Just for laughs, Super Ren'Py Wars

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

Re: Just for laughs, Super Ren'Py Wars

#16 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

God save us all, here's the link.

I am willing to produce, write, and do concept art (School and Bliss Stage: LIYW take priority, of course. Come to that, so does Transformation Sequence. Apart from art and music it's done). I can also bash my head against the keyboard a little to code, but better coders are better.

The characters from Transformation Sequence and the 1st ANIMa Corps (Bliss Stage) I'll definitely include; I need to ask Chronoluminare about Elven Relations and When I Rule The World characters, mikey about O~O~O, and... someone about Katawa Shoujo.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#17 Post by PyTom »

So, the basic plot is:
Characters from released games versus characters from unreleased games?
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

PyTom wrote:So, the basic plot is:
Characters from released games versus characters from unreleased games?
That's not a bad idea, come to that.
And all of them against the villains, who may or may not include Type-Moon characters trying to squish these gaijin-created upstarts.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Wait,
Would unreleased games mean the WIP stuff?
Because they would automatically win, considering the sheer number of them XD;
deviantART
---------------------

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Well, not ALL of them. :p

Nanashiko
Regular

#21 Post by Nanashiko »

So how would you be judging
what WIP's get included?
Perhaps you should put a completion percent. That way you wouldn't have too many WIP's overwhelming completed games. Or you would at least need to be able some form of a small demo for the game. That way you can judge if it should be included.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

A solid completion percentage is too hard to fudge, honestly: though a completed demo will mean I'll allow them and they'll be neutral :3

I'll just need to judge on a case-by-case basis.

If you would like to contribute characters from your completed or in-progress works, post here with your name, the name of the game, a plot summary, and a character list. Villianous overlords especially welcome!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#23 Post by azureXtwilight »

I wanna add boys! Oswald and Cain from Fantasia the Realm of Thanos. Oswald uses schythe and Cain use fist of fire attacks! You can use Oswald as an evil overlord and Cain as his chibi sidekick. XD But if the position is taken, just use him as a chaotic neutral character. Um, if I'm going to add plot, you should tell me the whole game plot.

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#24 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

Well, seems to me that can be the next cooperative project, like the cute & fluffy project ;)

Only I suggest that Eileen and Lucy stay on *different* sides ;) (aside that intra-party combat should be an interesting twist..)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Well, Lucy is probably still sore about being locked in the cave... :D

Right now, we need future/cyberpunk and mecha guise and male characters. Hopefully I can get Gakuen Dream Savior and Lucky Rabbit Reflex for the males, but hmmn...
azureXtwilight wrote:Um, if I'm going to add plot, you should tell me the whole game plot.
Why did I PM this to you instead of just posting?

I'm not quite sure yet, because I don't know who is ultimately the mastermind, but...

Something is stirring up chaos and strife in the worlds. If Jinzou-Tamashii will let us use the Nexiverse, this is probably through a Nexus connection; otherwise, the Dream from Bliss Stage is a somewhat plausible way for them to get from place to place.

This mastermind installs warlords, conspirators, and other general badness to make life difficult, planning to eventually take over personally, to some purpose. In some cases, the warlords are contacted and let in on the conspiracy; in others, they're manipulated into thinking they got the idea to be a dick themselves.

Bottom line: the Bliss Stage Nightmares now have new feeding grounds. The Typhonai from Venus Warriors new prey. Kenji from Katawa Shoujo gets caught up in the Men's Liberation Front (you heard me). Mer, Elven and Human agents try to provoke Reachfar and the Elvenglade Caller to war. And so on.

They accounted for the playable characters being able to fight back. They DIDN'T count on them joining forces, comparing notes, and starting to unravel the conspiracy.

Make sense?

linkdragon0
Veteran
Projects: ILoMG, Nomads

#26 Post by linkdragon0 »

The story seems interesting. I like the "comparing notes" part.
My handle is Shoe, please use it if you prefer.

International League of Magical Girls
Story: 60%
Script: 15%
Art: 33.33%
Music: 0.002%
Comedy: <9000%

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#27 Post by azureXtwilight »

PMed Tsundere Lightning!

shahab96
Veteran

#28 Post by shahab96 »

i'm actually noob but i think the charecters in my vn could also be used in this. and just to tell the truth it makes me all motivated.. I'll try my best to help out wiht whatever you guys ask since i have too much free time.

my charecter Altair is basically a combination of FFVS13's noctis and FF12's Gabranth with Fate stay night's Gilgamesh
(yeah i know. not the most original character lol. but i'm not very good at being "original".)
=p
The true measure of a man is what he does with his power.

vaanknight
Regular
Completed: Happy Weird-Day! How a freckled fairy can save your world (Or get more freckles in the process...)"
Projects: Nameless 2D Fighting Game

#29 Post by vaanknight »

Ack! this is just too cool... I'd certainly would love to see one of my characters there... is it really alright? won't you be wanting to use more popular characters? I'm also wicked good at imagemap menues now xD, pretty much the only thing I can take care of in Ren'Py with eyes closed, as long as it doesn't involve any uber-complex coding... >.> <.<

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Since Aura and the Katawa Shoujo devteams stance was "meh, make sure it's not claiming to be official" (apart from Delta bitching about KS characters being in the same game as anything with Mugenjoncel's works), Py'Tom has a Eileen approval, Mugenjoncel approves of Lucy, and the cast of Fantasia, Ori~Ochi~Onoe, Aquae and Elven Relations have creator approval, I'm not AS worried about that.

Gakuen Dream Savior and Lucky Rabbit Reflex, might want to grab, as well as well-done sci-fi.