[SOLVED] Android Build: issues with stability in play store (ANR - App not Responding)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars
Organization: Funigami
itch: funigami
Discord: alexei#5190

[SOLVED] Android Build: issues with stability in play store (ANR - App not Responding)

#1 Post by alexei »

Hey everyone. I'm using renpy 8.0.3 for an android game I'm making. I submitted the game on sept 9th, and here's what I've got so far.

Code: Select all

ANR in com.google.android.apps.messaging;PID: 12753;Broadcast of Intent { act=com.google.android.gms.phenotype.UPDATE flg=0x30 pkg=com.google.android.apps.messaging cmp=com.google.android.apps.messaging/com.google.apps.tiktok.experiments.phenotype.ConfigurationUpdatedReceiver_Receiver (has extras) };

ANR in com.google.android.dialer;PID: 12804;Broadcast of Intent { act=com.google.android.gms.phenotype.UPDATE flg=0x30 pkg=com.google.android.dialer cmp=com.google.android.dialer/com.google.apps.tiktok.experiments.phenotype.ConfigurationUpdatedReceiver_Receiver (has extras) };

ANR in com.google.android.apps.photos;PID: 10509;Broadcast of Intent { act=com.google.android.gms.phenotype.UPDATE flg=0x30 pkg=com.google.android.apps.photos cmp=com.google.android.apps.photos/com.google.android.libraries.phenotype.client.stable.PhenotypeUpdateBackgroundBroadcastReceiver (has extras) };
[/img]Any idea as to what to do to fix those issues? From what I understand I need to fix those for the game to be accepted.
Last edited by alexei on Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Android Build: issues with stability in play store (ANR - App not Responding)

#2 Post by PyTom »

None of those errors have anything to do with Ren'Py.

I'd maybe talk to google and see if they had a problem with their testing service. com.google.android.* are all applications from Google.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

alexei
Regular
Completed: re:shape, Monster Boys Doctor, Hearts and Hexes, The Prince's Heart, Dragon Gazer
Projects: Motifs, Longing for Change, The Sinking of the Dream Chaser, Town of the Damned, Monster Boy Wars

Re: Android Build: issues with stability in play store (ANR - App not Responding)

#3 Post by alexei »

Thanks for the heads up. Probably it's some kind of random error. Some devs I talked about told me just to create a new version and re-upload without changing anything and this will solve the issue.

Thanks for the heads up again!

alexei
Regular

#4 Post by alexei »

PyTom wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:50 pm None of those errors have anything to do with Ren'Py.

I'd maybe talk to google and see if they had a problem with their testing service. com.google.android.* are all applications from Google.
FYI, I just resubmitted it as another version (without changing anythign else), and it got accepted. It was playstore's issue. Thanks for the heads up.

dotHack

Re: [SOLVED] Android Build: issues with stability in play store (ANR - App not Responding)

#5 Post by dotHack »

Wait? Can you just upload an AAB file to Google Playstore just like that? I still could not do it. Google always sends me the rejected status after checking my app submission.
1 Try: App rejected bc of crash test fail
2 Try: Could not reupload same app bc of same version number and wrong key. Had to make a completely new app project. Submitted the aab.file. Got rejection mail after few days bc of crash test fail.
App stability
We experienced stability issues with your app during testing and were unable to evaluate it for policy compliance. It’s critical that your app behaves predictably at run time and doesn’t crash, hang, or display error messages.

To resolve this issue, make sure your app behaves predictably at run time and doesn’t crash, hang, or display error messages.

App status: Rejected
Your app has been rejected and wasn't published due to this policy issue. If you submitted an update for review, the previous version of your app is still available on Google Play.
Shall I just reupload the app with a new version number or is there a step missing?

RizVN
Regular
Completed: "Love is War (Remake)", "Mahou Shoujo: Magical Shota", "Vampire Hunter", "How to Win Girls and Influence People", "Hayase Yuuka Love is War [Blue Archive Fangame]"
Projects: "DELIIDOL"
itch: rizvn

Re: [SOLVED] Android Build: issues with stability in play store (ANR - App not Responding)

#6 Post by RizVN »

dotHack wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:41 am Wait? Can you just upload an AAB file to Google Playstore just like that? I still could not do it. Google always sends me the rejected status after checking my app submission.
1 Try: App rejected bc of crash test fail
I'm facing a similar issue. I changed the version number inside options.rpy and in Android configuration from version 8.0 to 8.0.1, but after I uploaded the new version, the app still got rejected.
Status - App rejected
Violation - Broken Functionality policy: Violation of Broken Functionality policy
Details - Your app contains content that isn’t compliant with the Broken Functionality policy.
  • App loads, but not responsive
I'm using the latest version of Ren'Py (8.1.3).
Check out these cute games:
Love is War (Remake) (Romance-comedy)
How to Win Girls and Influence People (Romance-comedy)
DELIIDOL (Romance-drama)
Mahou Shoujo: Magical Shota (Romance-drama)