Project Nattsu

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#16 Post by PyTom »

Jake wrote:At least one of the lecture theatres where I went to university had a blackboard about twice as tall as a man and roughly as wide as the theatre, divided into three sections horizontally and mounted on pulleys so they could be raised and lowered to allow the lecturer to reach...
The older lecture halls at the university I work for have that. The newer ones tend to have big rear-projection TVs, and relatively small blackboards.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#17 Post by Hime »

Thank you a lot for the photos, Recca Phoenix. ^^

And to say something about the Project, I've been diligent, which means I finished all the chara-art lineart and coloured Anna and Mimi yesterday. (Mimi ended up having light blue ribbons. :)) And I'm writing the ending scenes, too! Two of them are complete at the moment. Most of the background photos are in my hands now, if not all of them, though I've yet to edit them (which is mostly resizing and editing contrasts and stuff like that, so nothing big). The character art and writing will be completed next week, I think. Then I'll send Recca Phoenix the demo and continue to the CGs and backgrounds. So we're progressing! Yey!

Hime
Veteran

#18 Post by Hime »

Progress:
Programming - ??% ~ I haven't yet customized the looks of the game, but otherwise it's quite complete, I think.
Writing - 80% ~ Writing the endings, currectly 3/6 written, but those written might need some corrections.
Character art - 100%
Music - 0% - The music task for Recca Phoenix will begin when the writing is finished.
Backgrounds - 30% - Most of the BG photos are now in my hands, but I might need one more... Then I'll just have to edit and resize them to fit the game.

I was very hard-working this morning so... Yes, yes, the character art is finally ready! \o/ (Or I think so, at least. :D)
So here's a preview pic of the character art, with the default expressions and casual clothes. Myself I'm very satisfied with the art, though it could have been better, too. (I think the worst side is that I only made one pose for each character... But I don't think I'll be correcting it anymore since I've already done all the expressions and the clothes (though each of them has only two outfits) with this pose. Well, anyway.) I would love to hear your opnions, and I hope you like it. :) I tried my best.

I'm sorry for that big, ugly copyright mark. ^^; I just felt like I should add it.
Attachments
chara_art_preview.png

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#19 Post by DaFool »

Looking really nice :D
Regarding watermarks, thats ok. Many people don't want their art to be commandeered to be used for other purposes (I'm sometimes guilty of that myself). It's also a main factor why public demos are discouraged...so that the first time people see an art assett, they associate it instantly with the first place they see it in, which is in-game. Once that in-game association is solidified by more exposure, it will be pretty hard to dispute that you own the copyright.

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#20 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Those look great. I hope this game'll become reality. :D

Good luck! I've got to work with the same diligence on my game!

even if my drawings aren't as good as yours... *sniffles, sniffles*

Hime
Veteran

#21 Post by Hime »

PrettySammy09 wrote:Those look great. I hope this game'll become reality. :D

Good luck! I've got to work with the same diligence on my game!

even if my drawings aren't as good as yours... *sniffles, sniffles*
Thank you a lot, and good luck with your game, too! ^^

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#22 Post by mikey »

Hime wrote:I'm sorry for that big, ugly copyright mark. ^^; I just felt like I should add it.
:( :( Well, now I can't make a good picture for my list from it. Oh well. :roll:

Hime
Veteran

#23 Post by Hime »

mikey wrote:
Hime wrote:I'm sorry for that big, ugly copyright mark. ^^; I just felt like I should add it.
:( :( Well, now I can't make a good picture for my list from it. Oh well. :roll:
Uh... Well, it isn't a screenshot of the game so it wouldn't be a good one anyway. But I think I can send you a screenshot when I finish the demo. :) (Which won't be public, and available only for some possible spellcheckers and Recca Phoenix. But it will have the graphics, yay!)

Recca Phoenix
Veteran

#24 Post by Recca Phoenix »

I'm very sorry, but I don't think I'll be able to do the music. I am going on indefinite hiatus from game-making because it is too time-consuming and there's too many other things I have to do. -_-;;

Very sorry, but unless you want to wait an unspecified amount of time (like years?) I don't think I can do it.....

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#25 Post by DaFool »

I can try to make music.

But not too much pressure, I need to fulfill other obligations first.

Hime
Veteran

#26 Post by Hime »

You don't have to be sorry, Recca Phoenix, rather, I have to be grateful for your co-operation this far. Thank you. ^^

Hmm, it's great that you're volunteering, DaFool. :) I don't recall hearing any of your music this far, so could you link me a sample or a couple of them? I'm kind of curious, that's why. ^^ One possibility would be that Nattsu would contain music from many different artists, too... If I find many artists that would like to create music for the game.

And secondly, is the system that we had with Recca Phoenix (I write the game and make some graphics, send the demo, you play and then we discuss which scenes need the music of their own and stuff like that and then you create the music) okay with you?

And about the progress, I'm having a lot of urgent duties with school so I haven't had much time for Nattsu, but I've saved the character art to transparent .png and started to set them to the script. And I have tried to customize the game appearance, but the results aren't too good due to my inexperience. ^^; But at the time, that isn't the most serious matter, though I think I will correct it before the demo release.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#27 Post by DaFool »

Well I've only gotten into composing after realizing the RAA was strict on copyright...so its more of a necessity for making games.

I've composed only 15 tracks so far...don't have any repository like other musicians here

I guess I'm just a build-to-order kinda production artist.

Anyway, since I have no other useful samples, here are the tracks, one for Magical Boutique and another for Hardcastle and Cromwell. The one for H&C was tweaked, added to, and mixed by Alessio who was kind enough to help me get through the hurdle when first starting out.
Attachments
production_samples.rar
(2.49 MiB) Downloaded 82 times

Hime
Veteran

#28 Post by Hime »

I listened to your samples and... Oh my, they sounded like I'm going to have a very amazing artist doing music for Nattsu! In other words... I am very impressed! I love those songs... ^^ So then, welcome to the Project, DaFool!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#29 Post by monele »

It does seem like you don't need any more convincing, so I'll just say you've made a good choice ^^

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#30 Post by DaFool »

I'm flattered, thanks.

That cooperation method you suggested seems ok as well.

But please look for ways to minimize having to use a new tune...if there are places a tune can be recycled all the better. I don't think any game should need 10 songs besides epic ones, really. Also please have an idea of what kind of instruments you have in mind for a particular scene.

I probably won't be able to start on this officially until after NaNoRenO.

Speaking of which, I was also originally planning to donate to NaNoRenO until I realized I can still salvage some tunes, and frankly, if I rejected some tunes, why would someone else want to use them...it's not fair. And I'm still thinking of doing something for Controlled Chaos, hmmm...

Anyway, first things first...

...must...get...MagBou...out...
...then get working full-gear on Winter Heart...
...get those Victorian sprites out before end of March...
...then Hardcastle and Cromwell battle sequences...
...not to mention take a look at some abandoned scripts...