[CLOSED]Looking for: programmer, homepage designer, producer

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Marionetta
Projects: Fool's Journey
Organization: Marionetta
IRC Nick: Marionetta

[CLOSED]Looking for: programmer, homepage designer, producer

#1 Post by Marionetta »

Hello

We are a team that is currently working on a visual novel project called "Fool's Journey". So far our team consists of four people and after long consideration we came to the conclusion that more helping hands would be great. We all work for free and in our free time on the project, which is why we cannot offer compensation for the work for now. Later on we plan to run a Kickstarter campaign to cover the basic needs. We also decided to offer the finished game for a small sum, so that we can pay for the services that we require to make it as good as possible.
Later on, each member will have a part of the profit.

This is our main thread in the forums: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=26580
To give you an insight of what the game is like, we attached a short summary of the story and a small visual impression:

“Ophelia comes back to her homeland after years of travelling. In this land rules the God of Fate who determines the lives of every human being - with one exception.
The chain of events lead from one thing to another, and soon Ophelia is thrown into the path of destiny with nothing but the mocking tarot card “The Fool” in her hand and a bunch of unlikely companions by her side. Bound to the girl by fate, each of the men hope to receive a change of their personal destiny since it is only the Fool who can change the world, whether for good or for worse.”

To keep it short, we hope to find volunteers for the following positions:

Homepage Designer
We are in need of a homepage and we simply don’t have the time to take care of it. We have a subscription on weebly and all we need is a skilful person who can create a homepage for the project. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy or based on flash but it needs to fit the overall theme of the game. We have a basic idea of what we want to have and how it should look like and we can talk it all out.

Programmer
The project would be finished much faster if we have a helping hand in this department, too. We need things such as a menu and a CG gallery, basically the usual visual novel style. And at the very last, all the parts of the game will have to be put together. We already have a GUI design in mind. The programmer part of work will be relevant at the end of this year (approximately), this is when we plan to have the material for a demo version ready to be put together.

Producer
The producer is needed for the organization of the project and small things like taking care of the fan pages (updates etc.), searching information about a possible voice cast and the ways of funding the project (future Kickstarter campain and similar things). Also, we would like to have an outsider’s view on the project to ensure that we are headed into the right direction.

How to contact us
A short talk via Skype has proven itself to be a good way of getting to know each other. We can invite you into our group chat and talk to see whether we can work together as a team.
This is a serious project, and the most important thing that we look for is reliable people that are ready to stay with us until the very end and take this as serious as we do. We are a bunch of nice people so please don’t be afraid of talking to us! We won’t bite!
Last edited by Marionetta on Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CEZ

Re: Looking for: programmer, homepage designer, producer

#2 Post by CEZ »

Hey, interesting premise you've got there - I'm intrigued!
If you guys can provide me with some game-related artwork I'd definitely be willing to talk homepage, and if the programmer stuff isn't till later in the year, I could be up for that as well. My only condition (yes I have my own!) is that you guys can prove to me you've actually got *somewhere* (or are at least going somewhere), as I've already spent far too many hours contributing to unpaid/community projects that ended up in the trash can! :/

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to work for free, but I like to see something come of my efforts, that's all*

Don't let my post count fool you by the way; I'm happy to discuss relevant experience etc via PM or Skype?
I'm just new to the idea of helping develop on Ren'Py specifically, hence the fresh account.

EDIT: *I just looked at your thread, and you guys do seem to be getting somewhere, so I'm definitely up for talks.