Heartbaked <3 [NaNo 2016][comedy][GxB romance]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Re: Heartbaked <3 [NaNo 2016][comedy][GxB]

#16 Post by minyan »

Kowai wrote:Oh those boys! OwO
I like Carver a lot! Look-wise he's my favorite. But heh, I'm biased on red/dark pink haired characters. |D
xD Carver's my favorite. Though lately Radley has been coming in at a close second...

Radley's route is on it's way and the choice buttons have been completed! Doing the GUI for this is making me so hungry.

Some screenshots:
Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 8.56.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 8.56.42 PM.png
ImageImage

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

Re: Heartbaked <3 [NaNo 2016][comedy][GxB romance]

#17 Post by Harliqueen »

I'm not sure there are actual words to describe how excited I am for this!!! It looks incredible, your art is just delicious (see what I did there? ;) ).

Seriously though, I cannot wait for this! It sounds like it's gonna be tons of fun. Good luck with it all :D
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#18 Post by minyan »

Harliqueen wrote:I'm not sure there are actual words to describe how excited I am for this!!! It looks incredible, your art is just delicious (see what I did there? ;) ).

Seriously though, I cannot wait for this! It sounds like it's gonna be tons of fun. Good luck with it all :D
Thanks so much! I'm excited too aaah and all the sprites are finished! >w<

I remember your nano project from last year, it was great. It'll be awesome to hear feedback from you (you're so awesomely talented like seriously ; ; )

Are you doing Nano this year or just sticking with Courting the Seasons for now?

Okay so I know I said Carver was my favorite, and I still love him, but... Radley.... that smile... my heart...
ImageImage

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#19 Post by MimirollCookie »

The screen shots of the GUI is cute. :)
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

yoshibb
Veteran

#20 Post by yoshibb »

Your sprites and art are so adorable and I love the theme! The GUI looks really cool too. Baking is something I love to do, so I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun with this game. Can't wait to see more of it :)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by minyan »

MimirollCookie wrote:The screen shots of the GUI is cute. :)
Thanks! For now going to save the rest as a surprise. :>
yoshibb wrote:Your sprites and art are so adorable and I love the theme! The GUI looks really cool too. Baking is something I love to do, so I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun with this game. Can't wait to see more of it :)
Thanks! I'm not much of a baker myself but I do love eating baked goods. Overtime I work on this though I get so hungry.

Update!

The diary pages have been completed! Track your progress through the ten chapters as you awkwardly throw yourself into romance's embrace.
ImageImage

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#22 Post by Harliqueen »

minyan wrote:
Harliqueen wrote:I'm not sure there are actual words to describe how excited I am for this!!! It looks incredible, your art is just delicious (see what I did there? ;) ).

Thanks so much! I'm excited too aaah and all the sprites are finished! >w<

I remember your nano project from last year, it was great. It'll be awesome to hear feedback from you (you're so awesomely talented like seriously ; ; )

Are you doing Nano this year or just sticking with Courting the Seasons for now?

Okay so I know I said Carver was my favorite, and I still love him, but... Radley.... that smile... my heart...
Ahh, thank you so much! I am doing NaNo this year. I really need to make a logo thing to go in my sig :D

I'm seriously falling in love with Radley, and oh my word your colouring is lush- the shading, the colour palette, everything! I cannot wait for this game!!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#23 Post by Weenily »

This is adorable!! I love the concept and the GUI looks so good I really want to go eat some pastries. Radley is SO rad and I need him and his radiant smile in my life. :')
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by minyan »

Harliqueen wrote: Ahh, thank you so much! I am doing NaNo this year. I really need to make a logo thing to go in my sig :D

I'm seriously falling in love with Radley, and oh my word your colouring is lush- the shading, the colour palette, everything! I cannot wait for this game!!
Yes I'd love to check it out! Aw thank you so much that makes me so happy ; ; I was experimenting with a new coloring style so I'm really happy to hear you like it!

Weenily wrote:This is adorable!! I love the concept and the GUI looks so good I really want to go eat some pastries. Radley is SO rad and I need him and his radiant smile in my life. :')
YES another one for the Radley club. Averxy will be happy haha xD Doing the GUI for this has been a struggle. It really makes me just want to go out and buy all of the pastries. I'm glad you like it!
ImageImage

Averxy
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
Projects: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Organization: fablesoft.itch.io
Tumblr: FablesoftStudios

#25 Post by Averxy »

Hey everyone!
I'm one of the two writers for this sweet (hah) game! I wanted to pop in and say thank you to everyone who has commented so far. Your support is really amazing <3

Right now I'm working on writing Radley's route and I'm so happy that people are liking him! So much motivation~
Harliqueen wrote:I'm seriously falling in love with Radley, and oh my word your colouring is lush- the shading, the colour palette, everything! I cannot wait for this game!!
I have seriously fallen in love with Radley. (I swear I'm not picking favourites.)
Weenily wrote:This is adorable!! I love the concept and the GUI looks so good I really want to go eat some pastries. Radley is SO rad and I need him and his radiant smile in my life. :')
His smile <3 I couldn't agree more
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
WIP: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Check out Arena Circus, The Pretenders Guild, and Mnemonic Devices by Minyan!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by try10 »

This seems like a fun and cute game to play. The charaters are interesting and the art is pretty. Good luck!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#27 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Dammit! Why does Carver have to be such a jerk? I like how he looks (Ahem - I have a thing for long haired men).

Very pretty GUI.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by minyan »

Lesleigh63 wrote:Dammit! Why does Carver have to be such a jerk? I like how he looks (Ahem - I have a thing for long haired men).

Very pretty GUI.
xD Thanks!

I have the same thing you do, so I liked drawing him the best >w<
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by minyan »

This seems like a fun and cute game to play. The charaters are interesting and the art is pretty. Good luck!
Missed this comment earlier! I'm glad you think so and thanks! We need all the luck we can get xD

Updates!:

A lot has been done these past days, NaNo is nearly 1/3 over!
- Intro written
- Benjamin route day 2 and 3 written
- Radley route day 2 and 3 written
- Save/load screen designed
- choice buttons slightly modified
- Gallery page finished
- Credits, Benjamin theme, diary theme composed

Go team go!

Soon to come:
+ Radley and Benjamin day 4
+ Save/load screen programming
+ Ginger's shop background

We shall continue keeping you guys posted! Thanks to everyone following. :D
ImageImage

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#30 Post by Kokoro Hane »

This looks so cute and fun!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"