Elven Relations - v1.1 released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

Re: Elven Relations - v1.1 released!

#211 Post by chronoluminaire »

Hi, Kelenas, and thanks for playing!
Kelenas wrote:Songroom: I take the drink, and answer that this is fascinating
Asilana questions: I tried both; asking her about herself (to get to know her more), and not asking about her (since the questions seem to make her uncomfortable)
Banquet: I tried to sit next to her, and to sit next to the Caller
Party: I dance with her first, talk to everyone else, dance with her again, and then tried again both choices; following elven, and defying traditions
Elfways: I talk to her, and during the (narrated) combat, make it my priority to defend her.
Stile: I help her down (but Yukari not), and during combat make it again my priority to defend her.
Village: she rides automatically on my horse

I tried various combinations, but my choices always seem to amount to the good ending; never the best, but never the bad ending, either. I'm pretty sure I'm overlooking something, but I'm somewhat at my wit's end. So, some additional hints would be very much appreciated.
This sounds like you've got most of the right bits. You just need to put the right ones together.
There's one choice you list above that's wrong - Asilana will say afterwards that she'd rather you did something else. That one is:
You should help both Yurika and Asilana down from the stile, not just Asilana.
Apart from that, yes, all the things you list above include the right options; you just need to combine together the right choices where you have multiple listed. I think you have leeway for a maximum of one wrong choice to still get the best ending, and that mustn't be at the party. A couple more tips:
It's good to ask about her as much as possible at the questions in ch3, but apart from that, try to do the things that she reacts best to.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Kelenas

#212 Post by Kelenas »

Hi, Kelenas, and thanks for playing!
Thanks for making this game. :)
This sounds like you've got most of the right bits. You just need to put the right ones together.
There's one choice you list above that's wrong - Asilana will say afterwards that she'd rather you did something else. That one is:
You should help both Yurika and Asilana down from the stile, not just Asilana.

Apart from that, yes, all the things you list above include the right options; you just need to combine together the right choices where you have multiple listed. I think you have leeway for a maximum of one wrong choice to still get the best ending, and that mustn't be at the party. A couple more tips:
It's good to ask about her as much as possible at the questions in ch3, but apart from that, try to do the things that she reacts best to.
Thanks for the tips. Turned out that the choice at the stile was what kept me from the best ending, since I didn't think it'd have much impact.

Now I just have to figure out the other girls...

- Kelenas

Kelenas

#213 Post by Kelenas »

I finally found the time to finish the game today, and got the endings I was missing (Yurika and Tohko).

Strangely enough, I had no trouble getting all of Yurika's endings in just 2 playthroughs, but Tohko gave me quite a bit of trouble.

In either case, I really liked this game, and it's down-to-earth plotline and characters. Especially the latter ones; their dreams and problems were smaller and more personal than the usual fantasy-fare - wanting to see the ocean or choosing between one's dream and one's loved one, as opposed to facing kingdom-/world-shattering threats - which did quite a lot to make the characters and story interesting, but also very human and easy to identify with.

It makes me look forward to the sequel, and I wish you good luck that the work goes smoothly. :)

- Kelenas

Ramidel
Regular

#214 Post by Ramidel »

Kelenas wrote:Strangely enough, I had no trouble getting all of Yurika's endings in just 2 playthroughs, but Tohko gave me quite a bit of trouble.
How'd you get three endings in two playthroughs?

Kelenas

#215 Post by Kelenas »

Well, Yurika's endings are dependant on the very last choice you make on her path, which also makes it pretty obvious which direction the ending is going to take. So I saved beforehand and chose first one and then the other.
Afterwards, I started from the beginning to get the third.

So I had one playthrough for her good/normal endings, and a second one for her best.

- Kelenas

cwandell

#216 Post by cwandell »

Yay Victory :P I got all 8 endings I believe. Yurika's best ending was hard not because of who you had to talk to, but when, there were multiple times when it could have happened.

Btw is Beautiful Days ever going to be made into a actual game? or have you abandoned that idea completely?

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#217 Post by chronoluminaire »

cwandell wrote:Yay Victory :P I got all 8 endings I believe. Yurika's best ending was hard not because of who you had to talk to, but when, there were multiple times when it could have happened.
Well done!
cwandell wrote:Btw is Beautiful Days ever going to be made into a actual game? or have you abandoned that idea completely?
Hmm... I still consider it from time to time. I might go back to it one of these years and make something of an achievable size. It's not high on my list of priorities, but it's possible.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

zagan

#218 Post by zagan »

Okay this is probably a necro but I discovered and dowload the game yesterday and really need to coment on this game, first the good point:

The Graphic are exellent, the music is good the interface is nice and the story is interesting.

Now the bad point :

It's too freaking hard to obtain all ending !

First try I manage Tokho ending without a sweat, second try Asilana good ending again no problem, third try to go for Yukari and I end up with the bad ending without understanding why.

After four more try with the bad ending each time getting more frustrating than the last, so I come here and after reading the whole thread (including spoiler).
I manage to get Yukari best ending and by saving just before the last choice the other two Yukari ending too.

But I just can't get the best ending with Tokho and Asilana !!

So yay sorry for my rant and again you did a really good work on this game but it can get frustrating really fast.

taxiforhire

#219 Post by taxiforhire »

I finally got Tohko's best ending, the last of them! For some reason I found Tohko's path to be the hardest... well, it was easy to get a good ending, but much harder to get the best ending. And I should add that I only got ending 1 because I read a spoiler.

For anyone who's struggling, what ultimately made the difference was
not apologizing for breaking her father's lion. Instead, I chose "Come on, I couldn't have known that" and was able to get the best ending.
This seemed a bit counter-intuitive to me, but I suppose it makes sense, given Tohko's rather unique temperament! :D

Zagan, if you list your specific choices maybe I can help you? For Asilana,
remember to ask about her family, seem interested in Elven culture, and assist not only her but also Yurika at the stile, towards the end.
Good luck!

I'll say that I really enjoyed this game, I feel that it's definitely one of the best visual novels I've experienced so far, as a relative newcomer to the genre. I loved the branching paths, they made this hugely replayable. The art was lovely, and the writing was great--very rare in the world of VN, I think! I also liked the option to avoid extensive battle sequences.

zagan

#220 Post by zagan »

taxiforhire wrote:I finally got Tohko's best ending, the last of them! For some reason I found Tohko's path to be the hardest... well, it was easy to get a good ending, but much harder to get the best ending. And I should add that I only got ending 1 because I read a spoiler.

For anyone who's struggling, what ultimately made the difference was
not apologizing for breaking her father's lion. Instead, I chose "Come on, I couldn't have known that" and was able to get the best ending.
This seemed a bit counter-intuitive to me, but I suppose it makes sense, given Tohko's rather unique temperament! :D

Zagan, if you list your specific choices maybe I can help you? For Asilana,
remember to ask about her family, seem interested in Elven culture, and assist not only her but also Yurika at the stile, towards the end.
Good luck!

I'll say that I really enjoyed this game, I feel that it's definitely one of the best visual novels I've experienced so far, as a relative newcomer to the genre. I loved the branching paths, they made this hugely replayable. The art was lovely, and the writing was great--very rare in the world of VN, I think! I also liked the option to avoid extensive battle sequences.
I've done exactly that in both case, I think the problem come from the order in wich talking to them during the banquet but I can't figure it out.

Ramidel
Regular

#221 Post by Ramidel »

Don't forget to love the song and the first drink for Asiliana.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#222 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

taxiforhire wrote: For anyone who's struggling, what ultimately made the difference was
See, THAT was what sold me on Tokho's path. Knowing that she
was willing to apologize and explain herself
made her much more sympathetic. And I already liked her!

Too many tsundere have too much tsun and not enough dere... :mrgreen:
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

Ramidel
Regular

#223 Post by Ramidel »

Tsundere Lightning wrote:
taxiforhire wrote: For anyone who's struggling, what ultimately made the difference was
See, THAT was what sold me on Tokho's path. Knowing that she
was willing to apologize and explain herself
made her much more sympathetic. And I already liked her!

Too many tsundere have too much tsun and not enough dere... :mrgreen:
I think it's because it's more iconic. You can always tell the tsundere when she whacks her stupid love interest with a mallet or sets him on fire. The dere part requires thinking to do well without making the tsundere look like a wimp.

Deviot
Regular
Projects: Testing out completed Visual Novels?

#224 Post by Deviot »

Thanks for all the hints in this thread! Finally got all endings!

Ahhh, the role tohko plays in ending 1 is creative tho! shows that people should pay more attention to their surroundings more rather than just be focused on the girl you're after
How many of you can go to sleep knowing you'll surely wake up tomorrow, take life for granted and picture yourself in the future? I....can't -Kirimiya Mizuki-

Those who are strong leaves a trail of blood and tears in their wake, sometimes their own, walking over bodies of friends and foes

Qookies
Regular

#225 Post by Qookies »

I can't get Tohko and Asilana's Good Endings!How do I get them? When I get to Asilana's path I get her best ending no matter what. Same with Tohko!!!
EDIT: Nevermind I got them. Now I have all the endings!