. He's the one that don't want to see me. Kendall blamed me for your mother's death." At this he exhaled, calmly stating, "He holds me responsible."

Rounding the obtruding furniture, he turned his focus onto my silent companion, "James, I want you to look after Katie until she has found that guy."

"Sir, I will do it," James answered stiffly, his eyes dark and cold, containing no visible emotion.

"I knew that I could count on you. Katie, what's your answer?"

"I guess I have no choice." Inwardly raging, I restrained the storm boiling within my mind and responded more maturely, "I'll do it. But how will I know who these guys are?"

Courage was not present in my heart, I was not confident enough to refuse my father's offer. I always obeyed. Every time, I granted his wishes with no complaint. I would always listen with no sense of rebellion. I was incapable of refusal.

Watching the birds twitter on low hanging beams splayed against the screen of my father's office, James sat in contemplation. The happy boy that I knew had never cared about anything other than the enjoyment of life. The man before me was a complete stranger. I truly knew nothing about him for he always had kept to himself. James Diamond remained mysterious and impenetrable.

Still, I noticed a change-a shift of emotion which felt wrong from the start. His gaze was like stone, a trait that I disarmingly realized was deeply attractive. A desire to know more about him had been stirred. Mentally, I committed to someday connect with him. That was what best friends were meant for.

"Once you set your eyes on them, you'll know." His upturned smile left me disgruntled and equally confused as I was abruptly dismissed, "You can leave now."

Being the obedient child that I was, I instantly paid my respects, accepted my father's wish and left without hesitation. Following suit, James arose and prepared to leave however his exit was barred,

"James, I never said that you could leave. Are you wondering why I didn't choose you to be one of her potential suitors?" At his inquisitive gaze, James swallowed and looked down wordlessly. Noticing the young man's resistant nature, Mr. Knight explained,
"You put your family above all. Typically, that is a very noble and admirable trait. However, that makes you a liability. You would not be able to protect my girl in the way she deserves. Your familial ties are too tight."

Cutting off an emerging protest, Mr. Knight's hardened features brightened, "You are a nice guy; I would not have hired you if I perceived you as a threat. In the meantime, protect Katie. Think of it as an adventure."

"Yes sir." The tall brunette bent at the waist, dutifully bowing.

"And James," Mr. Knight drawled, eyes twinkling as if enjoying a secret joke, "Lighten up."

Unable to remain poised, James glanced up, a warm smile settling onto a once scowled face,

"I will do my best to keep her safe." Mr. Knight nodded, returning to a formal demeanor.

"That's all."

Have a pleasant day. PM me if interested.
Last edited by Apsiring Writer on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Misfile
Regular
Projects: Enjolras
Organization: Drunken Ferret Studios

Re: Writer for Free!

#2 Post by Misfile »

Just a thought but you may want to tell people what genres you're interested in writing. Or should we take it that there are no limits to that which you will write?

Apsiring Writer

Re: Writer for Free!

#3 Post by Apsiring Writer »

Misfile wrote:Just a thought but you may want to tell people what genres you're interested in writing. Or should we take it that there are no limits to that which you will write?
I don't have any genres that I prefer over others. So you guess correctly.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

Re: Offering Writing Services for Free!

#4 Post by Kato »

Ohh fun. I have a smaller, albeit CG heavy, KN sitting on the back burner waiting for a writer that you might be interested in. It's heavily psychological and involves mostly the use of dialogue and internal monologue (the MC has fear induced schizophrenia). If it sounds like your cup of tea ill PM you the info.
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds