Utsukushii Planet - 2nd french demo released

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#121 Post by monele »

For free 3D, there's Blender. But it's definitely *not* user-friendly at first :/. And it's not meant just for sceneries (which is a good thing if you want to do more... a bad thing if you just want a simple scenery maker).
Otherwise, I just don't know of any wormhole maker :/.... Hmm.... Photoshop maybe. I used another technique for animation you haven't seen yet. Don't know if you could make a wormhole with it though.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#122 Post by Watercolorheart »

monele wrote:For free 3D, there's Blender. But it's definitely *not* user-friendly at first :/. And it's not meant just for sceneries (which is a good thing if you want to do more... a bad thing if you just want a simple scenery maker).
Otherwise, I just don't know of any wormhole maker :/.... Hmm.... Photoshop maybe. I used another technique for animation you haven't seen yet. Don't know if you could make a wormhole with it though.
Actually, I found out that Chaoscope is a bit more powerful than I gave it credit for, and learned how to make a neat and completely useless effect <3.

Well, not useless ... I've been trying to find a way to visually display Yukina's godview and it's not easy.

Chaoscope has this little "animate" option occasionally ... and combined with Fraps (which mikey recommended to me for capturing movies on your screen), I managed to get some decent realtime footage that looks like particle paths :).

This is so off-topic now...

~~~~~~~

I finally went and played to the priestess. I like her already, and she's got a pretty name... what color is her hair, BTW?
I'm not even the same person anymore

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#123 Post by monele »

Checked their gallery and it seems great for anything abstract or surrealistic :). If you pull off Yukina's vision, it'll be really neat ^.^
Does Chaoscope display stuff in accelerated 3D ? ô_o (I suppose so since Fraps shouldn't be able to capture anything else).

---

Strange flower that the Passiflore ^.^

http://www.aujardin.info/plantes/passiflore.php
http://www.bouture.com/passiflore.htm

I actually edited the faces so they have the right color ^.^. So ya, it's this soft purple. Eyes were edited too... and it's green... *slightly* leaning towards yellow.
Amy's faces were also edited for the hair and eyes colors. Hair = slightly dark red hair. Eyes = olive green.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#124 Post by Watercolorheart »

monele wrote:Checked their gallery and it seems great for anything abstract or surrealistic :). If you pull off Yukina's vision, it'll be really neat ^.^
Does Chaoscope display stuff in accelerated 3D ? ô_o (I suppose so since Fraps shouldn't be able to capture anything else).
I have no idea what accelerated 3d is. ^^;;
---

Strange flower that the Passiflore ^.^

http://www.aujardin.info/plantes/passiflore.php
http://www.bouture.com/passiflore.htm

I actually edited the faces so they have the right color ^.^. So ya, it's this soft purple. Eyes were edited too... and it's green... *slightly* leaning towards yellow.
Amy's faces were also edited for the hair and eyes colors. Hair = slightly dark red hair. Eyes = olive green.
Great, I loved that combination.

[/edit]

Here's the deviation of that thing I described before: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40430897/ It's sorta weird. It's actually a 3d structure in motion, even if it doesn't look like it ...
I'm not even the same person anymore

Nafai
Veteran
Projects: Elect: Ascendance

#125 Post by Nafai »

So much for trying blender for my backgrounds then :(

MMmmm... Want my expanded English demo now... *drools* I need to resist playing the French version, because I'll end up shaking the screen asking what the heck is going on :P

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#126 Post by monele »

I have no idea what accelerated 3d is. ^^;;
Hmm... it's a mode where your video card processes the graphics, instead of your processor. It's dedicated, it's optimized, it's faster.... and usually prettier. When playing any recent 3D game, you're using accelerated 3D.
So much for trying blender for my backgrounds then
Again, you *can* use it. It's just that I find it better for less organic things (the cave crate was made with Blender).
MMmmm... Want my expanded English demo now... *drools* I need to resist playing the French version, because I'll end up shaking the screen asking what the heck is going on
I'll try to have this ready asap ^^;

BCS is too lazy to sign in

Re: Utsukushii Planet - 2nd french demo released

#127 Post by BCS is too lazy to sign in »

Has there been some motion on this yet, now that Magical Boutique is finished? Or was another topic created for the finished one and I missed it?

I really have a soft spot for certain scenarios and characters ... the priestess and the cat girl ... :3

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#128 Post by monele »

Nope... I've been having a hard time making progress of any of my projects. But at least UP is now in my "possible future project" list instead of "abandoned" ^^;...

UP is the most story heavy (or at least text heavy) project I have... but I still think the story sucks. It was done bit after bit with no preparation and it shows ^^;... If it ends up being the project I work on, I'll probably salvage the characters and locations and do something new.

Oh, technically, I was supposed to release the english translation of the whole intro... but after many tries, I've called it quits. Translating so much text is a killer (so boring! >.<...). Never... ever... will I do a project in french again @_@

Care sharing which scenarios you liked? It will help me see what parts I should keep from the original, if any.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#129 Post by Blue Lemma »

Seems like you have a bit of a ToL2 on your paws, eh? :wink:
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#130 Post by monele »

I might have more than one ^^;... It's just... I'm getting sooo lazy... and wanting to do even more things than before (MagBou) and... obviously, it doesn't make things any easier ^^;.

My longest productive period was during my last years of school. That's actually when I started planning projects, drawing lots of characters, making up stories for them... and I actually put everything into a single project, which makes it a huge pot pourri. And it all worked because, while I wanted to make something out of all this, I never really knew what it would be (comics? game? animation? novel?). I created a world and populated it without really caring that much about the final medium.
But now... now I can't help but think of what it will be in the end... it feels like I'm wasting my time if I can't have at least some vision of the final product... but it seems to also kill my inspiration because I put too much pressure on myself ô_o...

/end of rant

BCS is too lazy to sign in again

#131 Post by BCS is too lazy to sign in again »

My memories a little fuzzy on what I actually PLAYED ... all I'm left with is impressions ...

Definitely the first scenario when you rescue the catgirl out of the box is one of the strongest. Also, the one where you meet the priestess (I think it was landing on the planet to escape the firefight?) I was less fascinated by the story of that, then the experience of meeting her and seeing a little bit of culture. But, then, I'm strongly imposing my Ursula Le Guin impressions on that ... if you can get a hold of either of those books I just linked to (maybe your college library, like I did?) especially the first, I think that you will see what I mean.

Oh, and please make the computer a datable character :3 I have a HUGE liking for true machines and A.I.— listening to the lovely voice of the Mobile Suit in Ender's Game always makes me wish there was a holographic representation of her.

BCS also struggles with writing

#132 Post by BCS also struggles with writing »

I just read the last part, and I understand completely. I know exactly where Controlled Chaos: Second Origins will go, but it's the journey of writing to get there and keep tabs on all the loose ends in my mind that's the most important thing.

(I had to go back and actually edit something in Chapter Five because I messed up halfway through Chapter Ten—I'm currently writing it—but it was minor enough. It was in the description, not the dialogue.)

I'm actually having to go back through it and re-read it ... as I do, I'm slowly seeing the way Yukina and Bion talk about their experiences in that past tense, and weaving that back through Chapter Ten. ("I would find out later on that ... " "I had no way of knowing then but ... " "The small nagging doubt in the back of my mind, like I was missing something important ... " "Even then, during that time, I ... "— the first person equivalent of "little did he know" to "little did I know ... ")

It's important to immerse yourself in the story again. Dig out your old notebooks. Most of all, replay your own game! This is a crucial step! Write down what you would like to fix or fix it on the spot in your script, and then lose yourself ... let yourself play your own game and experience it with the gap of several months of not thinking about it ... the story looks different now, doesn't it, when it's lost the urgency welling in you to write the next scenario?

I have to do it with Rook's Mark because I forgot the little things (like names of places, events on paths, times and dates); I'm sure you will too ...

rocket
Veteran
Projects: Starlight Ep0, Ep1

#133 Post by rocket »

Um.. is this demo still available anywhere? I didn't even know this project existed until the MB2 thread...

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Utsukushii Planet - 2nd french demo released (updated)

#134 Post by monele »

Here's the latest version :

http://download.yousendit.com/F0B9150D38CCDEAF

It uses ye olde Ren'Py so if you're using a Mac or Linux, you'll probably need one of the launchers, sorry.
I probably translated a bit more in english than the last time. I quickly checked it and it seems a big part of the Arena and ??? parts are done. A few of the ship conversations are done too (two characters or something).
Basically, when it hasn't been translated, either you'll get the french lines, or it'll skip all the text and only show graphics (play guess-what-happened ^^;...). But you *can* reach the end even though you'll get some french parts.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#135 Post by monele »

Has anyone ever tried this last version btw? ^^;