Blue Lemma's Development Journal

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#121 Post by mikey »

Timezones suck, I know. I remember being away and all the Slovak chatrooms were empty when I wanted to talk a bit :cry: I was one lonely mikey :(

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#122 Post by Taleweaver »

Latest update on MetroBlues: I've recently taken up coding my story into the format used by the game's interpreter - BL had already done half of that before, but it was essentially stupid musclework without an inch of creativity. So I've decided to finish that part so that the nice stuff remains for BL - essentially, editing and directing the stuff. Piecing art and music together should be a little more satisfying than just attaching numbers to some text another person has written.

I won't be making any promises (especially since BL's midterms are this week), but I hope we can finish that project until the end of February.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#123 Post by Blue Lemma »

March 29, 2005 - Great news! I'm all moved into my new apartment for the next 6 months. I'm on my own, getting another much-needed helping of independence 8) Ah, I feel the creative juices flowing better already! I've been wanting to make this my fresh start, and I think I'll be able to. Just need to finish hooking up some computer stuff :D

By the way, congratulations to all you successful NaNoRenO game makers! 8) :D :wink:

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#124 Post by mikey »

Go Blue go! Bring us some games soon! :P

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#125 Post by chronoluminaire »

mikey wrote:Go Blue go! Bring us some games soon! :P
Like he said :wink:

darkknight
Veteran

#126 Post by darkknight »

GOOOOOO blue it is nice to be on your own...I had that feeling once...and good luck with the juices...
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#127 Post by Blue Lemma »

April 22, 2005 - Yes, I actually am working on games ^_^ I'm also working at a full-time job, too, so I get tired by the end of the day (and the beginning of the day for that matter.) There's been new stuff happening in my life lately, so I'll keep you guys posted if anything interesting comes of it...

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#128 Post by Megaman Z »

please do keep us posted...

(also, is it just me or is BL's avi not showing up?)
~Kitsune Zeta

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#129 Post by Blue Lemma »

(Nope, it's not just you ^^)

This week was one I will never forget... for good and bad reasons both (but mostly bad >_>) Anyway, wow.

I'm going to work on DirectX game developing and better programming practices from now on, but I'll still work on making code portable. I'm going to give C# a shot since I've used it at work and was pretty impressed, and it has native DirectX support 8)

Taleweaver: I haven't forgotten you >_> I copied the MB files to the computer that I'm developing on now (instead of the one that's sitting there now) but I really am sorry about the bad wait and stuff I've caused you. :cry:

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#130 Post by Blue Lemma »

June 4, 2005 - Well, it's finally happened >_< I just can't bring myself to finish up MB. This is in no way Taleweaver's fault at all. He's provided me with everything I need to do it, and the story is a good one. However, I've learned that it's very hard for me to work on a game with someone else's story. I think maybe this is because MB isn't a "Lemma-style" story and so it's harder for me to get super-psyched up about it, but that's probably just an excuse. In any case, this has been weighing on me, and so I've contacted Taleweaver and told him about this. If anyone here can program or write Ren'Py script or whatever, and is interested in working on MB, please let Taleweaver know!
I think it is good for everyone for me to drop this project (not the best solution, but it's better than what's been happening...) because Taleweaver will be able to find someone more capable of doing a prompt job of helping his game become a reality, and I will be able to move on, as well. Hopefully my experience gained from this will help me know my limitations and motivations better for the future.
Taleweaver, I deeply apologize. I know this has been a lot of waiting and disappointment for you. :(

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer

#131 Post by Taleweaver »

Apology accepted, Captain Lemma :)

I've already started a new thread in the GameDev-Forum to look for a new programmer. If anybody's interested, feel free to drop me a line.
More about me in my blog

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#132 Post by Blue Lemma »

Thank you for understanding so graciously, and I wish you great luck in finishing up :wink:

lina inverse
Regular
Location: im stucked in a big pitt in the Auburn Wilderness :'( for the twentyest time this year!! F*CK!

#133 Post by lina inverse »

Taleweaver wrote:Apology accepted, Captain Lemma :)

I've already started a new thread in the GameDev-Forum to look for a new programmer. If anybody's interested, feel free to drop me a line.

i can program good, butt...
red hair
not tall
very cute

money, boys, sex, games, sport and shoping is all

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#134 Post by Taleweaver »

Sorry, Lina, the team is complete, and MetroBlues is already in its final production phases now. It's all a question of how quickly Kikered gets the editing and programming done. (If this were a film production, he'd be something like a director and editor combined...)
More about me in my blog

lina inverse
Regular
Location: im stucked in a big pitt in the Auburn Wilderness :'( for the twentyest time this year!! F*CK!

#135 Post by lina inverse »

u know some people that can help me with my game??
please tell
Last edited by lina inverse on Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
red hair
not tall
very cute

money, boys, sex, games, sport and shoping is all