The Circular Gate (25/08/09 - ver. 1.00e+OST out)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
AlphaProspector
Regular
Completed: The Circular Gate
Projects: Yume no Sono, Hoshi Agari, The Circular Gate, Koenchu Yonogi Seiyu Story (こえんちゅ!)
Organization: Primum Soft
Soundcloud: Primum Soundblast

Re: The Circular Gate (24/03/09 DEMOS VER.0.90e/s UP)

#31 Post by AlphaProspector »

God, I just hope this works.

I am... pleased? to announce the release of the final demo of T.C.G. Everything was pretty much reworked from scratch. At the moment, I'll only put up the Windows versions, both in english and spanish. Mac is coming soon.

You can retrieve the demo here (mediafire links):

Ver. 0.90e (english)

Ver. 0.90s (spanish)

The interface is re-done, same with the bgs and the music, which is now fully original. You won't be hearing much of Nicol' stuff yet (just the OP and another tune, you know what they say: the best comes towards the end and this is no exception), the other songs are made by me sans the Menu Theme (which is one of out of two), which was composed by a pianist nicknamed A.D.P.

The T.C.G. Demo 0.90e/s Track List is the following:

1 – NRG (TCG OP) by Nicol Armarfi
2 – The Lonely Dancers ~Orbital Overview~ (Menu Theme 2) by A.D.P.
3 – System Initiated (Intro)
4 – Forgotten Endless Ocean (Phase 1 ~ Ocean Section)
5 – The Archive (Phase 1 ~ Memories - Memento section) by Nicol Armarfi
6 – The Circular Gate (Phase 1 ~ T.C.G. section)
7 – Transcendence of the Spirals (Interlude)
8 – Primitive Bells (Phase 2 ~ A primitive symbol)

The total amount of words clocks around 4k, which is like 25% or so of the full script so, yep, this is equal to 15-20 mins (full version will be an hour or so I guess), probably less if you keep clicking and skipping the animations that are there to delay you. heh.

Oh, also ended up translating the whole Readme.html to spanish so PyTom could use that thing on the wiki to make it even friendlier it'll be ok.

Just to show the difference between the old releases and the final one, I attached two retrospective pictures, one from the main menu cover and one of the M.D.T. engine. On the latter, the use of mental ray+advanced lighting+water tutorial made an extremely noticeable difference.

I hope it will work and won't crash. Last thing, this release is done using Ren'Py 6.8.1.

Spanish mode:

A todo aquel que lo lea, espero que la versión en castellano sea de su agrado (¡y que funcione!) porque traducir toda la interface fue algo complicado, por no decir que fue un dolor de... bueno, ya saben. No lo tenía pensado en un principio pero varias personas me dijeron que los menúes en inglés eran confusos así que al final traduje todo. Al fin y al cabo, esto empezó en castellano así que no veo por qué tendría que ser de otra manera, ¿no?

Traté de mantener la poética y demás pero tuve que adaptar mucho del original para hacerlo viable como novela visual. En fin, de acá sólo me queda esperar por las últimas canciones y darle los toques finales a esta cosa.
Attachments
Old to new Main Menu
Old to new Main Menu
Old to new M.D.T. Engine
Old to new M.D.T. Engine

[The extension html has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by AlphaProspector on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enjoy tranquillity. Paint reality with the colours of your imagination.

Primum Soft Website and Blog

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

Re: The Circular Gate (24/03/09 DEMOS VER.0.90e/s UP)

#32 Post by Asceai »

Heh, the 円形の扉 logo sort of reminds me of Touka Gettan's logo.

Although four-letter names vertically arranged in a circle logos are nothing new, I guess.

AlphaProspector
Regular
Completed: The Circular Gate
Projects: Yume no Sono, Hoshi Agari, The Circular Gate, Koenchu Yonogi Seiyu Story (こえんちゅ!)
Organization: Primum Soft
Soundcloud: Primum Soundblast

Re: The Circular Gate (25/08/09 - ver. 1.00e+OST out)

#33 Post by AlphaProspector »

Indeed, logos like that are quite common. =P In my case, I tried to emulate a techno-crosshair, like the one you would see in a mecha or something similar.

By the way, The Circular Gate is finally out along with the OST.

Click here to visit the thread

The project is now completed!
Enjoy tranquillity. Paint reality with the colours of your imagination.

Primum Soft Website and Blog