Project Dream Chasers (need music/musician/s)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

Re: Project Dream Chasers 100% done (hiring new musician/s)

#31 Post by Vatina »

I tried your beta, but for some reason it wouldn't work for me. I'm supposed to open it with renpy, right?
I got this message:
I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

SyntaxError: non-default argument follows default argument

While compiling python block starting at line 8 of D:\WINDOWS\Desktop\renpy-6.3.2\demo/game/menu.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lonnie Brandt\My Documents\Andet\OEL vn\renpy-6.5.0\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 210, in bootstrap
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lonnie Brandt\My Documents\Andet\OEL vn\renpy-6.5.0\renpy\main.py", line 190, in main
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lonnie Brandt\My Documents\Andet\OEL vn\renpy-6.5.0\renpy\script.py", line 448, in load_script
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lonnie Brandt\My Documents\Andet\OEL vn\renpy-6.5.0\renpy\script.py", line 162, in __init__
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lonnie Brandt\My Documents\Andet\OEL vn\renpy-6.5.0\renpy\script.py", line 344, in load_file
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lonnie Brandt\My Documents\Andet\OEL vn\renpy-6.5.0\renpy\script.py", line 397, in update_bytecode
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lonnie Brandt\My Documents\Andet\OEL vn\renpy-6.5.0\renpy\python.py", line 207, in py_compile_exec_bytecode
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lonnie Brandt\My Documents\Andet\OEL vn\renpy-6.5.0\renpy\python.py", line 189, in py_compile
File "compiler\transformer.pyo", line 52, in parse
File "compiler\transformer.pyo", line 129, in parsesuite
File "compiler\transformer.pyo", line 125, in transform
File "compiler\transformer.pyo", line 158, in compile_node
File "compiler\transformer.pyo", line 189, in file_input
File "compiler\transformer.pyo", line 1080, in com_append_stmt
File "compiler\transformer.pyo", line 306, in stmt
File "compiler\transformer.pyo", line 1073, in com_stmt
File "compiler\transformer.pyo", line 306, in stmt
File "compiler\transformer.pyo", line 1073, in com_stmt
File "compiler\transformer.pyo", line 253, in funcdef
File "compiler\transformer.pyo", line 843, in com_arglist
SyntaxError: non-default argument follows default argument

While compiling python block starting at line 8 of D:\WINDOWS\Desktop\renpy-6.3.2\demo/game/menu.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.5.0e
Is it because I should use an older renpy version perhaps? (renpy-6.3.2?)

denzil
Veteran

#32 Post by denzil »

Vatina wrote:I tried your beta, but for some reason it wouldn't work for me. I'm supposed to open it with renpy, right?
Yes, it's supposed to be opened with RenPy. Probably some RenPy change since when I last worked on it. Fixed file attached, just replace the original one with it.
Attachments
menu.rpy
(7.56 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Practice makes purrrfect.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#33 Post by lordcloudx »

Ahem! While we're look at a tentative early February "soft release," I'd like to make a special version or update patch at a later date with music and voice acting.

Thus, Project Dream Chasers is now looking for four male and one female voice actors/actresses to voice this game in English.

Please reply here or pm me if interested. If you'd like to try the game, there's a beta version available for download on this thread.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

Re: Project Dream Chasers (need voice actors)

#34 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Im a bit of an aspiring actor/voice actor. I'd be happy to send you a clip of me doing a scene from Bleach and other series if ya want. ^^
in a perfect world those who can do it teach others how to do it. but were not in a perfect world. So were primarily stuck with teachers who don't kno jack.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Visual Novel forums

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rekzs0.png

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#35 Post by lordcloudx »

Well... if you could try saying a few lines from Rygel for this VN. The download should be only few posts back

or you can use this for reference
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#36 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

No problem, I'll have start recording when I get home. I guess I'll try the first paragraph or so. ^^; I've read the stuff and wow your an awesome writer ^^. I just hope my voice can do your work justice. Also, is it ok if I edit my voice a little? Just to get rid of any crackling that may occour. I use audacity so it's pretty easy.
in a perfect world those who can do it teach others how to do it. but were not in a perfect world. So were primarily stuck with teachers who don't kno jack.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Visual Novel forums

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rekzs0.png

Kiyumi~chan

#37 Post by Kiyumi~chan »

My friend was telling me about what you were doing and I was like,"OMG no way, thats like what I want to do!" Then he tould me that you were looking for a voice actress and I flipped out, Im here lookin to help you out and get started in the feild that I love, so tell me what 'ta do and im on it, what do you need me to read? :wink: :)

Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

#38 Post by Sakurazaki »

Sent a pm to you with voice clips.
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#39 Post by lordcloudx »

Voice Actors/Actresses

Risa = Sakurazaki
Silva = me! :twisted:
Kira = denzil
Rygel = none yet... how bout PyTom? :twisted:

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#40 Post by PyTom »

I don't do voice acting (except maybe a cameo if someone asks really nicely).
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

#41 Post by Sakurazaki »

Thanks for casting me. I will do my best as Risa.
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

MoonlightBomber
Regular
Completed: Gravure: A Super Network Wars Prelude, Nothing Happened series
Projects: Deadline, upcoming NaNoRenO 2020 project
Tumblr: moonlightbomber
Deviantart: moonlightbomber
itch: dagitabsoft

#42 Post by MoonlightBomber »

I'll pitch in.
Korina Sanchez: Ex-sensei Mel, we've met again.
Mel Tiangco: I'm expecting this from my former student.
Korina Sanchez: I know all along the reason for your presence.
Mel Tiangco: Of course. Your hairbrush.
Korina Sanchez: Snatch it again? Well, you're mistaken. It's because my hairbrush's container is packed with security features. What's your say?
Mel Tiangco: If you can do security... (pause) then 120% of my strength will shatter it!

Excerpt from Super Network Wars Omega: Suikoden Pilipinas

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#43 Post by lordcloudx »

moonlight bomber: Rygel's part for u if that's ok. Join us on the channel and we can discuss in moar detail.

Senshiofsilence

#44 Post by Senshiofsilence »

XD nice job Sakurazaki :P And I'm really interested in the plot. So I'll keep an eye on this when it comes out.
R3 Productions
THE LAZY ADMIN! >:3
Current Project: Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#45 Post by lordcloudx »