Writer/Editor looking for introductory job

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Threevenge
Regular

Writer/Editor looking for introductory job

#1 Post by Threevenge »

Hello to you all. I'm a person who is interested in getting involved with visual/kinetic novels as I see the immense potential for these productions and really feel I want to contribute in some part . I have plans for my own kinetic novel in the future, but at the moment I'd like to get involved in somebody else's project to get a little experience before diving into my own. Writing and editing are two things I feel are my strong points. Here's a sample of some of my better writing (granted, this is a novel format, but I feel it shows a little of my style and abilities):

The initial clash of steel and iron rang so loudly that veterans of the battle couldn't hear for days afterwards. Shockwaves from clanging weapons sent a sudden numbness through the arms of every warrior with such force that for a split second an unearthly silence was felt. In moments, the conflict became chaos.

Jacen stood in the front line, caught amidst the panic and confusion. His vision gave the illusion that he was alone, but the feeling of warm blood spraying from a fallen comrade kept him conscious of the situation. His instincts and the endless hours of experience kept him alive, but soon the broadsword became heavy under the strain of weakened muscles and only the urge for survival gave him the strength to swing.

A sudden twang of bows revived him for the repetitive slaughter, and he barely lifted his shield overhead before the arrows fell upon the mob like deadly rain drops. The impact of three arrows on his shield sent splinters that left numerous cuts on his exposed left arm.

So, if anybody thinks they could use my help, let me know.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream (editor)

bloodywyvern
Veteran

Re: Writer/Editor looking for introductory job

#2 Post by bloodywyvern »

Actually if you want a project to help out on I could use the help, while I'm a fairly good writer myself (and also better and more suited to novel format), we can't always be at our peak. If you'd like to help out, or want to know more about the project you can check it out here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3079

While I still plan to remain the lead writer (there's still tons of work to do), this project is rather large in scale right now...which means since my time goes to writing the new parts, I can't edit the old ones. You'll also be able to get experience in writing fully as well, since many of the older scenes need to be rewritten as my style had adjusted to expand on scenes I'd normally have left short in the earlier versions. Basically as I write, you'd be following behind editing/revising to polish the script to crystal perfect perfection.

If your interested you can PM with any questions, or interest. Plus if you end up liking the story, there's always a chance to write a route yourself. Though it would be a lot of work.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1