volunteering for a job!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
deviltales
Regular

volunteering for a job!

#1 Post by deviltales »

Good evening there, lemmasoft people :D! I'll skip right to the topic.
I'm more of a learning artist, in everything, and I wasn't able to draw in a long time(couple of months)
I'm looking for a small project, maybe some rusty, nothing-fancy commissions, character designs, anything like that, because I want to re-enter the artist mode.
I won't request any payment, I'm doing it for free. This is an opportunity to extend my skills and to learn more about Visual Novels in general. Here is some old work of mine, I can show you this much at the moment, since I'm not home now ^^
PM if you are interested!
Attachments
1523245_575092392567668_1948832704_o.jpg
1502528_593096334100607_1540614525_n.jpg
10409161_658319000911673_4817864836495051762_n.jpg
10462884_657755237634716_1654911285674171360_n.jpg
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: volunteering for a job!

#2 Post by fleet »

Any restrictions on what you will do or won't do?
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

deviltales
Regular

#3 Post by deviltales »

Yeah, I'm sorry, I was i na bit of a hurry. I'll update the main page ASAP.

I CAN and WILLING to do:
any race, gender, sex, nudes(as long as they're not extremely detailed), homosexual relationships, etc. I'm basically fine with everything, if my skills allow it.
I CANNOT, therefore don't ask me, at least not for a few months...
high, high quality art, in short. like the types you see and think "awesome!" No detailed backgrounds * best i can do are skies, maybe water, maybe minimal landscape*, no super detailed mechanical stuff, nothing too much, if you understand. I'm still very much a beginer and I am willing to work in order to learn.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Zodai

#4 Post by Zodai »

Deviltales, I'm currently attempting to get a small group together for an episodic series. While I don't have a clear set of scope for the whole series, the first episode in and of itself shouldn't be too art-intensive, three to four characters needing art according to current estimates. Backgrounds unknown. I'm not too worried about quality as of now, as this is more an experience and marketing thing to make future projects than it is the 'greatest VN to have ever existed.'

I have a few examples of my work, one in particular which has been very well-recieved by beta readers, albeit unfinished. I'll put it up with another one soon - right now my writer's guide is telling me to finish polishing up this scene first, but I'll have it here in due time. Just know that a majority the art and music assets for these were grabbed off the internet as opposed to being made by myself for these.

If you found the experience enjoyable for the first episode, maybe we can continue discussions once we figure out how much in return it gives us.

--

Right, then. Doesn't look like you've replied.

I'll keep looking for now.