Your Stereotypes

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Jake
Support Hero

Re: Your Stereotypes

#31 Post by Jake »

kantocan1 wrote: Atheist so i'm some godless heathen
Sorry, but if you're an atheist you are a godless heathen, pretty much by definition. It's just that you disagree with the kind of people who use the word 'heathen' on whether or not it's necessarily a bad thing. :P
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

kantocan1
Regular

#32 Post by kantocan1 »

Jake wrote:
kantocan1 wrote: Atheist so i'm some godless heathen
Sorry, but if you're an atheist you are a godless heathen, pretty much by definition. It's just that you disagree with the kind of people who use the word 'heathen' on whether or not it's necessarily a bad thing. :P
Oh right sorry didnt make that bit clear hehe (people use it in a bad way as an insult)
I love GxB/Otome games! (Same thing really).

Anyone here like Bleach?

Aoyama Ryuu
Regular
Completed: Forty minutes to eternity

#33 Post by Aoyama Ryuu »

I have my hair straight and over my face so I MUST be emo - No, sorry, I have a strong character and I'm usually cheerful.
I'm a writer, thus I MUST be lonely, have no friends and sick with my life - Untrue, I have many friends and I'm very content with my life. Of course I want to get more out of it, but doesn't everyone aim for a higher purpose?
I have medium length hair so I'm surely a satanist - Usually it's either this one or the first. Needless to say it's incorrect, I'm actually a Christian and normally as a fellow Christian one should know better than to judge by appearance; however stupid people are stupid regardless of religion.
If someone finds out I'm a Christian the this one ensues -> I'm a Christian, thus I must want to burn all "pagans". First of all, those were Catholics and I'm Orthodox; second, I do not judge anyone, I believe everyone is free to make their own decisions and I respect them... as long as they respect mine.
I practice Kenjutsu, thus I'll kick your ass - First of all, I can't do it unless I have a bokken/katana on me, which I usually don't as it's... kind of shady to walk around with those at hand. Second, I don't usually burst in cutting/beating people up for no reason. Another annoying thing is when people ask me if I could kill someone with a sword. If you really want to, you can probably kill someone with a screwdriver, you don't need a sword for that...
Forever

Alphonse
Regular

#34 Post by Alphonse »

Actually, instead of going home and crying or something, I actually laugh at stereotypes. Mostly because they don't come from nowhere. They all have some truth to them. My friends and I like to laugh at the stereotypes associated with our own cultures. (So whenever I see a "I'm BLANK therefore I MUST blank" list, I like to go through them and see which ones actually apply to me.)

I'm black, and I do enjoy fried chicken/can't swim.
I'm American, and I am overweight.
I'm Christian, and I do think everyone else is going to hell/do think being gay is wrong/whatever.
I'm an anime fan, and I am (kind of) anti-social.
I wear glasses, and I am (technically?) smart.
I'm in gifted classes, and I do have a superiority complex.

As for some other ones, while I am Jamaican and don't smoke pot, my brothers do. They also think they're gangstas.

Y'all were expecting me to talk about how stereotypes are evil and untrue, weren't you?

playswithtribbles
Regular
Projects: 'Paths of Twilight' A Fantasy GxB game with a RPG flavor. Sprites: 18% Script: 35-38% BGs: 18% Music: 100%

#35 Post by playswithtribbles »

Alphonse wrote:Actually, instead of going home and crying or something, I actually laugh at stereotypes. Mostly because they don't come from nowhere. They all have some truth to them. My friends and I like to laugh at the stereotypes associated with our own cultures. (So whenever I see a "I'm BLANK therefore I MUST blank" list, I like to go through them and see which ones actually apply to me.)
Good Idea...

Things that actually apply to me, (and those that don't):

I am intelligent:
THEREFORE: I AM a narcissist. I DO have a superiority complex over the vast majority of people. I DO think I know better then most people. I AM a sore winner, I will totally rub it in your face! Mwa ha. If people ask me a stupid question I WILL respond with an equally stupid answer.
--Example: 'In line at a movie theatre'
--Stupid question- "Are you here to see a movie?"
--Me- "No, I'm here taking a survey on how stupid people can be, would you like to participate?"
HOWEVER: I WILL listen to others opinions and admit when I am wrong. I AM NOT a sore loser. I WILL NOT put someone down for not knowing something, instead I will explain it to them respectfully. I WILL NOT intentionally be condensing or disrespectful (Unless your rude, or you p*ss me off, then woe be unto you. grr..)

I am a huge geek/otaku/reader:
THEREFORE: I DISLIKE being social most of the time. I ENJOY being alone. I AM pretty pale at the moment actually... I CAN fix your computer. I WISH I lived in Japan.
HOWEVER: I ENJOY sunlight, beaches, and sports. I DO NOT have communication problems.
-Dark Helmet-"And so you see Lonestar, that evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb."

Sify

#36 Post by Sify »

Lol ^^.

I am Asian, and I am actually good at math, but I have never studied in my life - I also get the top marks in physics, chemistry, English, metalwork and French.
I am tall and skinny, and I actually don't exercise at all - yes I know that's bad for me. I also eat like my dog - there is never anything left on my plate.
I live in the country, and I knew how to drive when I was ten. I also have tonnes of animals, and I really don't know how to use public transport.

Enigma
Veteran

#37 Post by Enigma »

I'm black living in the American south, aside from the obvious here are some other sterotypes

I'm a martial artist and back when I had my afro, people thought that made me
this

and you know what, I don't know how to use a katana, I'm a Jeet Kune Do user. I do have a friend whose dad teaches Iaido, so maybe one day I will become the Afro Samurai! People can't tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese martial arts, so I can actually get away with pretending to be Afro. In fact, there is a theory in my school that Afro Samurai is actually set in Kentucky (where I leved before I do now) and it's the story of my younger years (I actually do have a headband like that.......)

Topagae

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit am

#38 Post by Topagae »

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."