Caramel Mokaccino (hiatused too =_=)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: Caramel Mokaccino

#31 Post by jack_norton »

Really nice artwork!
...but what about your previous game? I mean why you started a new one without finishing the other first?
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#32 Post by N0UGHTS »

Deji on Aster@ wrote:EDIT: since my exam got posponed until who-knows-when and my writer hasn't even started day 2 because he's busy with his own projects, this game's production is on hiatus. Fear not, thou, since I *really* want to finish this thing and the only thing preventing that from happening so far is the lack of script, since most of the art assets are already finished
Deji, are you cursed? 0_0 It seems many of the writers that work with you are met with some trouble or misfortune and such during the middle of game development...

Don't worry about it. Just get some tap water, run with it through a church, and then dowse yourself with it. You'll be fine. XD You could also try this chicken dance that's— wait, no, that's for enchanted cold viruses, my bad.
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#33 Post by Deji »

Tsundere Lightning wrote:Oh, god, that character art is beautiful. If you need playtesters, drop me a line.

I am still interested in having you illustrate TS. Or at least your critiquing my art: it's gotten surprisingly good.
Thanks! ^____^
I'll need some playtestrs, but it's gonna be a long while untill the story is done xD;

I'm open to draw for you at any time, as long as we keep the agreement we had through PMs =P
And if you want me to crit your stuff and be the mean bitch that redlines everything, just drop me a link~~ ^___^
jack_norton wrote:Really nice artwork!
...but what about your previous game? I mean why you started a new one without finishing the other first?
Well, N0UGHTS already answered that with a quote ^^;
I can't write a all, so I'm dependant on my writers. My first project has 90% of the art assets done, but my writer only has Day1 and half of Day2 done after like... a year after I asked him to help me with this. He's also busy with his big StarWars fanfilm project, as he's close to premiere it, so... yeah. I scold him every time I see him, thou =o=;;;
N0UGHTS wrote:Deji, are you cursed? 0_0 It seems many of the writers that work with you are met with some trouble or misfortune and such during the middle of game development...
My writer firends are either busy with other stuff and/or fall into writer's block easily and/or have personal issues xD;
And my boyfriend has great ideas but he's allergic to writting.
So... yeah, probably xD;
You know, even working for MysteryParfait on FlightofTwilight gives me troubles with the writer, ven if I don't have to deal directy with him
(but everything I do has to pass his "I need this to be as close to what I have in my min as possible" inspection)
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Deji

#34 Post by Deji »

Here's something I just did, just because I don't like the way Penny's sprite-in-progress lokks right now... she looks kind of... out of style DX;
So I went and re-sketched her bust-shot sprite, and gave her a few extra poses... probably only 2 or 3 of them will be used in the end if anything, but it was fun playing around with them XP

Behold my messyness!
pennysprite_new.jpg
Tumblr | Twitter

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#35 Post by yummy »

Wah this is just too cute!
I have an idea but I don't know if it's too time consuming for you. How about making a short animation ?
A few images would be enough for, let's say, a small animation where she closes her eyes and nearly goes sleeping. You could do the eyelids movements too (somehow useless, but it's fun when there are details ^^).

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#36 Post by monele »

She is incredibly cute indeed XD. Sleepy face and "uuwah!!" win :)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#37 Post by musical74 »

wow....great artwork Deji! I'll second monele with the best two..but they are all very cute!
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Deji

#38 Post by Deji »

Thanks guys ^___^

yummy: I've done little animations with sketches, and actually thought about making a lil animation with Penny's sprite too xD; But I'm procrastinating too much already from what I have to do to attempt it right now >_o;;

BTW, the colored sketches of two new characters have been added to the first post ^___^

And I'm working on he base sketches for the sprites right now: I have sketched Annie's and Julieta's, and they were approved by Lira (except a minor edit on one of Annie's poses). I should have Barbara's done today and I'll try to start Nico's.
Tumblr | Twitter