Imagebutton hover sometimes not working on screen

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Gabmag
Regular
Completed: A Date with Death, The Divine Speaker, start;again, Amelie, The Sun and the Moon
Projects: Dreambound
Organization: Two and a Half Studios
IRC Nick: Gabmag

Imagebutton hover sometimes not working on screen

#1 Post by Gabmag »

Hello everyone!

Having a strange issue with a screen. Basically, my current project for Nanoreno uses a flowchart to jump between the routes. You get kicked out into this flowchart at the end of each route (using call screen flowchart), but you can also access it at anytime from a button in the quick menu (Show("flowchart").

Sometimes, using some combination of the call screen at the end of each route and the manual opening of the flowchart through the quick menu button, the imagebuttons on the screen do not work to some degree. The hover and the tooltips stop working. The hover only occurs when you hold down the mouse button on one of the imagebuttons.

I'm not sure why exactly it stops working like this - if I roll back, then open the flowchart again it works. Any ideas?

Here's a video showing the issue. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. Using any button on the flowchart does Hide("flowchart"), too.

Thank you!
i make games sometimes, other times i cry.