[CLOSED] [PAID] Background/CG/Sprite Artists and Programmer for LGBT+ Murder Mystery Comedy Demo

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
BigKidzCH
Completed: Animated Webseries - 'I Have the Power'
Projects: 'Once Upon a Time in 1999'
Organization: The Big Kids' Clubhouse

[CLOSED] [PAID] Background/CG/Sprite Artists and Programmer for LGBT+ Murder Mystery Comedy Demo

#1 Post by BigKidzCH »

Hello All!

My name is Ryder and I'm an indie producer and scriptwriter based out of the Powerhouse Museum here in Sydney, Australia. I'm the founder of my production group, The Big Kids' Clubhouse, and have worked with minor actors from programs such as Arrested Development, The Office, Glee and the CW's Supergirl in the creation of my first animated webseries in late 2022.

(God knows how that happened but that's all the nepotism I can muster).

I'm looking to hire a lead artist(s) and programmer for the demo of a queer NSFW satirical comedy and murder mystery, 'I'm Getting a Clue.'

-- Log Line --

As a satirisation of traditional clue-chasers such as 'The Hardy Boys', 'Nancy Drew' and 'Scooby Doo', 'I'm Getting a Clue' follows the aristocratic youths and fraternal twin brothers Sybil and Hunter Pentaghast in their episodic whodunnit mysteries.

Rather than follow a route determined by a romanced companion, players are presented an illusion of choice through investigating locations and interrogating characters as the story inevitably progresses through three main acts. At its conclusion, players are entrusted to determine the guilty party, their motive and their means of committing the crime whether it be through sound logic, utterly absurd accusations, the right choice or the wrong one.

You are welcome to read through an extract of the demo script in screen format, sans in-game narration, at the link below. Note that the full demo would preferably include 1-3 additional scenes to introduce the supporting cast (but there's only so much IP I can publicly release here):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PgaW8K ... sp=sharing

The Work Required:

Five Character Designs & Half Body Sprites

- Two male leads (priority) and three male supporting, full bodies front and back

- Half-body sprites of multiple expressions for the leads, far less in diversity for supporting characters

- One additional sprite for a stray dog

Three Backgrounds:

- An ominous dock at night

- A manor parlour centred around a fireplace

- The main street of a British seaside village by day

At Least Five CGs:

- An emerald ghost floating above the docks at night

- One character staring wide-eyed into a fireplace as a second sits in an armchair behind him, unimpressed

- A close-up of newspaper headline held in a character's hand

- A butler standing proudly in his full-body long-johns

- A butler reluctantly spanking one character over his lap (fully-clothed and SFW)

Programming:

- GUI creation and implementation of, well, all the assets described. (I have worked in engineering but, for this project, I will be limiting my involvement to scriptwriting and voice direction. Everything else under the sun will need a long-term collaborator).

Payment:

- At your own commercial rates

Applications:

Please contact bigkidzch@gmail.com with your portfolio of work and rates per asset (e.g. scene, character, word, hour spent, etc).

Currently, the entirety of this project's first draft stands completed and is going through major revisions as expected.

Thank you for giving this all a read through and best of luck in your future work!

- Ryder :)