Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
AriaRules!
Regular
Projects: High School, for the Supernatural!
Organization: AriaGames

Re: Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

#286 Post by AriaRules! »

I really loved this. Plot = Amazing.

Tenxinori
Regular
Completed: Pure Tears (GxB Otome)

#287 Post by Tenxinori »

*downloading* *_*

facades
Regular

#288 Post by facades »

I love Frozen Essence !
I think out of all the VNs I've played so far, this game has the most number of paths and endings.
Thanks for creating a wonderful game!
Rune : I started out with Rune's path first, the true ending was a major tear-jerker for me when Rune died. But it's so sweet that his spirit still watched over her.
Event though the Light ending allows them to live forever, I think the true ending is somehow more moving and memorable.

Caius : When I first played Caius' path, I got the dark end and thought that I wouldn't like Caius' character. But I read other reviews and many people seemed to like Caius
So I played his path again and got the Light ending. and I absolutely LOVED it! Because of his previous bad guy character, his changed character into someone who can care for others
and patiently take care of others was so much more amazing! Why do "bad" guys always have the better endings in VNs?
hmm....maybe it's because they started out "bad" and so the good end always seems a lot better. Caius' Light end was my 2nd favourite end!(:

Zareh : I LOVE ZAREH!! This was the best path and the best end! I loved the fact that they were childhood friends and how he loved her since they were young.
I loved how he was always watching over her, protecting her, doing everything for her sake behind the scenes. How he made himself deaf so that he could save her.
This was the best ending because one can see that Zareh really loves Mina. ( even though the other guys did love Mina too, I think this pair has the longest history together)
And he stayed dedicated to her for all those years! So amazing! Even if she chose another guy, He seemed to only wish for her happiness.

Overall: The concept is great! I think it's tough setting the scenes in mystical worlds because you need to make sure everything makes sense in the end.
I love the music, I heard you did the music by yourself? That's really impressive! The art is wonderful too. I love the story, especially for Rune's, Caius' and Zareh's paths(:

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#289 Post by VenusEclipse »

Hey everyone. Thanks for playing. I'm really happy you guys had fun.

@Cain - Sorry I made it complicated on myself but I'll update it someday. I rather spend my time on a new game first since people would rather have a new game to play then an updated/cleaner version of Frozen Essence... and also doing both right now will take too much time that I don't have. :mrgreen:

@fascades - Yeah I made the music myself. A friend of mine also did some tracks because the whole VN got overwhelming. I always want music to be original because I find music very important.
I agree with things making sense in a fantasy world. I use to read some high fantasy novels where the author maps out the whole world, and the setting plays a big part in the story. I believe it was the Fire and Ice (or Ice and Fire) series I read a while ago. I only read three books though... but it gave me a big picture on setting, not to mention some big named Anime too.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#290 Post by try10 »

Great game! Good plot, amazing art, HOT GUYS, what more could I want? I can't wait for a new game! :D

XxshimyxX

#291 Post by XxshimyxX »

i think this was the second otome game i played

<3 and i just adore it!
hmmm the first path i got was the True ending T^T it made me cry (didn't see his death coming >.<)
then went after Caius and got his light ending ._. him being a jerk made me cry too lol (but he made up for it in the end)
my favorite ending would be the water path ending it was sooooooooooo sweet, adorable and mushy <3
=D the game was really fun and interesting, it chased my boredom away!

:D i can't wait to play the new game you're working on

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#292 Post by Cain0425 »

if that true do you know when your new game going to be out?

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#293 Post by VenusEclipse »

Thanks. =)

There's no exact release date, but probably sometime next year.

D'd'D
Regular
Completed: Memories
Projects: WoUC, Itsuki

#294 Post by D'd'D »

This game is amazing! :D
Caius being a sadist is just so.. *thumbs up* XD
*shotdead*
My world lies inside of me.
There's a world inside of you, too.

RainbowMusicAddict
Regular

#295 Post by RainbowMusicAddict »

Venus I've already told you one via email,
but I'm going to say it again.
I SERIOUSLY LOVE Frozen Essence.
You know how to make the reader feel the feelings that the MC does.
Not only that,
but you really know how to make me want to look for EVERY end.
I officially had to get all CGs for it,
and I never once wanted to get any bad ends for any other game except this one.
It was just SO GOOD.
I purposely read it slowly, so it would last longer.
I'm excited for the new game. :]

Mini_Moshi
Regular

#296 Post by Mini_Moshi »

I really loved Frozen Essence!

I am going to put this under spoiler just in case.
Somehow, Aurelius and Varian's path seemed felt really short though. I don't know, it just didn't seem like Mina really connected with either of them. And the whole choking her to death with Varian was a bit too much imho. As things were I felt it was really weird she didn't get mad at him because of the constant betrayals and then the choking thing. Maybe if they had some closer moments together beforehand? I don't know. I feel like I'm nitpicking, since I really love the game.

Celestine
Veteran

#297 Post by Celestine »

Walkthrough!! SWEEET Love you! blow kisses**

do a little dance
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

misamane
Regular

#298 Post by misamane »

I played this the other day and I really loved it! The art was so cute and I loved almost all of the characters, my FAVOURITE being Rune.
WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE IN THE TRUE ENDING I WAS SO UPSET I LOVED HIM. I was literally as distraught as Mina shouting NOOOOOO RUNE at my computer! Oh, and I also loved Caius's route, I loved the change in him and him actually crying over Mina. I thought that was beautiful. Oh oh oh and when Zerah was revealed!!!!!! AMAZING. Especially since I had already played Rune's route I was like wow that's how you could get way with being Zerah.
Yeah. It was brilliant.
Careful what you do, ‘cause God is watching your every move. Hold my hand in the dark street, for if you do I know that I’ll be safe. Even if I’m far away and alone, I can be sure that you’ll find me there, this I know. You draw me close for a while, so quiet. You tell me everything. If I forget what you say, then you’d come to me, and tell me again. Yes you’d tell me once again. But what happens when I know it all, then what should I do after that? What then?

Part of the huge LSF project: LemmaTV: Television that watches you!

namphuong286

#299 Post by namphuong286 »

i really love caius part :X
that make me cry a whole freaking lot lol

psyduck
Regular

#300 Post by psyduck »

really love the game. my fav character is Caius. :)