Project Nattsu

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#31 Post by Hime »

Long time no news! Probably because I've been too busy to have any time to breathe, even less for Nattsu. But now when my most urgent matters are gone for the moment, I've been working on Project Nattsu this weekend. :)

Progress:
Programming - ??% ~ I've solved a few things about the customizing, yey! The menus aren't still ready, though. I have started putting the graphics (character sprites) to the game, but it's not yet even halfway done.
Writing - 95% ~ All the text and 4/6 of the endings are complete. Anna's ending almost complete, I haven't yet started writing the true ending.
Character art - 100% ~ Though I have done something new, something extra. ;)
CGs - ??%
Music - 0% ~ The music task for DaFool will begin when the demo release is ready.
Backgrounds - 50% ~ I've started editing the backgrounds. :)

At the moment, the CGs are the biggest problem. I haven't yet decided which scenes will have CGs for sure, at the moment the only ones I can surely say are the endings, except for the normal ending which will not have a special CG. So for the bad ending, Anna ending, Mimi ending and Fuu ending, each of them will have one, and the true ending will have two or three. I'm not sure if I even should do more, since the rest is mostly something that I can express with the sprites, but more is always better as long as the quality doesn't get worse, right?

And I'm pondering about a few technical questions with the CGs, too. It's about the lineart. I'm not sure if I should do it with the Photoshop pen tool, which I have never used before, or the same way I did it with the sprites, which is very exhausting, especially with such scenes as CGs, or if I should do them big and a bit "carelessly", when the lineart would look as good as if not even better than the character sprite lineart. Any suggestions and opnions on this would be nice, because I'm kind of lost...

Oh, and a picture of how the game looks like at the moment. Fuu's expression is kind of.... You know. :D I hope you like it. :)
Attachments
previewsshot.PNG

Nafai
Veteran
Projects: Elect: Ascendance

#32 Post by Nafai »

Nice color/shading :)

Really nice, clean art. Some minor quibbles though: girl on the left looks to be slouching (unles that's intentional) and girl on the right looks a bit off - like she has something in her mouth (cheeks bulging out a bit). Again, minor stuff, but just FYI.

Nothing wrong with middle girl though :)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#33 Post by monele »

Mm, I'd say the same as Nafai ^^. Cool art :)

Hime
Veteran

#34 Post by Hime »

Long time no post again, so I'm reporting! Thank you for the comments. :) I'm afraid I will no longer make those sprites better, though... ^^;

Progress:
Programming - ??% ~ Progress with putting the character graphics and bgs in, but it is not complete. The customizing is also a lot more ready! :)
Writing - 100% ~ Complete, except for the extra side and credits, which will be done as a "final touch" after the demo release. But hey, two greens! Woot! \o/
Character art - 100%
CGs - 39% ~ I must doubt if I count the percents right, though. :D But I've progressed in this part as well, so hey! I've been doing four CGs (there will probably be from six to eight), and I've completed one's lineart and the lineart of the three other ones is about halfway ready. Lineart is absolutely the most difficult task for me, so it's kind of "we're on the winning side!" -feeling. ^^
Music - 0% ~ The music task for DaFool will begin when the demo release is ready.
Backgrounds - 82% ~ Most of the backgrounds have been edited~.

So there has been progress... I've been under a lot of school stress so I haven't had much time for Project Nattsu, but when I've had even a little bit of time and energy, I've used it and tried my best. So, I'll keep on with this system. I think the demo release will be ready in the first half of June, if not sooner. (I'll have a lot of important exams, so that's why so late... ^^;)

Also, I've been thinking about the demo release, and I thought that it would be the best if we had a couple of spellcheckers and a few gameplay testers to verify that there are no big errors or anything alike. :) If you feel like you could try it, the volunteering starts.. NOW! And by the way, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell a bit more than just "I'll be a spellchecker/gameplay tester", something like is English your first language (the spellcheckers, mostly) and why would you like to test the game (for gameplay testers).

Hime
Veteran

#35 Post by Hime »

Sorry for the double post, but... Oh the joy!

Progress:
Programming - ??% ~ Progress with putting the character graphics and bgs in is over 50% ready, yay! I also made the presplash today.
Writing - 100% ~ Complete, except for the extra side and credits, which will be done as a "final touch" after the demo release.
Character art - 100%
CGs - 42% ~ Oh and, the last percent rate was totally wrong. The real one would have been less than 20%. ^^; But well... After a lot of working hard, I finally completed all the CG linearts! Yay! So at the moment, there is one CG 100% ready with all of it's variations, and seven with lineart ready. :) So... The hardest job is over and I think I will be able to complete all the CGs within a month, unless the exams kill me.
Backgrounds - 87% ~ Most of the backgrounds have been edited.

And, we're still waiting for volunteers... ^^; Since it looks like that the demo release will most likely get released before June.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#36 Post by DaFool »

You still need more volunteers? For which tasks?

Hime
Veteran

#37 Post by Hime »

DaFool wrote:You still need more volunteers? For which tasks?
For the testing - spellcheckers and gameplay testers, in other words. :)

I think having the game tested that way is quite necessary, spellcheckers since English isn't my first language + I'm not too good at it, and gameplay testers to confirm that I haven't written anything fuzzily or messed with the programming part. Plus I have a few things that I have thought about the extra mode and that I would need the gameplay testers for that... The best would be if we had a couple of a few spellcheckers and a few gameplay testers to check the game. ^^

Hime
Veteran

#38 Post by Hime »

DaFool wrote:You still need more volunteers? For which tasks?
For the testing - spellcheckers and gameplay testers, in other words. :)

I think having the game tested that way is quite necessary, spellcheckers since English isn't my first language + I'm not too good at it, and gameplay testers to confirm that I haven't written anything fuzzily or messed with the programming part. Plus I have a few things that I have thought about the extra mode and that I would need the gameplay testers for that... The best would be if we had a couple of a few spellcheckers and a few gameplay testers to check the game. ^^

Oh yes so, if there are any volunteers, please post here or PM me...

Hime
Veteran

#39 Post by Hime »

Sorry for doubleposting again, but I have something to show you all.. :) Plus a rather uninteresting progress report, of course.

Progress:
Programming - ??% ~ About 70% of the graphics put into the game...
Writing - 100% ~ Complete, except for the extra side and credits, which will be done as a "final touch" after the demo release.
Character art - 100%
CGs - 67% ~ Yes, YES! PROGRESS! I've now completed four CGs with all of their variations, and the lineart of the rest four. So practically, all I have been doing today is eating some chocolate, eating some more chocolate, studying and working reeeally hard with these. I'm afraid I can't be this quick in the future since the only reason I have time is that it's the easter holiday... But anyway.

I've got one gameplay tester this far... So yes, volunteers are still "kind of" needed. ^^;

Oh and, since I finished one CG today (or two actually, but), I'd like to show it to you. Warning, it IS an ending CG! I warned you! So if you don't want to spoil yourself about those, don't click this. Oh, I linked it already so... I really tried my best and spend a lot of time on it, so I really hope you enjoy it. ^^ Oh and, sorry for the big, red, ugly watermark again...

Hime
Veteran

#40 Post by Hime »

Ururu... I have to stop this or I'll be the double poster #1 in this forum quite soon. ^^; But... Updating!

Progress:
Programming - ??% ~ About 70% of the graphics put into the game: No progress, in other words.
Character art - 100%
CGs - 95% ~ One more CG to colour...

So guess who got really working when the most important exam of the year was over and done with? ;) Yes, in a few days, I have completed like, four or three CGs... So I have been working pretty hard. -_-; But I feel good for the fact that I actually did something, I really did. ^^ Usually I'm lazy as a sloth, and now I have actually been working! Yeah! And if I will continue being this diligent, I think we will have a complete demo release in this very month - if not even in two weeks! And oh, speaking of the demo release, the volunteering is still going on. Currectly, we have 2 spellcheckers and 3 gameplay testers. (Many of which are applied for both jobs.) And one potential gameplay tester nominee, too.. ^^

I won't post any links to the CGs at the moment, but if you're interested in seeing them (they're still ending CGs, I warn you), please mention it in this thread and I'll gladly post a link. :)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#41 Post by monele »

You know, as long as there's progress, I don't think double posting is *bad* :)

Hime
Veteran

#42 Post by Hime »

monele wrote:You know, as long as there's progress, I don't think double posting is *bad* :)
Well, if you say so. :) I guess I'm too sensitive about double posting... In some forums you know, it's like the greatest sin ever. So I guess I spend too much time on those kinds of forums or something... ^^;

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#43 Post by monele »

I know what you mean. I usually feel guilty too... but not when forums won't bump up threads on editing for example. So in the end, I'd say that as long as a post is relevant and not just 5 one-liners in a row... it should be ok ^^.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#44 Post by PyTom »

I think on a technical forum (and I consider this to be largely a technical forum, since we're trying to build things), double posting is okay. If new information comes to light, or the situation changes, then it's usually appropriate to post a new message, so the forum software flags the thread as new and everyone interested reads it.

(Obviously, use some judgement here... if your post is brand new, it makes sense to edit it... and make both posts count.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Hime
Veteran

#45 Post by Hime »

Ahh yes, after a lot of sweaty, bloody (?), hard work, the demo release is finally ready! Woohoo! But I don't have neither time or energy to distribute it today... But hey... It's complete! \o/

Progress:
Programming - ??%
Character art - 100%
CGs - 100%
Music - 0% ~ The music task for DaFool will begin when the demo release is distributed and we have thought over all the circumstances.
Backgrounds - 100% ~ Most of the backgrounds have been edited.

So... About four testers + our wonderful musician, DaFool, are going to get the game... I can't yet say when exactly, since I might still grind some pixels and so on, or just collect the energy, but this week for sure! :)