Loren Amazon Princess beta demo [RPG, all combos]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
victorita9
Regular

Re: Loren Amazon Princess beta demo [RPG, all combos]

#31 Post by victorita9 »

jack_norton wrote:A quick note: after thinking about, in the next beta version (which will have the complete story) we're going to put a "covered up" version of Loren, Elenor and Myrth, since many female players said weren't even going to play the game because of that! And it would be a real pity because in Easy mode you can play the game almost as if it was a visual novel, and I believe it has a very nice story. So would be really bad if some people didn't even try the demo because of the art!

In practice it's just an option that is enabled by default but, for those who like it, can be turned off (so we're not replacing any art or anything).
thank you. This is going to make my enjoyment of the game go up a lot. I'm sorry but I could not stand the leaf armor. It's the most impractical outfit, at least loren's armor keeps the boobs back.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#32 Post by jack_norton »

No probs, I thought was silly to prevent some people from playing just because of a sprite :mrgreen: I asked the artist and he actually quickly made armors for everyone! So even Saren, Amukiki, Ramas, etc. Will have the possibility to play with full armor on/off so everyone can play based on his tastes.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#33 Post by jack_norton »

Just a silly thing I made for testing the new outfits :lol: :lol:
computer games

applegirl
Veteran

#34 Post by applegirl »

Lol, funny picture.

I didn't mind the fanservice personally, I think I'm pretty used to seeing that from all the other video games I've played (final fantasy, etc). But if this gets more people to play/buy the game, I'll all for it. The gameplay, story, and art are amazing. Incredibly immersive and fun, it'd be a huge waste for people to miss out on this game.

(waiting patiently for game to be finished :))

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#35 Post by LVUER »

LOL, perhaps you really should make clothes like that. Clothes for those who despise boobs, fan-service, and boobs... Personally, I prefer something that even more revealing than the standard clothes... or something like school swimsuit or bloomers (you know what I mean, right?)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#36 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

LVUER wrote:LOL, perhaps you really should make clothes like that. Clothes for those who despise boobs, fan-service, and boobs... Personally, I prefer something that even more revealing than the standard clothes... or something like school swimsuit or bloomers (you know what I mean, right?)
Player choice is always a good thing. In my own game the player can choose different outfits to wear that are mainly cosmetic in nature, but they all have a hidden "Risque" score that affects how some NPCs react to the player. I figured if a player wanted to run around in a skimpy outfit that some NPCs wouldn't treat you the same as if you covered up.

I think the censored outfits do look more - realistic? Practical at least.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#37 Post by jack_norton »

I've still a long way to go to understand how to please all tastes (well, it's not easy!) so when Aleema told me that some friends of her wouldn't play the game only because of the art, I tried to find a solution, since it would be a real pity to dismiss this game as simply a "fanservice" game and not play it or read the story at least :mrgreen:

Elenor and Amukiki "got covered" too:
computer games

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#38 Post by LVUER »

LateWhiteRabbit wrote:I think the censored outfits do look more - realistic? Practical at least.
Of course. ALL those skimpy (or flashy) outfits in all those game/anime/manga is simply not practical or possible in the first place. I mean who's going to battlefield with just bikini, topless, or even clothes that's more frilly that your nightgown/party dress? Stupid I must say, unless you want to get lots of bruise or end up naked.

Even Atelier series is not an exception. Okay, the protagonist is a girl so she want to dress prettily (and she have to sell some sex appeal too). But if you look at it realistically, would you work in your workshop (dealing with extremely dangerous materials and experiments) and strolling in thick jungle infested with monsters with clothes and shoes like that? Ayesha even don't wear boots (she wears some kind of sandals), try walking on high grass with that...

Ever watched Mr.Incredibles? They give you valuable lesson on designing super hero costumes... no cape. Since cape is a big no no in fight/battle. It could be okay for traveling (depending on the design) but in a brawl? Spiderman like costume is the best. Of course there's a coloring issue too...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#39 Post by distorsion »

For the most part, I agree with Lvuer on the point of armor practicality. However I would like to note that in some cases, lighter protection is more useful (depending on who and where you're fighting). Also, in some warrior cultures wearing very little in the way of armor is/was a point of pride.

As for the whole fanservice issue, I'm of two minds... On the one hand, I'm bi, so I do enjoy the occasional tidbit. But I'm also a (sex-positive) feminist, and too much female only fanservice does rub me the wrong way. Personally, I'm fine with a few (or more) of the the girls being skimpily dressed as long as some of the guys are as well! >w<
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#40 Post by jack_norton »

Today got the battle voices (except Draco... poor Draco! :D) and I started adding them into the game. Made a short video showing some voices:

version 0.93 should be out soon!
p.s. the voices were made by the always AWESOME Ayu and her friends. Really a good job!!! 8)
computer games

applegirl
Veteran

#41 Post by applegirl »

0_0!

Sounds great :D Wow, that's professional voice acting. Nice to hear a new version is coming out.

EDIT: I'm a bit curious who did the voices. Will we find out in the final release?
Last edited by applegirl on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran

#42 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

jack_norton wrote:Today got the battle voices (except Draco... poor Draco! :D) and I started adding them into the game. Made a short video showing some voices.
version 0.93 should be out soon!
p.s. the voices were made by the always AWESOME Ayu and her friends. Really a good job!!! 8)
Chambara sounds a little weird for my tastes, very breathy, and her pain cries are a little . . . um, passionate sounding. Sauzer also sounds stilted. All the rest of the voices are great though.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#43 Post by jack_norton »

applegirl wrote: EDIT: I'm a bit curious who did the voices. Will we find out in the final release?
I'm going to add the voice credits already in the next version (unless I forget lol) but I can post them here already since Ayu posted them on Facebook too:
Saren - Steven Kelley
Elenor - Apphia Yu
Loren - Kimlinh
Karen - Karen Kahler
Apolimesho - Kevin M Connolly
Amukiki - Sean Chiplock
Dora - Sarah Williams
Ramas - Chris Niosi
Chambara - Michelle Rojas
Myrth - Jill Harris
Rei - Patrick Seymour
Sauzer - Peter Gerkman
Mesphit - Edward Bosco
LateWhiteRabbit wrote:Chambara sounds a little weird for my tastes, very breathy, and her pain cries are a little . . . um, passionate sounding.
Well yes, but...fits well the character! :mrgreen:
computer games

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran

#44 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

jack_norton wrote:
LateWhiteRabbit wrote:Chambara sounds a little weird for my tastes, very breathy, and her pain cries are a little . . . um, passionate sounding.
The "hurts so good" type, huh? Alright. Long as its in character. :lol:

Friendbot2000
Regular
Projects: Mutagen : Journey to Haven's Landing

#45 Post by Friendbot2000 »

LateWhiteRabbit wrote:
jack_norton wrote:
The "hurts so good" type, huh? Alright. Long as its in character. :lol:
Kinky.
Visit my game development group's Facebook page : Timekeeper Games
Mutagen : Journey to Haven's Landing Facebook Page
Follow our Twitter feed too : TK Games