Zefii - A Transcendent Journey [Romance/Adventure] UPDATE!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
animedaisuki
Regular
Completed: Zefii Beta 1.0
Projects: Zefii - A Transcendent Journey
Organization: Balibu Studios

Zefii - A Transcendent Journey [Romance/Adventure] UPDATE!

#1 Post by animedaisuki »

First, please accept my apology for the delay of the release. It was not easy to make a game with so little resources. If I had time, I would go back and fix all the earlier drawings. And, if I could go back in time, I would have taken some CS classes in college. There may be some bugs. If you can't proceed, I highly suggest you to take a look at the FAQ page on our website. Also, unfortunately, I have a lot of work right now, so please note that I only check my private messages and posts once a week. That said, don't hesitate to write your thoughts or send me private messages if you are stuck or you encountered a bug or error in the game. I will fix those in the full version of the game. Thank you!

I have fixed the bugs that players have told me in the past day. New download link is available on the website now. Enjoy!

I recommend you to play it in full screen. Some of the objects may be hard to see when you play it in a small window.

Important
Some people have reported to me that the instructions are not very clear when you run out of energy. When it says "you need to wait for 60 minutes" after you failed to solve the puzzle, you can either restart the game, or leave the game window in the background and go back to it after 60 minutes.

A Note on the Puzzles
So you hate waiting for 60 minutes to continue the game, and you hate starting all over again just because you ran out of energy. What should you do? Solve the puzzles! Some people have told me that the puzzles are too hard. I have updated all the hints. All puzzles should be solvable now.

Walkthrough
The official walkthrough of the game will begin to be uploaded onto the game site starting this weekend. Please understand that I am currently at a law school, so I will not be able to write up the entire walkthrough in one weekend. In general, a new part of the walkthrough will be uploaded each week. The walkthrough will include the locations of all the hidden items, hints, as well as strategies to reach all 6 different endings.

The complete walkthrough is now available on the game website!

Zefii
Zefii
game icon.jpg (25.93 KiB) Viewed 11878 times
About the Game

Zefii is a highly interactive visual novel. The game begins when the player wake up on his desk and feels something odd about his room. He soon discovers a secret passage, which leads to a hidden underground palace. During his time in the palace, the player meets a variety of characters, one of them is Zefii, the player's target in the game. He gradually uncovers memories from his past life and eventually travels to the Demon Realm to find Zefii. Together, the two of them enter a brand new world: will it be heaven or the beginning of a nightmare?

Features
- 2 Major routes
- 6 Endings, each one revealing a different secret about the characters
- Receive and reply to phone calls from Zefii
- Type in your OWN answers when you reply to Zefii's phone calls
- Original sound tracks and theme songs (not including sound effects, which are from iMovie)
- Full version available in 4 different languages: English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
- Beta version available in English only
- All versions are completely FREE!

About Balibu Studios

Check out our website: http://balibu.weebly.com/index.html

Website
http://balibu.weebly.com/games.html

YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnimeForAni ... ture=watch

Support us! Start helping us to build up our fan base by subscribing to our channel on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/AnimeForAni ... ture=watch and liking us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BalibuStudios
Last edited by animedaisuki on Mon May 09, 2016 5:08 am, edited 30 times in total.

Armee
Veteran

Re: Zefii - A Transcendent Journey

#2 Post by Armee »

Woot! Yeah! Finally!
Downloading Now~ I'm going to make a review for this~

animedaisuki
Regular

#3 Post by animedaisuki »

argh, just realized that my dropbox public folder got suspended bc of excessive traffic... i'll figure something out. i'm so sorry! i'll update you guys on this asap

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#4 Post by merdeamour »

Oh man, sounds amazing. Hope you could figure out a way to solve the problem of your folder's suspension (:
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#5 Post by Donmai »

You can post your game here as an attachment to the first post of this thread.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

animedaisuki
Regular

#6 Post by animedaisuki »

Thanks! I'm trying to upload it to the official renpy game list site. Still uploading. hope it works out. if it doesn't, i'll attach it here.

animedaisuki
Regular

#7 Post by animedaisuki »

Ok just uploaded my game on the official renpy game site. the link is on the game website now (just go to the download page). however, the screenshots on the renpy site are somehow messed up? i put 3 screenshots there and only 1 turned out to be from my game, the other 2 somehow ended up as some random game screenshots...

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#8 Post by Anne »

Hmm, ended with an error when I tried to leave my bedroom

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1419, in script
IOError: Couldn't find file 'underground palace.wav.'.

Also noticed other strange things
like you can take the book from the bookcase over and over again or when you find a gemstone next time you come to the location you have to click the same spot to get "there is nothing here" message, only then you can leave. Not mentioning that spots you have to click are really random - took me forever to follow Reika into the bedroom

animedaisuki
Regular

#9 Post by animedaisuki »

that's odd... the file should be there. what other things did u notice? also, are you using a mac or pc? i coded the game on pc... not sure how it will work on mac

animedaisuki
Regular

#10 Post by animedaisuki »

also, this is not a typical visual novel. you have to click on certain images to proceed sometimes.

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#11 Post by Anne »

PC. Other things I have under spoiler tag - select the white area in my previous post

animedaisuki
Regular

#12 Post by animedaisuki »

oh ok, i'll PM you

animedaisuki
Regular

#13 Post by animedaisuki »

hmmm... so it's taking me forever to upload the game to this post... is it supposed to take that long? the file is 233.4 MB

curseofmight
Projects: Nakajo | Halloween Otome | Reminiscence | Reckoning | Among The Distant Stars

#14 Post by curseofmight »

this looks like a great time

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#15 Post by Donmai »

Okay, my bad! When I suggested you to upload as an attachment I wasn't expecting your game to be that large.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)