Heartful Chance

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
gulabji

Re: Heartful Chance~!

#91 Post by gulabji »

I just played both paths, and I have to say I loved it. It was so cute, and really beautifully done. I really liked the characters as well, Henri being my favorite.

I look forward to more of your work!

GreyLadyHelenaR
Regular

#92 Post by GreyLadyHelenaR »

This game was adorable and hilarious! :D
Henri is the best, I absolutely adore him! And Charlotte! She's amazing in a very spooky way. :P And the chibis were so cute!
Please continue making games, I'll play them all! :D

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#93 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Seems interesting opening ! I'm going to download it~ *catch ya later for the feedback ! :D
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

MJDAlleria
Regular

#94 Post by MJDAlleria »

I have to say... this one is very well done.
Too pink and sparkly for my tastes. But still...
the whole time reading and seeing all those CGs I was
thinking to myself. "Wait... this isn't an anime!!!"
Yes, the whole time I was thinking I was watching
an anime instead (lol) it's that good.

Though... her friend Charlotte. I don't hit girls, but
I felt like punching her for rubbing in Eimi's face about
her boyfriend and how she's so happy. But it was a
fleeting bad thought, she turned out as a... good friend.

Hope you do make more VNs in the future.

- Great GUI
- Great use of music
- Good CGs (especially the kiss scenes)
- Good splitting of paths

However, I noticed a few errors with capitalizing the "i" when
Eimi was addressing herself. Other than that, grammar is fine.

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon

#95 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Hi ! I've played all routes ! (I suppose there is no "bad ending" on this VN huh ? XD)
I drop by to give some feedback :D. Bear with my crappy English :D

1. First, your VN is absolutely eye-catching. All the whole pinky things, it just feels so girly XD (personally I don't really like pink even though I'm a girls). You have a good job to catch the reader
2. I absolutely love the interfaces, GUIs, textbox and alllllll the design. Well done !
3. The music in the main menu is fine, and on the "Art Section", wohoooo, the "happy-go-lucky" music now glued into my ears ! :D
4. Personally I think the story is somewhat typical happy-ending love story (or so I have expected from this genre). It doesn't really give the reader many choices, or many different paths, and I, as the reader, kinda know where the story will be going (because the choices is somewhat obvious- will you choose Henri or Kouhei ?- but I still like it :D
5. I don't really like Kouhei because he is the typical smart, diligent, and calm boys....I'd prefer Henri coz of his complex personality lol
6. All tha CG and character design is well-done, I can't really complaint about this one. Love the chibis and the special effects too ^^

Some errors regarding your VN :
1. I kept getting error when opened this VN, seems like the opening movie won't start on my computer, and kept not responding.
I'm extremely depressed with this situation, but hey, finally I've modified your script (which is rather strange-because normally-as long as I know-the players can't easily modified your finished VN-but hey I'm successful), and uncomment ("add # mark") : not to play the OP animation
I dunno if the others face encounter this problems too, or it is just me
2. I encountered a few grammatical and punctuation errors, but it's not a big deal
3. Something that maybe confused the reader : "There is a scene when Kouhei is speaking, but instead of his name, it is written "Henri" on the text box"

Hope my feedback can be somewhat helpful, and
I'm looking forward to your next VN ^^
Webtoon

---
Completed project:

MY VISUAL NOVEL

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran

#96 Post by tiya_nofurita »

mohammed22 wrote:it wont work.....WHY DOESNT IT WORK???????..i tried uninstalling and reinstalling i fixed things that didnt need fixing but it still wont work!!! it just laggs at the beginning music until i force shut it from the task manager!!
Seems I encounter the same problem as you
What I did was, modified the script :) (if you are familiar enough with Ren'py, Javascript language to write VN, you should be able to do it. Fortunately, the writers still provide the script.rpy, where you can freely modified it~ *not to mention stealing some of his code...oh, I'm sorry :p)

Just add "#" mark to the following script :

Code: Select all

$ renpy.movie_cutscene('Heartful chance OP.ogv')
Then it should work. However, you are not be able to see the opening movie (which is kinda sad, but don't worry, you can always watch them on Youtube :D)
Webtoon

---
Completed project:

MY VISUAL NOVEL

JustALittleSin
Regular
Projects: Unit & Jetser Forever
Organization: Visualnovels.nl

#97 Post by JustALittleSin »

We have just released a Dutch translation of Heartful Chance! It can be found here: http://www.visualnovels.nl/vertalingen/heartful-chance/.

Also, coming soon: a English / Dutch dual-language version for android.
Visualnovels.nl - We write (about) visual novels. In Dutch.
Dutch translations:
Visualnovels.nl Devblog - As above, but more relevant for non-Dutchies
Marijuana - De Waarheid / Witch Spell / Heartful Chance
Locked-In / Moonlight Walks [WIP]
The Knife Of The Traitor [WIP]

jheielle

Re: Heartful Chance

#98 Post by jheielle »

I can't play, the application crashes whenever i press the start button :((
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 323, in script
window show
ValueError: subsurface rectangle outside surface area

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 276, in bootstrap
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\main.py", line 354, in main
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\main.py", line 95, in run
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\execution.py", line 269, in run
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\display\error.py", line 96, in report_exception
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\game.py", line 289, in invoke_in_new_context
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\display\error.py", line 40, in call_exception_screen
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\ui.py", line 237, in interact
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\display\core.py", line 1798, in interact
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\display\core.py", line 2103, in interact_core
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\display\core.py", line 1387, in draw_screen
File "render.pyx", line 366, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4470)
File "render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2063)
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\display\layout.py", line 511, in render
File "render.pyx", line 95, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2325)
File "render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2063)
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\display\layout.py", line 511, in render
File "render.pyx", line 95, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2325)
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\display\screen.py", line 273, in render
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\display\layout.py", line 854, in render
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\display\layout.py", line 662, in render
File "C:\Program Files\Heartful Chance\renpy\text\text.py", line 1309, in render

Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3
Ren'Py 6.13.7.1646
Heartful Chance! 1.4

Unicorn_Magic
Regular

#99 Post by Unicorn_Magic »

Hi, I have an error in starting heratful chance.
When i click START the game automatically closes and it shows something like this:
While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 330, in script
window show

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 276, in bootstrap
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\main.py", line 354, in main
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\main.py", line 95, in run
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\execution.py", line 269, in run
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\error.py", line 96, in report_exception
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\game.py", line 289, in invoke_in_new_context
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\error.py", line 40, in call_exception_screen
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\ui.py", line 237, in interact
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\core.py", line 1798, in interact
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\core.py", line 2103, in interact_core
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\core.py", line 1387, in draw_screen
File "render.pyx", line 366, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4470)
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\layout.py", line 511, in render
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\layout.py", line 511, in render
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\screen.py", line 273, in render
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\layout.py", line 854, in render
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\display\layout.py", line 662, in render
File "C:\Users\Solveig\Documents\Heartful Chance! No Vid\Heartful Chance!\renpy\text\text.py", line 1309, in render

I noticed a post in which something like this happened and you gave a mediafire link to download the game. I tried that too but it doesnt come. So can you please help me?? :)

Nutella_Sandwhich

#100 Post by Nutella_Sandwhich »

Where is the download link? I cannot see anything AHHHH!!!

asakura9
Projects: Still secret.

#101 Post by asakura9 »

Chibichann
Regular

#102 Post by Chibichann »

I am a fan of this huge fan of heartful chance everything was so sparkly and girl y...........i loved it loved Henri's path the most,i think they are meant for each other.

Connie
Regular

#103 Post by Connie »

I still have it, but why was it pulled out?
I love food.

OneHitPoint

#104 Post by OneHitPoint »

I tried clicking the link asakura posted, and got a 'blocked due to malware' message for my trouble. I would like to believe that it's simply because the bug people posted about was flagged as if it were a virus, but by all means check your systems just to be safe

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#105 Post by Mimi_Melody »

I don't know if it's a virus or not, since I can't access the website. But the developers say they are fixing and upgrading the main site so you won't be able to use it for some time.
I have a download link here, it's in my browser history :D (I believe the link is for windows only, you'll have to wait until the site is up again if you use other platforms...)
Try it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l27y4 ... e!+1.4.exe