"Dere" (Comedy, Romance)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

"Dere" (Comedy, Romance)

#1 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Hello all! This is just some random idea I thought of that could change in time. I'm aiming for comedy and romance.

Two best friends. A strange meeting that changes their lives with only one way out. Four "dere" kuns to romance back into the real world.

Main Heroines

Cadence is a chubby and bright and cheerful girl. She likes anything that has to do with food. Her hobby is playing Otome games, collecting Mangas and cds as well as special limited items. Shes what you would call an otaku.

Scarlet is well known for her beauty. Only Cadence knows she has a bad personality and curses like a sailor. Secretly her fetish consists of wearing frilly goth clothes and listening to punk rock music.

Story

Overall the only thing in common is that they both like food a lot and play games in different genres. What happens when Cadence is lost and sucked into another world and the only way out is for Scarlet to play through her worse nightmare? A cringe worthy badly written otome game. Not only that, but she must win the heart of one of the typical "dere" men in the game.
(Still debating which character to be in game and out of game.)

GAME WARNING: Characters may not follow the script once it's turned off so be wary...

Pursuable characters

"Kuudere kun"

"Yandere kun"

"Tsundere kun"

"Dandere kun"
ImageImage

KaivertaCommissions
Deviantart: Kaiverta

Re: "Dere" (Comedy, Romance)

#2 Post by KaivertaCommissions »

I think it sounds really fun. xD I love the idea of needing to play through her worst nightmare, and what that nightmare is. That gives you the opportunity to create a lot of funny, awkward moments.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#3 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

KaivertaCommissions wrote:I think it sounds really fun. xD I love the idea of needing to play through her worst nightmare, and what that nightmare is. That gives you the opportunity to create a lot of funny, awkward moments.
Thanks lol and yeah I put that it was playing an otome game because she doesn't like those kinds of games.
ImageImage

KaivertaCommissions
Deviantart: Kaiverta

#4 Post by KaivertaCommissions »

LadyOfGatsby wrote:
KaivertaCommissions wrote:I think it sounds really fun. xD I love the idea of needing to play through her worst nightmare, and what that nightmare is. That gives you the opportunity to create a lot of funny, awkward moments.
Thanks lol and yeah I put that it was playing an otome game because she doesn't like those kinds of games.
I haven't ever played those games (I'm in Australia - never been to Japan, never even knew about those games until very recently) but I've done research on them and they're very different from the norm. I looove a lot of the art that I see in them, too.

I think your concept sounds like a really fun one. I'd play it. xD

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by gekiganwing »

LadyOfGatsby wrote: What happens when Cadence is lost and sucked into another world and the only way out is for Scarlet to play through her worse nightmare? A cringe worthy badly written otome game. Not only that, but she must win the heart of one of the typical "dere" men in the game.
A few things to think about as you write this comedy...

* Fictional characters who don't know how to interact with real world people. They're only programmed with so many responses, and their artificial intelligence is limited.
* Fictional characters who aren't quite what they seem. For example, a male love interest who was written to act cute, but who has a hidden side. He is kind of like an actor playing a role that doesn't match his personality.
* What can the girls learn from these fictional guys? Can the guys learn anything from the girls?
KaivertaCommissions wrote: I haven't ever played those games (I'm in Australia - never been to Japan, never even knew about those games until very recently) but I've done research on them and they're very different from the norm.
Off-topic: For what it's worth, gamebooks with romance themes have been written in English for some time. Also, you can find a number of casual / browser / mobile games in English for women with worksafe romance. Some are story driven, others aren't.

Also, I have learned that unless I pay attention to pop culture, I miss *a lot* of things. It's embarrassing for me to realize that I don't know much about Australia besides Paul Hogan movies, or Midnight Oil albums.