Alien - a short visual novel (free)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ElvenNeko

Alien - a short visual novel (free)

#1 Post by ElvenNeko »

Hello.

Today, i want to share my new game, visual novel "Alien", that tells the story about the creature that lives among humans, but struggling to understand them and to find it's place in this world.

Actually, there is also a second story present in this game, it's for the people who are in love with darkness of the night, with all that's out of sight, and with magic of the new. To learn it you don't have to do anything but launch game _^ I feel like i spent even more time on getting it to work properly than to make the actual game, but... i like the result, it's something i wanted to try for a long time, and i hope you will enjoy it as well.

Another unique thing about this game is that only about 5% of it's graphics made by humans, the rest are work of an AI artist. I know that such things do not have the best reputation - but please, hide your pitchforks for now and try to give it a chance, you might be really surprised to see what it's capable of in case if you put enough effort and passion, and twice more time and patience in the generation attempts =)

After another series of teams falling apart and me being unable to find any people to work with, i was blessed with neural networks, a pocket artist who gave me (a person who can't draw a straight line and has almost no visual imagination) ability to bring my fantasies to life. And i am really happy to have this one last chance to be part of a game development.

But i also have to warn you about few things. First - this is the first non-fiction story i ever wrote. So it might be not interesting, just as all things in real life. But i still felt like i had to write this story. Also, the secondary story is a fictional one, so even if you won't enjoy the novel, you still might like it's main menu)

Second - if you are depressed or easily disturbed, i am not sure if you should play it. Do it at your own risk. Also you probably need to be an adult to play it, but if you are not - don't worry, i won't tell anyone ;)

Thrid - this is visual novel, so if you expect a gameplay - you won't find it here. But, this is a forum dedicated to visual novels, so you should have no problems with that)

And the last one - please, turn off all things that might heavy load your system before launching (especially torrents), because loaded pc, and especially hard drive breaks timings in main menu. And if you will acsess settings trough main menu, better resstart after that.

Game size is 610mb, and don't worry, it will probably run on any pc, it's a visual novel, and not a planetary simulation. Just remember about not loading the pc while you play, because crappy engine won't be able to handle that.

DOWNLOAD INFORMATION:

Sadly, i'm more broke than ever, so no Steam publishing this time. Sorry.

Here is the itch.io page: https://elvenneko.itch.io/alien

The game is fully free to play, press "donwload now", and then "no, thanks, just take me to downloads".

There you will find 3 donwload options.

1) Setup. Your go-to thing. Should work the best in most cases.

2) Alien.rar - In case if you having an error during the game, or if main menu has no song playing in it (a person who tested reported that, and i could not identify the problem), download the already installed game in RAR package. But before doing that - try first option, or else, how you will accept EULA?)

3) Alien (mac).rar - version for Mac os X. NOT TESTED! May not work at all.

Also, i appreciate honesty in the feedback. Even if you have nothing good at all to say about it. And if you find a bug, i would also appreciate if you will report it here.

Haven fun. Or not. But, hopefully, the first option.

ElvenNeko

Re: Alien - a short visual novel (free)

#2 Post by ElvenNeko »

P.s. all the other places i used to share the game had only agressive artists complaining about ethics of use of ai generated art) But not a single feedback about the game. So if you want to write feedback about that - please, save your time, i already heared all possible opinions on ai art, more of the same won't help. But if you do have anything to say about game itself - please do, at least a single actual feedback would be nice)