Milk~La légende des étoiles (Cows & aliens) Update 11/07

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Helianthus
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous, Ambre, HVNCML, Garden of Oblivion, Wounded by Words
Projects: Chronotopia, Khzi and the Cursed Stone
Organization: Träumendes Mädchen
Tumblr: TraumendesMadchen

Re: Milk ~ La légende des étoiles - Update 12/07

#31 Post by Helianthus »

Hello folks. Today I would like to ask you (yes, you, the lurker out there :lol: ) your mind about some design changes :
The left one is from Melow and the right one is from Elairin
Since we finished Episode 1 in a hurry, we didn’t have the time to fix the NENEA’s sprite which looks a bit different than the others. We took that opportunity to redraw it completely : what do you think of the new version ?
Also we were pondering about doing a new GUI that will look less…outrageous (using bright red wasn't a good idea after all...). Melow is still experimenting things here and there, but I think we found something more suiting. What do you think of the save/load menu (not finished, of course) ?

--------------------------
Didules wrote:This music is wonderful! Do you plan on releasing a full OST of "Milk"?
I look forward to the other musics, and I'll listen to this one a few more times I think :)
By the way, has Kurumi changed a little bit? She's as cute as ever, but something is different (the eyes?), Will she also change in the next episode?
Like Roganis said : we will release Milk OST later (when he'll be back from Japan to improve tracks that are not as polished as he would have wanted :p). We’ll put some other tracks on Youtube soon too ^^.
Kurumi look won’t change, it’s just that she wasn’t drawn by the same artist for that picture ;)

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Milk ~ La légende des étoiles - Update 18/08

#32 Post by Helianthus »

It's been a while... :oops: Time to do some sort of repport :
The new GUI takes way more time than planned because of the IRL issues the artist has to face. Concerning the sprites and the chibi, it goes pretty well, but making the backgrounds is a pain in the ass (poor artist). And we advance quite slowly to translate the script into english too (any help would be great).
To reassure you, here is a screenshot of the beginning of Episode 2 :

BTW, she's saying something like "Who do you think you're watching ? Never saw a blue skin before or what ?" :)
Background from Elairin, concept art from Laniessa and colorization from Koko-chan

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Milk ~ La légende des étoiles - Update 14/10

#33 Post by Helianthus »

Been a while again. We’re working slowly but surely toward the release (most likely around november/december), sadly there is not much to say right now. I’m eager to show you guys the new GUI, which looks quite good, and the animated background we did. Maybe in a future video… :)

Until then, I realised I forgot to introduce some characters so here we go !
Couic is a little green alien who looks cute but is actually quite snarky. He loves to complain and criticizes about everything. His hobby is mainly to drive Freyja crazy. Needless to say she moderately appreciates the feeling.
Brbr was born a barbarian but he’s so sweet and thoughtful that it’s hard to see him as a deadly machine. Unfortunately his patience is frequently harmed since he has to bear the fights between Freyja and Couic.
Concept art/lineart from Laniessa and colorization from Koko-chan
Also, more music composed by Roganis for your ears :3

This one is the melancholic track with an opressing and sad melody. And next time we’ll post a fight tune !

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Milk ~ La légende des étoiles - Update 01/17

#34 Post by Helianthus »

Wow, no news during 3 months, I’m a bit ashamed :oops:

The thing is the project is not dead but we have been making progress very slowly those past months so that didn’t really help to make news, ahah. Fact is we’ve almost finished episode 2 : sprite are ready, chibis are ready, GUI have been totally remade, the only things we’re missing right now are the CGs (not much) and colorisation for the backgrounds. So I’m still hoping for Episode 2 to be released soon :lol:

Until then, it’s video time ! The old one presenting Episode 1 was really too cheap so we remade it entirely. Also here is a little preview to show one scene from Episode 2 and its animated background. What do you think ? Does it look good ? :)

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Milk ~ La légende des étoiles - Update 03/20 (EP2 releas

#35 Post by Helianthus »

After months of working, we've finished Milk Episode 2 at last ! :lol:

See the "Completed Games" topic to get the download link

So, we're super happy to present you the next part of the story as well as some new features :
  • minor story alterations
  • NENEA’s sprite redesign
  • a better-looking GUI
  • a chapter select menu to make browsing easier
  • some animated backgrounds
The idea had always been to keep getting better and better with each release so we took advantage of that extra time to correct some flaws that were adressed. You can keep report them to us, so that we can take them into account for next episode ! Any feedback will be much appreciated :D

By the way, since Episode 2 has taken us so long, we've actually half finished Episode 3 already, so it should come out faster this time around :)

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Milk ~ La légende des étoiles - Update 06/10 Screenshot

#36 Post by Helianthus »

Sorry folks, I didn’t post for a while. Since Episode 2 release actually :lol: . If you didn’t follow us on Twitter, Tumblr or our Deblog, you might think I’m gonna tell you the usual « we’re progressing slowly » but in fact…we already finished Episode 3 8) . We’re only missing the English translation right now, everything else is done. But, there is a but.
Some change we made for Episode 2 on a whim
We’re gonna sell hard copies including episodes 1-3 at a local convention the first week of July, so to give people who’re gonna buy our goodies (we’ll have a lot of cool items on our booth) a little benefit, we won’t release the web version (still free !) until later this summer.
As you can see, we also have a new textbox ! And a dragon. Dragons are awesome :P
So I’m showing little bits by little bits until the official release, I hope you’re hyped :wink: ! Get ready for a trailer sometimes soon ~

Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

Re: Milk ~ La légende des étoiles - Update 06/10 Screenshot!

#37 Post by Laniessa »

I should really check up on this site more, haha.

I approve of Freyja's new dress! It looks really cool.

As the artist, I can say that I had a great time working for episode 3 as well! (Got to draw more ladies hurrdurr.) Episode 4 is turning out well on my end as well, so I hope all of you are excited!

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Milk~La légende des étoiles (Cowgirls & aliens)

#38 Post by Helianthus »

Milk Episode 3 is due to be released today, so here’s a pretty picture to make you wait :3
And since we’ve already starting working on Episode 4, I’ll be able to show you cool WIPs again ! :wink:
Laniessa wrote:I approve of Freyja's new dress! It looks really cool.
As the artist, I can say that I had a great time working for episode 3 as well! (Got to draw more ladies hurrdurr.) Episode 4 is turning out well on my end as well, so I hope all of you are excited!
Yep, it wasn’t planned at all, but when I saw the promotional art Orties made with Freyja, I thought it would be cool to have the same dress in-game too. I’m glad you like it ^_^.
And thanks for your fabulous work, I want as much people as possible to see it :D

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Milk~La légende des étoiles (Cowgirls & aliens) Update 1

#39 Post by Helianthus »

Hello everyone, it’s been a while :D !

We’ve been silent since Milk Episode 3 release but we’ve also been working like crazy :lol: . As you can see on the main page of the topic (or our public Trello page even), things are progressing smoothly. I’ve just finished coding the balloon scene and I need you 8)

In this short scene from Episode 4, the alien mercenaries are litterally flying away from danger. I've tried a special effect to animate the speech bubbles, what do you think? Does it look good? :o

EDIT: Here's another comic scene I wanted to show 8) !
Last edited by Helianthus on Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Milk~La légende des étoiles (Cows & aliens) Update 03/11

#40 Post by Helianthus »

Ooops, I didn’t update this topic for ages. My bad! :oops:

If you follow us on social networks, you may already know that we took a little break to rest, so it’s no wonder we’re a bit late. But work has resumed and we’re really close to finishing Episode 4: we’re only missing 2-3 CGs (some are already in progress) and background colouring. Thanks to our new artist, we’re handling that too! That being said, I’m hoping to release Milk Episode 4 end-March or early April to focus on the next Ludum Dare (we really want to enter). We’re doing our best to achieve that! :D

Meanwhile enjoy this awesome event CG by Orties. I can’t help but sharing it, I just love how it turned out, ahah. She really did a good job at giving an eerie feeling to the scene. What do you think :wink: ?

Moon20
Regular

Re: Milk~La légende des étoiles (Cows & aliens) Update 03/11

#41 Post by Moon20 »

I love that CG very much it.
Its so beautiful at I cant take eyes Of it.

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Milk~La légende des étoiles (Cows & aliens) Update 03/14

#42 Post by Helianthus »

@Moon20 : Thank you very much! I’m sure Orties (the artist) will appreciate, she put all her heart on this CG ^__^.

Since Episode 4 is coming soon, I thought a little suspense wouldn’t hurt, so here’s a murder scene~

Khzi can be so creepy sometimes :lol:

Moon20
Regular

Re: Milk~La légende des étoiles (Cows & aliens) Update 03/14

#43 Post by Moon20 »

Wow that was creepy but very cool murder scene.
I liked it very much

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Milk~La légende des étoiles (Cows & aliens) Update 03/21

#44 Post by Helianthus »

Moon20 wrote:Wow that was creepy but very cool murder scene. I liked it very much
Thanks, I hope you'll like it even more in the actual game then :D

So, I'm really happy to say that we're actually making good progress: only 2 CGs as well as the colouring of 4 BGs and we’ll be done! I just can't wait to be able to release Milk Episode 4, there are so many things I want to show :3.
In order to help you wait, here are some new scenes 8)
Khzi, dressed up as a gipsy, seems to be involved in yet another of her half-baked plan...
Aluwo, alone, in the middle of the night, drinking in a tavern? What could he be doing?

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Milk~La légende des étoiles (Cows & aliens) Update 07/23

#45 Post by Helianthus »

I can't believe I forgot to update the topic X'). So, err, Milk Episode 4 is actually finished since mid-April :oops:

See the "Completed Games" topic to get the download link

We're actually already working on Episode 5 so I think it might come out faster than the last (there was too many CGs with the previous one, ahah). I'll try to be more up to date this time, sorry :cry:

Here's a preview to make it up!

As usual, any feedback will be much appreciated :D