Elven Relations - v1.1 released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

Elven Relations - v1.1 released!

#1 Post by chronoluminaire »

Elven Relations is finished! The game I started in August 2003, which languished unfinished for almost four years with minimal progress being made, has finally been completed, thanks to NaNoRenO 2007!

Plot: Takuya is a swordsman in the Royal Army of the Kingdom of Reachfar, who is sent on a unique mission into the Endless Forest to establish displomatic relations with the elven people. Could there be love awaiting him in the depths of the Elvenglade?

It's a romantic fantasy story split into 6 anime-style episodes, and features 3 winnable characters, 45000 words of dialogue, 15 event/ending CGs and 8 endings.

It has a small webpage here.
Download version 1.1.2 here: (each distribution is around 83 megabytes)
Windows / Linux x86 / Mac
There's a silent version available also, for those who're bandwidth-conscious or play without sound.

In addition, I'd love for the game to be hosted on the Ren'Ai Archives. The creator is chronoluminaire/Alex Churchill. You're welcome to use either of the attached screenshots.

New in version 1.1 are:
Choice of RPG-style minigame combats or narrated combats (settable in preferences)
CG gallery
More ending CGs; a couple more character images
When choices are made randomly for you, it's a lot clearer that's what's happening (and it doesn't block rollback)
Some text reworked to be clearer
One new piece of music, plus one rerecorded piece of music
Omake, including optional tips based on which endings you've seen

Version 1.1.1 fixes a bug which caused a crash if you made a certain choice in narrated-combat mode; and version 1.1.2 fixes the bug that Ignosco found in certain sequences of actions in the combat engine.

Also, there are now seven desktop backgrounds (wallpapers) available for download! They're accessible from the webpage as well.
Attachments
Tohko, Asilana and Yurika in the elven City in the Trees
Tohko, Asilana and Yurika in the elven City in the Trees
Asilana and Kei in a banquet hall
Asilana and Kei in a banquet hall
Last edited by chronoluminaire on Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 17 times in total.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#2 Post by papillon »

Now we must frantically hit the reload button waiting for content to appear! :)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by DaFool »

Can you get a VisualNews mirror? I was so excited to play this, I went to an internet cafe to try to get it faster, but its still in bytes/sec.

But anyways, congratulations!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by monele »

Now that's neat costumes!... And yet another released game! omg... I'm overwhelmed ^^.
Well... downloading... slowly... :)

mokenju1
Regular

#5 Post by mokenju1 »

Congratulations :wink: .

I love the game, although I'm frustrated because I haven't achieved Yurika's good ending :cry: . The cgs add a lot to the story and I was actually clapping with Asilana's good ending. It really felt like a fairy tale :D . It's a beautiful story but I would have enjoyed it still more if there had been more problems along the way (I love watching the main characters suffer :twisted: ), something like...
Someone was working in the dark against the friendship between elves and humans. With Makoto or even Alisana being evil double agents. Or Yurika trying to kill Asilana because she as a soldier wants a war with the elves (but doing it in fact because she is in love and is jelous of her 8) ). Or something more complex like a complot to kill the king who wants the peace, because someone wants to take profit of the inexistent trade between the factions... I'm tempted to write a story about that just now :lol: . It's dangerous to let the mind fly too much :roll: ...

And the endings of each chapter are great. I actually had the feeling of listening to the characters (and in japanese :lol: ). Hmmm... I have seen too much subbed anime :roll: .
Finished Projects: "Host Love", "The Silent Maiden", "The Worthy Bride" and "The Wandering Child"
Currently working on: "The Smiling Lady", "The intruder","Cassandra's Knight" and "Cinderella's choice"
Unfinished Projects: "Dear Friend, Secret Lover"

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#6 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Looks so cool! Can't wait until I can download it. XD

*is on pins and needles*

Misuzu
Regular

#7 Post by Misuzu »

Let me fix this hosting problem issue right now >.>;;

In about an hour and 30 minutes, I'll have the windows one available. If chronoluminaire sees this before I get the windows one up, can he give me a message via one of my instant message services (there on my profile page)? I could use a password to feed to wget to speed up this process...

Misuzu
Regular

#8 Post by Misuzu »

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by musical74 »

AIEEEE! 92 MB on a dialup....<shudder shudder>

Gonna have to DL this over a few days I think....otherwise it will take close to 8 hours :shock: to DL....but I gotta play it, given how the graphics look....
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Misuzu
Regular

#10 Post by Misuzu »

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#11 Post by papillon »

(Is my computer just going crazy? I seem to be having a lot of repeat-input problems with this game, and I don't remember Ren'Py doing that before, at least not enough to make me eye it suspiciously. Clicking to advance and seeing multiple lines flash instantly by, or pressing spacebar to go forward and have it clear through a dialog line and instantly select a choice off the list of options I hadn't even seen yet...)

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#12 Post by kara24601 »

Woohoo! I can't wait for a link to a windows zip / self-installer.

I'm looking forward to playing this game.

Misuzu
Regular

#13 Post by Misuzu »

Uh... the windows installer was posted five posts ago by me... >.>;;

And with that, I present to you the Mac installer:
http://downloads.visualnews.net/oel/Elv ... .0-mac.zip

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#14 Post by PyTom »

papillon wrote: or pressing spacebar to go forward and have it clear through a dialog line and instantly select a choice off the list of options I hadn't even seen yet...
That's odd, since spacebar should never select a choice. (Only enter selects choices.)

You don't have any sort of joystick emulation set up, do you? (The joystick option on the preferences menu should be unselectable if you don't have a joystick plugged in.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#15 Post by papillon »

Nope, I can't select joystick on the preferences.

I'm pretty sure I was pressing spacebar and not enter at the time, it was during the
banquet, when I assume it was asking me who I wanted to talk to or dance with. I would briefly see a flicker like there had been a list of choices but they didn't exist long enough for me to read them.