Amgine Park - finally released

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
darkknight
Veteran

#16 Post by darkknight »

Great game a whole lot of choices to pick from...I have yet to finish the game
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Jerails
Veteran

#17 Post by Jerails »

Ara...I don't have to time to play it right now...*Uploads it into the school server he "borrowed" from his computer teacher to play it there during his US History class because he hates history but the teacher is so lax when it comes to hard working students he doesn't really bother to punish them for leaving class as long as they finish their essays*

...Heh, I'll get back to ya when I'm finished, though from what I've been reading in terms of reviews, I can expect a very unique perspective, which I'm very interested in!
It's been a while, folks!

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#18 Post by rioka »

Dre wrote:Great artwork and I love the background art. How did you do it so well?
Hey thanks! As for the BG's.... Layers. Lots and lots of layers. Patience (or maybe perseverence is more apt?), and it helped that I had a tablet. Most of the backgrounds had touches of pointillism which would've been 10x worse on a mouse. (Don't get me wrong, even with a tablet - there were times when my hand became stiff after X time spent on a BG...)

Color - dark colors in back, lighter colors up front (unless you're talking about something like the shrine area which does the reverse). This helps with depth and dimension.

Detail - if you want something realistic, don't skimp on the details. The open field area after the fork in the road, for example, I drew in a lot of grass. I think I drew in at least 1000 in there... <.<'
Dre wrote:Interesting story with some great effects. Gave me some ideas. 8)
Great! Will you be implementing some in your NaNoRenO project? :)

RedSlash
Veteran

#19 Post by RedSlash »

I only took a short preview of the game so far. I like the scenery!

Dre
Regular

#20 Post by Dre »

Great! Will you be implementing some in your NaNoRenO project?
Yeah, as soon as I come up with the best idea. *pushes self to think harder*

BlackSpider
Regular

#21 Post by BlackSpider »

I finally played the game. A bit late, but well... Got ending nr 3 - best friends or something like that. It took about 45 - 50 min to reach that ending, though I wasn't forcing myself to read fast. It's the first bishounen game I've ever played and I must admit that it was pretty interesting playing the game from a female POV. Yes, it's a good game :D, and the thing that struck me the most (in a positive way of course) is the background art. It's really very well done and I think it can even compete with commercial games backgrounds. However the thing that I missed the most is music and sound effects. Even a sound of a barking dog would greatly improve the mood...

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#22 Post by kara24601 »

Thank you thank you thank you. *glomp*
I can't get the love ending and whenever he'd change his mood / he changes his mood so suddenly for no apparent reason kinda bothered / bothers me , but overall a great game!
My favorite thing was that you didn't take the route of too giggly "oooh...I think I'm in love" girly type but instead made her more like a real girl...maybe disinterested at first and a bit annoyed with the friend and gets naughty thoughts , but then quickly covers up and stuff......oh , and of course ...acumen and other fancy words , yay!
Hehe.
I did figure out the "read between the lines" stuff but apparently not enough to get the romance ending. *cries*
And I would've been upset if you had only made the bishoujo version / this as a bishoujo instead of bishounen game. As much as I love both , I'm naturally going to want to see more bishounen games since I'm a girl. *laughs*

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#23 Post by mikey »

Yes, go for it eclipse! I'm also getting positive feedback from girls who played it (and are desperate they could only get the platonic or other non-ultimate endings). And by all means... keep that sophisticated vocabulary! It really does your mind good to read lines that aren't all "Oh, she looks cute, wonder if I can get her to date me...". :P

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#24 Post by rioka »

re BlackSpider>> Yeah, I would've loved to had added in music or sfx but time was against me. If I did cut another release with music, how many of you guys will actually replay it?

re kara, mikey>> With that kind of response, how can I possibly refuse? I'll see if I can fit another bishounen game later on this year... =) Pssst... It won't be a complete game but I'm setting my sights on finishing the Love Revo for Girls demo (aka Love Revo Fragile Hearts) after NaNoRenO... ^_~
I did figure out the "read between the lines" stuff but apparently not enough to get the romance ending. *cries*
(and are desperate they could only get the platonic or other non-ultimate endings)
Do you guys think I should put in an Amgine Park FAQ page? :?

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#25 Post by Blue Lemma »

mikey wrote:And by all means... keep that sophisticated vocabulary! It really does your mind good to read lines that aren't all "Oh, she looks cute, wonder if I can get her to date me...". :P
I disagree here. While some sophistication in the vocabulary is a nice change, if I come across a word I have to look up while playing a game it just breaks the flow. It fits if the character using the word is a genius, but most people don't use multiple complex words in a sentence :P I think this might be coming from a more game-design standpoint which I tend to think in terms of, rather than a writing standpoint. But that's because I'm more game programmer/designer than writer ^_^

Of course, your game means your style so if it's what eclipse wants, it's what eclipse should do :D

Hey, I think eclipse is the first Giga Fan 8) It's great rankings after that :D

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#26 Post by rioka »

I think the vocabulary used within the game should represent the character. Vocabulary gives people different "voices". If one talked articulately and another talked mainly in slang - you'd automatically know the difference between the two.

What? I'm a Giga-Fan?! O.O I didn't even notice... But now that you pointed it out - w00t! 8)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#27 Post by mikey »

BlueLemma >> I actually know many other players who don't speak English all that well and they have much more words they don't understand, but I don't think it spoils the mood all that much. Of course they don't stop and look a word up in the dictionary, but just keep on playing, because most of the time you can figure out the meaning anyway. But I agree, that if you have English as your native language, you may get distracted when there's suddenly something you have to think about. Happens to me as well. :roll:

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#28 Post by Megaman Z »

eclipse>>looking at the post counts, I think Sai would have been first if he (she?) wasn't titled "winged hybrid" before then.
~Kitsune Zeta

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#29 Post by kara24601 »

I'm pretty good with words , but I did have to be reminded about what some of them meant , I waited until I was done with the game to look them up.
Some people might be less patient. :lol:
( it's sad how one can know alot of big words yet be absentminded / drifiting enough to forget the meanings of certain words and other stuff most of the time...arg )

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#30 Post by rioka »

Yeah, I know. So would mikey, and PyTom. They're waaaay ahead of me. =)