Worst anime you have ever watched?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Data Junkie

Re: Worst anime you have ever watched?

#16 Post by Data Junkie »

Efreet wrote:Gundam SEED Destiny was terrible, Neon Genesis Evanglion was much better.
I'd say they were about the same level of terrible, honestly. Then again, the only Gundam series I liked was G Gundam, because it was hilariously cheesy, so I'm probably not the right person to judge.

J. Datie
Veteran

#17 Post by J. Datie »

I'm pretty sure this topic exists somewhere on this forum, but hey, if it means I get to complain about Lamune, I'm all for it. Seriously, the entire first episode consisted entirely of the main character bugging his love interest, and then she would go all like "ohhhh nooooo, stooooop." For the entire episode. Literally, there was no other plot or character development. Most shows would be content with just dropping a few scenes that establish what stereotypes the characters are, but oh no, not Lamune. It needs to be constantly reminding the audience that these aren't your average, annoying eroge type characters. No, no, these are your average, annoying eroge characters to the extreme. OK, now I'm just ranting, but I still can't get over how they actually dedicated the entire first episode just to two shallow character traits.

Jacket
Projects: Untitled, at the moment

#18 Post by Jacket »

wut r u guise talking aboot

Macross is a prequel to Gundam and Evangelion is a deconstruction.

Duh.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬​▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

N U L I - S E C U N D U S

I write shit.

I'll link you in my signature sometime, bay-bay.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#19 Post by LVUER »

Gundam SEED is terrible, story wise. It's basically only tells you about genocide. One race hates another. Gundam wise, it's no so bad (the first 5 gundam is pretty awesome). But what make it so bad for me is that the story is very similar to the original Gundam (0079 UC). And SEED Destiny is also very similar to Z Gundam.... Also, OO Gundam is similar to Gundam W. Gosh, couldn't they be more creative? Gundam Unicorn is taken from novel, not Sunrise original story.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#20 Post by HikkiPanda »

Durarara! .. It has awesome cast, unconventional story, great directing, etc .. but after episode 17, it turned into a cheap soap opera whose characters keep misunderstand each other ... . for 7 episodes ... .

their problem actually can be solved in 1-2 episodes, simply by talking to each other ... . Anri knows half the problem, Celty knows everything, but they decided to keep silent ... the result is facepalm fest on my part >.< .. for 7 episodes

plus .. the last boss is just a random thug ... . the fact that this guy can turn the main characters life into hell is definitely embarrassing ...

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#21 Post by Taleweaver »

Candidate for Goddess. What a poor, petty excuse for what could have been an awesome scifi story, killed brutally by the blandest protagonist and the most useless supporting cast ever. Add to that the mediocre animation and the uninspired mecha concepts and you have a truly awful show.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#22 Post by PyTom »

Taleweaver wrote:Candidate for Goddess. What a poor, petty excuse for what could have been an awesome scifi story, killed brutally by the blandest protagonist and the most useless supporting cast ever. Add to that the mediocre animation and the uninspired mecha concepts and you have a truly awful show.
It also had the distinction of being one of the few shows told entirely in exposition. The narrator kept explaining new concepts and complexity, and then the show ended before anything important happened. (Then they made an OVA that explained new concepts to us.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#23 Post by yummy »

Vampire Hunter D. I think it was the lamest way to describe a post-apocalyptic world, filled with neo-gothic creatures, with a teaspoon of pseudo-western.
The pace was slow, the music horrible, the story able to generate 3 facepalms per minute.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#24 Post by lordcloudx »

Brain Powerd is without doubt the worst anime I've ever seen. I saw the English dubbed version on Animax Asia and felt that aside from having only some semblance of a plot that things just kept happening one after the other from one episode to the next with no transition whatsoever and what's worse, all the characters seemed quite fine with this, possibly because it wasn't like they had bipolar personalities, it was more like "multi-polar" (coined by me) where every character was hot and then cold and then lukewarm and then frozen in the next instant with no explanation as to why. Oh and by the way, without being sarcastic, I like the horrendously loud, nearly abusive vocals in the opening song.
huzzah! Before the thought police come along, WARNING for some degree of nudity... although they let it slide in youtube, so it's not that bad.

Oh and... Haibane Renmei is a close second. No, really. Why do people praise this thing so much? We have emo winged people, a bunch of cultists, some girl who smokes and a whole lot of pseudo-philosophical dialogue all thrown together into a pastel-colored anime salad. Is that supposed to make it an effin masterpiece? (prepares for eloquently flavored ad hominem response)

I used to think the To Heart anime was pretty bad with the half of the first ep consisting of the class leader neatly tearing strips of paper with a ruler, but in hindsight, it was actually pretty entertaining compared to pseudo-artistic nothing.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#25 Post by Taleweaver »

lordcloudx wrote:Oh and... Haibane Renmei is a close second. No, really. Why do people praise this thing so much?
Because it's an effin' masterpiece, wonderfully melancholic without ever getting sappy, has one of the most beautiful metaphors ever for one of the most difficult themes imaginable...
suicide
(prepares for eloquently flavored ad hominem response)
...and you, mylord(cloudx) deserve to be tortured by being forced to watch all of Dragonball Z dubbed into English. Back to back. Without a pause. At a volume that makes it impossible for you to sleep.

(Only because you asked for it.)
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Data Junkie

#26 Post by Data Junkie »

HikkiPanda wrote:Durarara! .. It has awesome cast, unconventional story, great directing, etc .. but after episode 17, it turned into a cheap soap opera whose characters keep misunderstand each other ... . for 7 episodes ... .

their problem actually can be solved in 1-2 episodes, simply by talking to each other ... . Anri knows half the problem, Celty knows everything, but they decided to keep silent ... the result is facepalm fest on my part >.< .. for 7 episodes

plus .. the last boss is just a random thug ... . the fact that this guy can turn the main characters life into hell is definitely embarrassing ...
Man, if only seven faceplam-worthy episodes and a sort of lame Big Bad are all it takes to make a show the worst anime you've ever watched, you either have ridiculously high standards or have not watched enough anime. This can be solved by watching Doomed Megalopolis, Queen's Blade, and Garzy's Wing back-to-back.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#27 Post by lordcloudx »

@Taleweaver: lol! Actually, that's a bit less subtle than the kind I was fishing for.

In any case, regarding Haibane Renmei, it's probably because of this:
Taleweaver wrote:wonderfully melancholic without ever getting sappy
That I find it so half-assed and pretentious in the first place. It doesn't even do anything effectively. If it wants get you thinking, it definitely needs stronger and more explicit hints like in Kinou's Journey. If it wants to be melancholic, I'd rather it get all sappy instead of pretending not be sappy while wanting you to think that it should be sappy. In the end, all it ever does is remain neutral and boring, not to mention confusing. It's basically a whole lot of nothing hiding beneath a thin facade of artistic interpretation. Of course, this is my opinion. In fact, I'd rather watch any iteration of DBZ compared to it because DBZ is straightforward, fun and doesn't require you to know that "the lion is Jesus!" in order to enjoy it. Heck, you don't even need to understand what they're saying since they're mostly trying to beat the crap out of each other.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#28 Post by HikkiPanda »

Regarding Eva, the original is just plain weird and doesn't make sense .. but I really love Evangelion Rebuild, Shinji is less angst and 200% more badass, Asuka is less tsun and more dere dere, and Rei become so adorable XD. I'm looking forward for 3.0 and 4.0 :D
lordcloudx wrote:Brain Powerd is without doubt the worst anime I've ever seen. I saw the English dubbed version on Animax Asia and felt that aside from having only some semblance of a plot that things just kept happening one after the other from one episode to the next with no transition whatsoever and what's worse, all the characters seemed quite fine with this, possibly because it wasn't like they had bipolar personalities, it was more like "multi-polar" (coined by me) where every character was hot and then cold and then lukewarm and then frozen in the next instant with no explanation as to why. Oh and by the way, without being sarcastic, I like the horrendously loud, nearly abusive vocals in the opening song.
huzzah! Before the thought police come along, WARNING for some degree of nudity... although they let it slide in youtube, so it's not that bad.
ooh, agree XD ! I watch e few episodes of Brain Powerd and dropped it. I generally dislike Tomino's work, including his gundams. His work is usually devoid of feeling (I don't feel sad when an important character died, well .. it's hard to feel sad because even that character's friends don't look that sad either and move on with no problem .. >.>) and the plot is just plain weird. His directing skills is definitely terrible, just like you said, things keep happening one another rapidly with no transition at all (even when someone dies, he/she is quickly forgotten by his/her friend ).

I do like some non-Tomino's Gundams though, like War in the Pocket, Stardust Memory, and Gundam Unicorn
Data Junkie wrote:Man, if only seven faceplam-worthy episodes and a sort of lame Big Bad are all it takes to make a show the worst anime you've ever watched, you either have ridiculously high standards or have not watched enough anime. This can be solved by watching Doomed Megalopolis, Queen's Blade, and Garzy's Wing back-to-back.
Thanks, but no thanks! there is now way I will watch those XD
Last edited by HikkiPanda on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacket
Projects: Untitled, at the moment

#29 Post by Jacket »

I don't really have a worst, mang, but ooh:

Boku No Pico. Goddamn, dat anime is so gr8.

N U L I - S E C U N D U S

I write shit.

I'll link you in my signature sometime, bay-bay.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#30 Post by LVUER »

Since we're talking about Tomino and Gundam... at least Brain Powerd have a happy end. Not like V Gundam, RAAAAAGE (o__o#)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW