[Project Journeys] Update for 2005/1/1

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Yang Sei Fu
Regular

[Project Journeys] Update for 2005/1/1

#1 Post by Yang Sei Fu »

Konnichiwa, Satsuki Shizuka desu.

Project Journeys has finally found someone to fill in the position for background and character colouring artist - FOR GOOD this time! Hopefully we'll be able to release the demo (technically a well-rounded, pretty self-contained story) within the next 3 to 4 months.

Program wise, the engine of this project was made, and remade, and remade again. It's really frustrating that the engine has to be constantly reprogrammed, but I'm happy to see constant change for plans in the name of improvement, in competition with Japanese industry standards.

Recently, more techniques for media gathering have been used, producing higher quality music and sounds. The entire Snowing Clear Skies on April 29th music gallery will (spoiler) be split into two halves, which one focuses on a certain instrument often mentioned in game. A mini-repertoire will be heard soon enough!

Story wise, my novel is done all of Book 1. Estimated word count for English version is about 100,000 words. The Chinese original text version of book II is in the works, but only when after all my schoolwork is done...

Surprisingly, not much update from the line art department. Hopefully something good will turn up when school returns and I am able to get in touch with our artist again.

---
On a "company" basis, I remain in high hopes for the prospective of this project, and hope to submit a significant outcome (the demo) very soon. We strive for quality, so when it's done, it will come.

I'm happy to also see that the ren'ai fans around are also trying hard to promote this emotionally-inspiring genre to the public. Hopefully this would be a team achievement in making this genre succeed. We're all working hard on it.

Good luck to all and Godspeed on your projects.

Satsuki Shizuka
=/| ClearWind Design Studios |\=

RedSlash
Veteran

#2 Post by RedSlash »

Nice to see you got some workers on your team! Looking forward to the new demo.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#3 Post by mikey »

Good luck with it, I hope your team can get all the technical buggies sorted out, so you can shift into higher gear. Ganbareh! :wink: (*marks calendar for demo release*)

Yang Sei Fu
Regular

#4 Post by Yang Sei Fu »

Sneak peek at Project Journeys! Below is a story flowchart from our entire project's plans:
Image[/img]
=/| ClearWind Design Studios |\=