Most strange reason to stay away from lemmasoft

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

Re: Most strange reason to stay away from lemmasoft

#16 Post by JQuartz »

Hisao wrote: wat
A lot of people seems to quote wat but I don't really know what you guys mean. I guess you guys are just overly surprised at my predicament. Yeah a number of people had said that it's just my own imagination but I just can't forget the 7 month of torture (constant death threats) I've endured. Hopefully I can forget and get on with my life soon. One thing I've wanted to know since I almost died is that what treatment did people show you if you rejected corruption. I wonder if being threatened with death is just a normal way to treat people that does not want to be corrupt.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Koveras
Regular
Projects: The King's Dragon (TBA)

#17 Post by Koveras »

JQuartz wrote:I wonder if being threatened with death is just a normal way to treat people that does not want to be corrupt.
Pah, don't think much about it. It's just the way human society works: you either adapt yourself to it (i.e. become corrupted when everyone already is), or you are killed (physically or metaphorically) by it. There's the third option, of course, to adapt the society to yourself but it's... a difficult path that many find themselves unable to take. You must decide for yourself. :)

Oh, and btw, I find this constant watting rude, too. :roll:
"Yo, Buddy, you still alive?"

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#18 Post by Enerccio »

wat
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#19 Post by lordcloudx »

WAT?
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#20 Post by F.I.A »

Code: Select all

$ topic = "This thread"
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

Blue123
Veteran
Projects: Composer on... something(s)

#21 Post by Blue123 »

wat

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#22 Post by PyTom »

Okay, folks, enough is enough. I'm going to start deleting trivial messages like this. The forum's database is already half a gigabyte, and each post you write adds another few kilobytes, slowing things down a little for everyone.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#23 Post by JQuartz »

Thanks Koveras your words seems so wise and true. But it's sad that there's only 3 options though. It would been great if there's a 4th option which is remain uncorrupted while leaving everyone else to make decision for themselves. If that's the case then the uncorrupted person won't be threatened with death so often.
F.I.A wrote:

Code: Select all

$ topic = "This thread"
New type of messege which I don't understand. Care to elaborate F.I.A.?
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Koveras
Regular

#24 Post by Koveras »

JQuartz wrote:Thanks Koveras your words seems so wise and true. But it's sad that there's only 3 options though. It would been great if there's a 4th option which is remain uncorrupted while leaving everyone else to make decision for themselves. If that's the case then the uncorrupted person won't be threatened with death so often.
Sadly, that is not an option. Modern society is not as tolerating to outcasts, as it once was. Before, you could just go to some place outside the city if you didn't want to be corrupted by it and nobody gave a damn. Nowadays, you won't find a place unsoiled by the civilization and even if you do, they'll come looking for you and trying to bring you back and turn you into one of them, because they need you to work and consume for them. The mob is a bad monster.

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#25 Post by JQuartz »

Sheesh. How come the uncorrupted becomes the outcast instead of vice versa? Koveras, my respect for you continue to increase because you seem so well knowledgeble in matters that affected me for the past 7 months. Your words somehow answered questions that seem to be bugging me for a while. Thanks for replying instead of watting like everyone (mostly) else.

Koveras
Regular

#26 Post by Koveras »

JQuartz wrote:Sheesh. How come the uncorrupted becomes the outcast instead of vice versa?
Because becoming corrupted doesn't require virtues like sacrifice, self-discipline, patience - virtues many of us find lacking? So, statistically, there are more corrupted people than uncorrupted ones, they are the majority. Thus, who's the society and who, the outcast is only a matter of numbers.
Koveras, my respect for you continue to increase because you seem so well knowledgeble in matters that affected me for the past 7 months. Your words somehow answered questions that seem to be bugging me for a while. Thanks for replying instead of watting like everyone (mostly) else.
I'm just a philosopher in my spare time, all I do is draw conclusions from what I saw and see. %)

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#27 Post by JQuartz »

Koveras wrote:Because becoming corrupted doesn't require virtues like sacrifice, self-discipline, patience - virtues many of us find lacking? So, statistically, there are more corrupted people than uncorrupted ones, they are the majority. Thus, who's the society and who, the outcast is only a matter of numbers.
Hearing this kind of made me a bit fearful cause I planned to get a job that doesn't involve corruption. Now that you tell me that the majority of society is corrupt, I just don't know what job is truly safe from corruption anymore. Other than that, I feel societies should protect those who doesn't want to be corrupt instead of them being harrassed/tortured. Thanks for your wise words Koveras. You are truly a philosopher (which I think is quite something).

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#28 Post by sake-bento »

Even if other people are corrupt, you can still do your best to do what's right. No matter where you are, you can try to do the right thing.

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#29 Post by JQuartz »

sake-bento wrote:Even if other people are corrupt, you can still do your best to do what's right. No matter where you are, you can try to do the right thing.
That's what I thought in the first place. But being tortured by constant death threats does make you feel very very mental. Thanks for your encouragement though.

Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

#30 Post by Jo'ogn »

JQuartz wrote:I feel societies should protect those who doesn't want to be corrupt instead of them being harrassed/tortured.
Wrong world! Money is another word for corruption. You still can make a difference, but do not rely on "society" in that respect. And remember energies attract, like magnets: The fearful attract what they fear.
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english