Utsukushii Planet - 2nd french demo released

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Utsukushii Planet - 2nd french demo released

#136 Post by DaFool »

It's been some time since I tried it, but I remember the english portion was a huge chunk already.

Do you have a complete French version? Why not release it ala Felix, Gaijin with the caveat that the english translation will be done sometime, but not promising any set dates.

I remember you mentioning translating was one of the biggest headaches here.

Out of all the kickass projects you have, isn't this the one most closest to completion? From my experience, completing a second game gives the added confidence that it will be easier to complete subsequent games because you will plan them better (It's still not so sure after completing one's first game).

It's like having kids -- the first kid is overwhelming, but you can't be too confident as a parent until the second kid pops out. After that, the laws of efficiency take over, with each subsequent kid taking less effort and less expense (except of course, if one is limited to a two-parent household).

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#137 Post by monele »

Well umm... the current motto is "no more translating... ever", so if it's ever done, it won't be by me ^^;...
And the french version was already released... Well... actually it's just a few posts above (iow : both languages are in the same package :p). Ok, maybe it was not released in a super official way with website and all but eh... it really doesn't feel fresh enough anymore for me to go through this ^^;. I reserve myself the possibility of remaking UP later, but for now, this is pretty much the final version.

(oh yeah, and I can't really release it officially while it's full of copyrighted stuff and unfinished drawings :p)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#138 Post by DaFool »

The difference between a 'complete' game and an 'incomplete' one is merely a technicality, sometimes. Other times its the feeling of whether you just know the author really intends to continue the story or is satisfied with a short teaser (e.g. Destiny Earth compared, to say, the extended chapter about a Harpy's escape, forgot its name right now)
... it really doesn't feel fresh enough anymore for me to go through this ^^;. I reserve myself the possibility of remaking UP later, but for now, this is pretty much the final version.
Hmmm... the latest link is expired... Can you PM me an unobfuscated game directory? If you're up to it, can you also send a map or description of the paths and the endings? (In English, please :lol: , considering I'll be playing the French part) I'm willing to "redraw" all the copyrighted images (please indicated which, especially with those which look professional but are in fact original). Also, to 'finish' the unfinished drawings...painting them more or less magbou-style.

We might need to remove the english portion altogether so it will be standalone in French. Also, the testing will be done on latest Ren'Py -- hopefully it won't give too much trouble. As for hosting... if not on eviscerate, it will be no problem to host on magbou.visualnews -- just send over a single-paragraph French description or so, that should suffice, and I'll patch up the rest.

It's up to you, man. But I can also understand the feeling of not wanting to touch something after so many months / years.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#139 Post by monele »

I really don't want to have a french-only version, to be honest. I really don't think it'll work the same as the MagBou speedy release :). UP is just too far from being finished for that... and story-wise, there's no real way to make this into a "complete" experience. You should focus on better projects than this one ^_^.
Myself, I'd rather focus on MB2 for now, too. I just asked to know if my reposting served any purpose in the end. And I don't mind reposting again if someone wants to take a look, but I'm not putting this in Completed Games ;)