Looking for a ren'py programmer for mystery VN

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Diamonit
Regular
Projects: Lucid9
Organization: Fallen Snow Studios

Looking for a ren'py programmer for mystery VN

#1 Post by Diamonit »

Hello everyone! :)
We are looking for a ren'py programmer for our project called Lucid9, which is a non commercial Mystery / Romance VN. We've been working on it for a year and a half already, and we tried to create a custom engine with the help of some other programmers, but there were too many inconveniences, so ultimately we decided to drop it and go for a regular ren'py coded VN.

Here is the list of the tasks that would be given :

- Narrative scripting : Inputting narration and dialog, very basic.
- Animations scripting : whether it is for sprites, backgrounds, sound effects or visual effects.
- A sense of directing, since you'll be the one to script all the animations, some of the details will be left to you (duration of the animation, amplitude) and a bit of freedom will be given to you since not all the scripting details will be written on the script (even though all the important one will be here).

We currently have 2 programmers working on the project, but considering our next deadline (sometime around next january) and our current pace (one of our programmers cannot commit much because of real life obligations), we need to have more people working on this. We've already started working on the ren'py version, and one of the programmer will guide you through the code already written. Past experience on ren'py would be welcome, but in any case our other active programmer is willing to teach if necessary. We are also using github.

We've already made a demo on another engine, and you can actually find it here : http://lucid9.weebly.com/ , ideally, we'd like to have something very similar on ren'py for a downloadable version (and improved if possible).

Our project is a long term one, and will require quite the commitment (To give you an idea, our common route has a length of nearly 200 000 words). It's definitely a lot of work, and it will take some time (I actually might decide to have multiple programmers on this if needed), and the fact that our project is a non commercial one means that we won't be able to commission you in any way. But you'll become a full fledged team member, and I'd like to think that we are a very nice crew with a very good ambiance!

If ever you're interested in the project or wish to ask me some questions, feel free!

Diamonit - Leader of the Lucid9 project
You can also follow our dev' blog with regular updates : http://lucid9.weebly.com/

alex.theoto
Regular

Re: Looking for a ren'py programmer for mystery VN

#2 Post by alex.theoto »

Hi, can you look at my post and I'll be happy to help you.