[CLOSED] Hiring Artist for CG/BGs - commission rate

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
nfangl
Organization: Nochi
Tumblr: nochi-games

[CLOSED] Hiring Artist for CG/BGs - commission rate

#1 Post by nfangl »

Hello everyone!

Nochi Games is looking to hire an artist for long-term commissions. We are working on a romance visual novel called "Sifting Thyme." The story takes place in the foodie world and the player plays as a female student. We've already released a sneak peak of our male leads in the game at our facebook site (http://www.facebook.com/nochigames). We are aiming to release a demo in the very near future.

We have a full team, including a Head Designer/Artist. But we have a lot of artwork that we need help with in order to meet our development timeline. Because of that, we would like to hire for an open Assistant Artist position.

Basic Job Details
-create CGs, BGs, and chibi scenes (estimated 3-6 pieces a month, depending on team workload)
-we will only hire someone who can create artwork in the current game style or as close to it as possible
-once hired, we would like the person to start as soon as possible. This project is estimated to continue until Summer of 2018 and we would need your commitment to create artwork until the end of the project
-For privacy reasons, we will share exact pay information via PM/e-mail. But below are some guidelines in the meantime:
  1. Payment via paypal
  2. CG/BG: same flat starting commission pay per piece, with room to increase depending on 1) incentives and 2) the success of the game
  3. Chibi scenes: a flat starting commission pay per piece (lower rate than CG/Marketing/BGs), with room to increase based on incentives
How to apply or inquire
-Please PM me with the below information:
  1. E-mail address to reach you at
  2. Your portfolio/website link
  3. Any questions, comments, or concerns
-If our team is interested in you, we will send you detailed information and next steps in the application process that includes a requirement of two sample submissions. If hired, we will pay for your sample submission and use it in the game as a result. (**Note: that means we will not pay for rejected applicants - sorry!**)

Looking forward to an exciting partnership with a new Nochi team member :D
Last edited by nfangl on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nfangl

Re: Hiring Artist for CG/BGs - commission + chance to increa

#2 Post by nfangl »

Hi everyone!

We have received quite a few applications and are still working on responding to each individual applicant. At this time, we have moved a few people onto the second round into the sample submission process.

We still have a few spots open for the 2nd round reviews so please apply if you're interested :)

P.S. attached is a small screenshot of our game for artwork style reference beyond what has already been posted on our facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/nochigames)

Thanks!
April
Attachments
Lemmasoft3.JPG

SmilingSatellite
Deviantart: SmilingSatellite

#3 Post by SmilingSatellite »

hi there! i'm quite new to this forum and i would like to know if you're still accepting applicants for some artists? i honestly have no idea how a forum works so i apologize if i can only do a pm and replies. ^^; i would happily provide you with samples of my work! thank you for your time :3

nfangl

#4 Post by nfangl »

Unfortunately, the position is closed. I just went and updated the header.

Thank you for your interest though! I sent you a follow-up PM :)
SmilingSatellite wrote:hi there! i'm quite new to this forum and i would like to know if you're still accepting applicants for some artists? i honestly have no idea how a forum works so i apologize if i can only do a pm and replies. ^^; i would happily provide you with samples of my work! thank you for your time :3