Anyone read this funny manga about a VN player?

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: Anyone read this funny manga about a VN player?

#16 Post by MaiMai »

Ohoho, yes I've read it and I love that series. *___* I love how it stopped short of the "find girl with VN stereotype of problem, kiss her, problem solved" formula-- to me it doesn't seem like a lather rinse repeat process, especially with how the recent chapter that's been released has been shaping up. But everyone including the girls that have to be saved are hilarious. (ex. Kanon and the stun guns :( )
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#17 Post by JQuartz »

me wrote:please don't let this comic ending be that what we are watching/reading is a visual novel in its self
Ugh, if it is then it's really disappointing. It's like watching some really good movie and then ends with "Oh, it's all just a dream". Given that the author could make such a good story, he wouldn't be unable to come up with a good ending. If he makes the "Oh this VN is fun" ending, he's intentionally trying to piss us off.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

#18 Post by Jo'ogn »

It seems that it is deliberately left open-ended: 60.000 escaped spirits to catch... >_> After some 50 chapters they caught like 10 of them *ponders* 300.000 chapters?

I wonder if there will be a way for him to 'cancel' the contract, like falling in love with Elsee, marry her and have 5 children with her or sth, turning him into a demon district chief himself... It seems this story is open for pretty random turn of events ^_~

I'd like to see the original dialogue of the April's Fool they did with the 'teacher in training' though.
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

Lucifiel
Regular

#19 Post by Lucifiel »

It's just too much fun. :p The body swapping incident also had me sniggering non-stop.

Sheru-chan
Regular

#20 Post by Sheru-chan »

oh, i've read this before! Yeah, it is indeed funny(and at first i thought the guy was a woman)
reading it so far... i personally think though that as the chapters are getting longer and longer... there are some that wer already fillers and isn't really important to the plot...i don't want to let it end that way though......
Currently working on:
Lock On! ~Sins and Atonement~ in hiatus
GXB game.
---------------------------------------
Imouto Complex is active.

playswithtribbles
Regular
Projects: 'Paths of Twilight' A Fantasy GxB game with a RPG flavor. Sprites: 18% Script: 35-38% BGs: 18% Music: 100%

#21 Post by playswithtribbles »

Oh yeah! I read that one a while back. Before I was even interested in Visual Novels.

Maybe that's what started my addiction..?

I wonder if someone really could obtain 'God-like' dating abilities if all they did was play dating simulations.
Maybe someone should start an experiment on that...
-Dark Helmet-"And so you see Lonestar, that evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb."