A Hundred Penitence [Mystery, Adventure, Family]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

A Hundred Penitence [Mystery, Adventure, Family]

#1 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

“Where am I? How did I end up here?”

You didn’t remember how you got here, what is your name and why you are here. But you know one thing. You must find her.
Searching for an exit, a mysterious sound directed you to go through a door, but you’re obliged to play games to find the woman you seek.

Gameplay
Play as the main character, opening doors and solving all the puzzle and games inside each room. Each room holds a Key to unlock the next door. To get those Keys the main character needs to play a game or picking the right answer when a "Friend" is inside the room.

There will be a various of mini-games and multiple choices. Your objection is to go through all the doors until the end while collecting your memories and find the person you've been searching but barely remember.

Rough Sketches

Characters

Protagonist Design

Features Goals
☆ 3-10 Characters -- Animated Sprites
☆ 5-10 CGs
☆ 5-10 Chapters
☆ 2 or 3 Endings
☆ Stat, Map and Point&Click System
☆ Different Mini-games/Puzzle to solve for each room.

Team
☆ YuukiPudding : Game Designer, Artist, Writer
☆ Naustix : Programmer
☆ Reiya : Lead Artist, Sprite Artist & BG Artist
☆ Laniessa : GUI Artist
☆ Windchimes : Writer
☆ Sebastian Woodland & Rain : Composers

We are missing : (listed in order of importance)
Writer, Games Artist (Mainly for items, things needed for the mini-games/puzzle)
Proofreader, Assistant Game Designer, Additional BG Artist

Deadline Goal
Not Decided Yet - For the Prototype

Notes
I had this story idea last year and I told Reiya about it. She said we should try to make it into a manga, but a few months later I decide to bring the story up into a visual novel. (Again, two artists decide to make a visual novel without a writer haha x”D)
The project has started on it’s art and music development on 2015. Sadly on early stage of the progress, our friend who helped us as a writer got busy and we decide to hold the project.

The game features are inspired from Professor Layton and Touch Detective, while the story inspired by.. Theresia I guess? Also Lux Pain.

So basically the project is still sketchy and we haven’t made much progress, but I hope we can finish them sometime soon next year! We are planning to at least finish a prototype of the VN first before expanding it further, which the prototype will have at least 5 chapters or more in it.

We hope we'll be able to finish this project and there will be people that might enjoy playing this.
Last edited by YuukiCrossPudding on Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:32 am, edited 8 times in total.

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

Re: A Hundred Penitence [Mystery, Adventure, Family]

#2 Post by Windchimes »

Yay more mystery/puzzle VNs! I'm really excited for this.
YuukiCrossPudding wrote:We are missing : (listed in order of importance)
GUI Artist, Games Artist (Mainly for items, things needed for the mini-games/puzzle)
Proofreader, Assistant Game Designer, Additional BG Artist
If you're still looking for proofreaders I would love to help out in any way I can because this sounds really cool, and I love VNs with mysteries and puzzles (even though I'm never really good at them LOL)
YuukiCrossPudding wrote:Also some questions :
The title for the game isn't permanent, we're still searching for another options.
There are :
1. A Hundred Penitence
2. A Hundred Doors
3. Doors to a Scattered Past

Which one sounds good to you? or the first one is good enough? It'll be great if you can tell us your opinions! Thank you.
I think the first one is good enough. Though I also really like the third one...the second one is too plain imo. Well actually, I think I prefer the third one the most. The first one has a nice ring to it, but it feels slightly weird because penitence isn't countable (if I remember correctly) so...yeah. xD (Though I know most of the time that isn't a concern for titles xD)
Last edited by Windchimes on Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#3 Post by Rinima »

This looks cool, I have a soft spot for darker sounding stories and anything inspired partly by Professor Layton.

A Hundred Penitence sounds like the best one to me.

And I don't really show any of my GUI work on here (everyone's gotta have a hobby), but I'm not bad at darker themed GUI's (darker themed ones are a doddle compared to light and fluffy GUI), if you're open to having a hobbyist helping out. I'd be open to helping out with proofreading as well if you'd have me.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?

#4 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Windchimes wrote:If you're still looking for proofreaders I would love to help out in any way I can because this sounds really cool, and I love VNs with mysteries and puzzles (even though I'm never really good at them LOL)
Thank you! Same here, I do prefer VNs with mysteries, I'm so excited when I started to work for this project c:
and thanks for offering to help, I'll keep you in mind when we need help with proofreading!
And I don't really show any of my GUI work on here (everyone's gotta have a hobby), but I'm not bad at darker themed GUI's (darker themed ones are a doddle compared to light and fluffy GUI), if you're open to having a hobbyist helping out. I'd be open to helping out with proofreading as well if you'd have me.
Thank you for offering to help Rinima! When we're making more progress I'll contact you about proofreading, going to PM you about the GUI!

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Updated the main post!
Currently we're waiting for May to come since the artist is busy at the moment :"D
Meanwhile I'll try completing the concept for the game. (I made a lot of rough concepts for features here and there, but I'll probably cut them out if there's too many)

Hopefully on the end of May the project will be on progress again c: